MOVED

BritneysPAIRS

CoinOPS SHOWROOM  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

hehhe another one that wants 12000 and arcades only....i wont look at there votes as they really have no clues to mame stuff by looks

i personally would like to see just arcade only. xport & snes already have fine emu's for consoles. why not focus on non-fba/fbl titles only too. we have fba/fbl which work really well. i know nothing will be 100% perfect, but too many options ie arcade/consoles with a ton of cores could lower the quality of the emu as a whole.

I would agree with this. CoinOPS is a fine arcade emulator and I personally think it should stick to what it does best. The console stuff just seems like bloat to me. For anyone who is serious about playing console games there is no substitute for Xport's emulators. I would like to see the focus shifted back to arcade games and have voted accordingly.

mucho gracias!

can't deny the guy who gave us fba-xxx pro right?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orig. showcase had ~800 roms. Wouldn't mind seeing 12-1500, but 2000 seems extreme for arcade only.

I'm not bothered by other emulator cores, but I use CoinOps like it was an emulator for coin operated games. I never stuck quarters in my NES...

Skins, meh. Sure why, not. But I'm happy with what you've done so far.

to everyone it seems pointless to me to bloat up my xbox to play Final Fight 2 and Final Fight 3 also no one I know wants to load multiple EMUs with multiple guis and going between them, they just play all the arcade types of games off one easy GUI.....xport stuff confused the young kids so this is just to play arcade games...if your an emu snob use the full version....ive added it for those that want it....and it works 100percent...me and everyone I know uses it....

Anyways it up to you guys arcade will be 1300 games.....with sort out consoles it will be about 1750 games...pick wisely I have both builds but im only releasing one and it will be all sorted with everything matched

.....xport stuff confused the young kids so this is just to play arcade games...

What's so difficult about Xport's gui? Just set it to start up from the rom list and the young kids shouldn't have a problem. Sure, his gui lets the user do whatever the heck they want, but that's because we asked him to put that stuff in there. He always listened and didn't ignore people who just wanted to improve his emulator.

Edited by Zhoul

Orig. showcase had ~800 roms. Wouldn't mind seeing 12-1500, but 2000 seems extreme for arcade only.

I'm not bothered by other emulator cores, but I use CoinOps like it was an emulator for coin operated games. I never stuck quarters in my NES...

Skins, meh. Sure why, not. But I'm happy with what you've done so far.

With MAME it's probably best just to hand pick your own collection rather than depend on someone else's. The CoinOPS set is a good starting point though, since a lot of the popular stuff is already included.

oh well ive tested on many people and they find even exiting games confusing... it cant be filtered as easy or sorted as easy....ive tested it on many people...maybe 50 or so and its just what ive seen...I saw the same thing on FBAxxx that they never found any of the games in the tabs....im only talking about new people....also I found people had massive issues with xport emus and other ones when moving from hd to sd tvs all the time they basically ended up having to adjust there games everytime they moved....they got stuff scrambled and overall they said they didnt like the experience...its just my findings and I listen to the young ones and the non experienced people....just for what I do....and I enjoy it much better as im sure many do

im sure people dont but they can do there own thing really....I wont let clutter and stuff get in the way of playing games and having fun....as it will disapoint the people I do this for and this stuff has been tested on them and they remain pretty much constant to what they want

Plus they just like it in one consistant interface...sorted the way they want it...and tracked for useage and also being able to easily setup there own favs...works perfect for me...im not forcing anyone to use the features they are there and from my tests most people that just want to play will prefer it that way....

Zhoul no offense but your comments are against the top votes you obviously dont really know that people want Showcase 2 ... I saw the figures for downloads and they kill the stuff you mention....its no offense but you are talking about doing stuff themselves when even rx list was terrible wrong in places and obviously cant setup some stuff in mame....no ones worked out CPS3 stuff for instance :D anyways no offense but please if you want something diff as clearly you do....start a thread start a team, as you know I dont want any part of it :) but best of luck

I know you guys are vocal and passionate but I see what happens generally when stuff is done your way...both in my personal life and also in alot of the figures so ill agree to disagree and keep going my way im happy with the results and it looks by numbers alot are....peace to all of you that want stuff to change and make it happen...with or without me...also you will have the awsome madmab things sometimes I guess best of luck with them im sure they will be all you want and much more

any more of stuff like this zhoul ill tend to skip over it sorry.... no problems setting up your threads I just need to progress with my direction some more :)

KI xxx core [ 20 ] [16.67%]

MK Core [ 29 ] [24.17%]

New Updated look [ 22 ] [18.33%]

New SHOWROOM with 2000 games [ 29 ] [24.17%] ************************* <------- for your info Zhoul

New Sorting Options for Console/Arcades [ 20 ] [16.67%]

its looking like ill remove all console from the build including the catagory sorting and videos etc......this will save a few gig of bandwidth if this is what is wanted...one week to decide then im looking at this stuff clearly as CoinOPS reignite X will be out and it will be the final reignite

oh well ive tested on many people and they find even exiting games confusing... it cant be filtered as easy or sorted as easy....ive tested it on many people...maybe 50 or so and its just what ive seen...I saw the same thing on FBAxxx that they never found any of the games in the tabs....im only talking about new people....also I found people had massive issues with xport emus and other ones when moving from hd to sd tvs all the time they basically ended up having to adjust there games everytime they moved....they got stuff scrambled and overall they said they didnt like the experience...its just my findings and I listen to the young ones and the non experienced people....just for what I do....and I enjoy it much better as im sure many do

im sure people dont but they can do there own thing really....I wont let clutter and stuff get in the way of playing games and having fun....as it will disapoint the people I do this for and this stuff has been tested on them and they remain pretty much constant to what they want

Exiting games ----> Right joystick button + exit. Not difficult at all.

Sorting games ----> Subfolders. It's simple and works fantastic.

HD to SD switching ----> Buy a second Xbox. Problem solved.

In addition, every game can be centered perfectly, which is no small feat as most other emus can't do the same. When playing Rygar on the NES, you can adjust the turbo setting so his whip gets full extension on every swing. You can even use the start button to attack if you wanted to. The level of customization allows the user to play the games exactly as they want.

I just don't see how it's unfriendly to newbies since most of what they need to learn is accomplished with a simple press of the right joystick button. Since Xport ported most of the emulators on the Xbox, once you learn one you've learned them all. There would be a MUCH bigger problem if every emulator were ported by someone different.

its looking like ill remove all console from the build including the catagory sorting and videos etc......this will save a few gig of bandwidth if this is what is wanted...one week to decide then im looking at this stuff clearly as CoinOPS reignite X will be out and it will be the final reignite

Who said remove the vids? That'd be the reason for me to bother with getting a new showcase. I thought the whole idea of "showcase" is that it's full of tested, good copies of top games presented in all their glory.

And if you already did the work for additional console support, why not leave it in? I figured it wouldn't be hard to just point it at the rom folders I already have, and then I could check it out if I got interested. I am quite lazy, so playing everything through one emulator might be nice.

I just figured it would be a lot of updating and bug fixing to deal with extra consoles. You keep bring up "the results of the voting," but you set up kinda weird choices. Updated Showcase kinda blows a lot of choices out of the water. It's not like you asked "Snes or KI xxx core?"

Zhoul, my problems with looking for my own roms are manifold. Hard to find the correct version that actually works. And the only way I've found to collect xmvx is in huge rapidshare rars, which I then have to sort through and it wastes bandwidth and (temporarily) hard drive space. And on top of all that, I'm just not a big enough arcade fan to even know the names of games I don't have that are cool. Soul Edge/Calibur, I guess.. Lucky & Wild was an awesome game, but it'd never work on a controller anyways.

Zhoul no offense but your comments are against the top votes you obviously dont really know that people want Showcase 2 ... I saw the figures for downloads and they kill the stuff you mention....its no offense but you are talking about doing stuff themselves when even rx list was terrible wrong in places and obviously cant setup some stuff in mame....no ones worked out CPS3 stuff for instance :D anyways no offense but please if you want something diff as clearly you do....start a thread start a team, as you know I dont want any part of it :) but best of luck

I know you guys are vocal and passionate but I see what happens generally when stuff is done your way...both in my personal life and also in alot of the figures so ill agree to disagree and keep going my way im happy with the results and it looks by numbers alot are....peace to all of you that want stuff to change and make it happen...with or without me...also you will have the awsome madmab things sometimes I guess best of luck with them im sure they will be all you want and much more

any more of stuff like this zhoul ill tend to skip over it sorry.... no problems setting up your threads I just need to progress with my direction some more :)

KI xxx core [ 20 ] [16.67%]

MK Core [ 29 ] [24.17%]

New Updated look [ 22 ] [18.33%]

New SHOWROOM with 2000 games [ 29 ] [24.17%] ************************* <------- for your info Zhoul

New Sorting Options for Console/Arcades [ 20 ] [16.67%]

You misread my post. Here's what I said:

"With MAME it's probably best just to hand pick your own collection rather than depend on someone else's. The CoinOPS set is a good starting point though, since a lot of the popular stuff is already included."

How in the world did you interpret that as an attack on CoinOPS? I was talking about MAME itself, and then complimented CoinOPS as a good starting point for someone like him who wants to put together his own custom set. Isn't he allowed to delete and add whatever roms he chooses on his own Xbox?