MOVED

BritneysPAIRS

CoinOPS SHOWROOM  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

yes it means you could force it to any mode for any game....no matter what the setting is...like the automatic sound off and all time classics/hot games they can be customised though the xml...also game launchers are run though the xmls

:D

That would be seriously awesome, man. Many levels of awesome in fact.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't deny the guy who gave us fba-xxx pro right?

Lol, don't big that up too much. All I did was tweak a few things and give it a slightly cooler sounding name. :D

you've done more than i... any chance of a mame emu with your name on it?

I have to agree, the xport emulators have to be the easiest to use and configure.

i don't understand how anyone could not understand how to use xports or snes' for that matter. the default setting works on sd and hd. true you may have to adjust the screen size but it's not that hard.

fba/fbaxxx gui was even easier... "press left or right button for cps, cps2, snk, others..." simple.

on a side note:

i have asked bs a question or two for help and options with coinops. having multiple rom folder directories in the gui... more than one. i saw this on r8, thanks bs

like many involved in the xbox i'm still getting my learn on.

Edited by tristanx

you can disuss how easy stuff is all you want...I know what ive seen with years of observing....you saying its easy is all good but is not going to change my mind I have seen alot more than once the issues...why would anyone that come to my place

A want to adjust the screen or

B know how to.........

im sorry you have no idea about the gen public...I know you think my dad should know what cps1 2 and neo geo is and that they arnt displayed and that metal slug needs pressing two triggers to find and that he should know how to change the screensize and also when exiting not to play with everything else but sadly he didnt...

So I wont listen to you guys at all on this matter....you should get madmab its for you guys....ive seen many ague this stuff and basically in time ive removed nearly everyone like you...I wont be commenting on this anymore and will be ignoring the subjext as I think you guys are out of touch with the average person....

ive seen many ague this stuff and basically in time ive removed nearly everyone like you...I wont be commenting on this anymore and will be ignoring the subjext as I think you guys are out of touch with the average person....

Im not arguing, nor do i give a shit what you do with CoinOps.

Who's outta touch with the average person ? "We" are the average person. That includes you.

Bet it's hard to see from that lofty position you've placed yourself on.

Carefull someone doesn't come along a knock you off your perch.

Zhoul, my problems with looking for my own roms are manifold. Hard to find the correct version that actually works. And the only way I've found to collect xmvx is in huge rapidshare rars, which I then have to sort through and it wastes bandwidth and (temporarily) hard drive space. And on top of all that, I'm just not a big enough arcade fan to even know the names of games I don't have that are cool. Soul Edge/Calibur, I guess.. Lucky & Wild was an awesome game, but it'd never work on a controller anyways.

If you can free up some space, you might consider grabbing the full CoinOPS set just so you'll have all the roms you need from the get go. That solves one of your problems right there. Then you can whittle down the list if you're willing to put the time in to Google the filenames. Some rom names are pretty obvious when skimming through the list.

Here are a couple good sites to help with putting together a custom list:

http://www.bmigaming.com/top100arcade.htm

http://www.arcade-museum.com/TOP100.html

BP, do you mind checking these top 100 lists to make sure all compatible games are included in Showcase? Seems to me if you're going to have 1000 games, might as well have the top 200.

I tried getting a mame .137 torrent, picked out a bunch of games pretty much based on filesize and name - but then a lot of them didn't work, weren't categorized correctly, and don't have handy dandy preview vids. I hate to sound like such a newb about things, but google and torrents don't seem to be the easy solution to rom worries for me. Btw, used Romnation to correlate titles with filenames, so I'm pretty sure I was getting the games I think I was, they just didn't work.

Btw, I hope like R2, this showcase gets released as a torrent, so I can choose what I want to download. That also frees up the question of whether or not to include non-Arcade games, as people can just deselect those if they don't want them.

Edited by megabungle

I am happy as with my progress cba :D good to see concerned about my progress....maybe you should look at your own stuff with more concern I would for sure if I was you....

im doing a best of made from many experienced people...alot of games I didnt know about...anyones free to make suggestions and join the team...but they need to know its a controlled process and to work with the project not against it or try and control it...if that happens we progress without you....its nothing personal as people think....ive found it easy to own others that think they can go it alone and I wish this wasnt the case but unfortantly ive never seen any proof that I should have let them control the show....maybe I should have seen there skills but I havent so im happy with things :) also the stats show they are so wrong anyways...but hey they think they are right so we will agree to disagree...lifes all good and im enjoying the fruits of my work...and everyday I enjoy it a little more

ill give CBA a real world story of average people...

I gave my cousin and xbox that I had been running xport stuff in sd on....he had an hd tv...

his kids played it and when the screens to small...so I told them they have to change the TV

LESSON LEARNED :: Assumption they have sd and hd tvs and wont swap is flawed...so fixed in CoinOPS

then all the games where the wrong size

LESSON LEARNED :: No automatic adjustments makes life hard when swapping ...so fixed in CoinOPS

they asked how do I change the screensize

LESSON LEARNED :: People dont want to understand the technical side and want to play games...so fixed in CoinOPS

then they got lost in the emulator and asked where Mslugs where...I told them dummies they are CPS2 games you newbe

LESSON LEARNED :: general public dont know CPS1 CPS2 other NeoGeo...so fixed in CoinOPS

then they said I cant see my games....I said dam you must point this to F://Games//Emulators//mednafenx//Roms whats wrong with you...they said whats mednafenx...I said what a newbe

LESSON LEARNED :: Why do you think people know what system runs what and how you have managed the file system...so fixed in CoinOPS

its a hint for you guys that wonder why the interface is done the way it is...if it doesnt make sense then all the power to you and good luck...it makes sense to me and as this is my project im happy with what ive done...you guys need other stuff or to start your own project...there is more examples and more reasons but these are the basics of my design structure and why....if you dont understand then we can never see eye to eye as I will never see your point a view after seeing this 50 times in each occassion when modding 100s of boxes

so cba although you dont care you are always back...

Its good to see all you new people......this will add documentation for people eventually to answer alot of questions asked and also stuff you probably dont know exists in it :)

WELCOME ALL BRING OTHERS IN AND JOIN IN IVE SEEN MANY NEW FACES LATELY WHICH IS GOOD TO SEE, MAKE SHOWROOM MUCH BETTER

These are all really great points. I've had similar issues myself when showing people how to use the emulators.

I am happy as with my progress cba :) good to see concerned about my progress....maybe you should look at your own stuff with more concern I would for sure if I was you....

im doing a best of made from many experienced people...alot of games I didnt know about...anyones free to make suggestions and join the team...but they need to know its a controlled process and to work with the project not against it or try and control it...if that happens we progress without you....its nothing personal as people think....ive found it easy to own others that think they can go it alone and I wish this wasnt the case but unfortantly ive never seen any proof that I should have let them control the show....maybe I should have seen there skills but I havent so im happy with things :) also the stats show they are so wrong anyways...but hey they think they are right so we will agree to disagree...lifes all good and im enjoying the fruits of my work...and everyday I enjoy it a little more

I gave my cousin and xbox that I had been running xport stuff in sd on....he had an hd tv...

his kids played it and when the screens to small...so I told them they have to change the TV

LESSON LEARNED :: Assumption they have sd and hd tvs and wont swap is flawed...so fixed in CoinOPS

LESSON LEARNED :: No automatic adjustments makes life hard when swapping ...so fixed in CoinOPS

LESSON LEARNED :: People dont want to understand the technical side and want to play games...so fixed in CoinOPS

then they got lost in the emulator and asked where Mslugs where...I told them dummies they are CPS2 games you newbe

LESSON LEARNED :: general public dont know CPS1 CPS2 other NeoGeo...so fixed in CoinOPS

then they said I cant see my games....I said dam you must point this to F://Games//Emulators//mednafenx//Roms whats wrong with you...they said whats mednafenx...I said what a newbe

LESSON LEARNED :: Why do you think people know what system runs what and how you have managed the file system...so fixed in CoinOPS

its a hint for you guys that wonder why the interface is done the way it is...if it doesnt make sense then all the power to you and good luck...it makes sense to me and as this is my project im happy with what ive done...you guys need other stuff or to start your own project...there is more examples and more reasons but these are the basics of my design structure and why....if you dont understand then we can never see eye to eye as I will never see your point a view after seeing this 50 times in each occassion when modding 100s of boxes

Its good to see all you new people......this will add documentation for people eventually to answer alot of questions asked and also stuff you probably dont know exists in it :)

WELCOME ALL BRING OTHERS IN AND JOIN IN IVE SEEN MANY NEW FACES LATELY WHICH IS GOOD TO SEE, MAKE SHOWROOM MUCH BETTER

These are all really great points. I've had similar issues myself when showing people how to use the emulators.

I am happy as with my progress cba :) good to see concerned about my progress....maybe you should look at your own stuff with more concern I would for sure if I was you....

-

LESSON LEARNED : general public will stay ignorant. Don't think just be. Consume or die.