The Ressurection has begun....

well status x had it done to me.... :) just a hint rx

I also have some conversations :) and I know who was involved in my stuff...I tried to warn you guys but hey im doing fine anyways...im sure we will all live...actually I think they are just a joke to me anyways

wait till they report your torrents ... its also why my releases only do internal builds now ... and because they could care less we are all fine with that...if we wanted it that much another way it would have changed but it saves me so much bandwidth lol

and is why the public are missing showcase 2

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably one of the truest posts you've had BP, and just glad to have some solace with somebody who has been through it before.

Color me stupid for thinking that people were generally good. :)

I never once thought you did it though, even though others thought you may be behind it.

You're an ornery bastard when it comes to your work, but so am I :)

I know you'd never do that to us.

Later,

~Rx

EDIT: Read the post again and saw the slant against another site. I wasn't agreeing with that direction, but just the general feeling of being betrayed by people who supposedly are themselves part of the scene too.

My gripe is a specific incident and not a blanket statement.

Edited by ressurectionx

No one I know at Status-X would report your uploads. The whole point of Status-X is to have a place where we can freely give links to whatever we want. Reporting those links to get them taken down is stupid. Like I said, no one I know there would do that. I don't know everyone there.

No one I know at Status-X would report your uploads. The whole point of Status-X is to have a place where we can freely give links to whatever we want. Reporting those links to get them taken down is stupid.

Well said. :)

Status-X likes to preserve stuff like this, not delete it.

I know it wasn't status-x either :)

Just getting the word out that the links no longer work until I sit down and spend an hour taking all of the links down.

Meh.... we had a good run anyways. Got a great head start on a ton of content and got it into a lot of other people's hand in record time. :)

Well, this sucks.

I hope it won't hold you back on getting the rest out.

Somebody trashed all the MU links, so having them as part of the torrent is no longer an option. We had a good run while it lasted......

Haters out there everywhere.... lol

I'll eventually get around to removing them from all 24 torrents, and try not to think too hard about the hours I spent setting all of that up on those torrents, and the 2 months that people on my team were working together to get those up for everyone.

I hope that those of you who have tried the Xtras already love them and here's hoping some of you decide to continue to seed. Now that we don't have the MU links anymore, the revolutionary aspect of the torrent process is defunkt. :)

it's a good thing i grabbed those links before they were taken off.

Edited by tristanx

I'm always getting something out.... just playing the waiting game with my uberslow connection.

We're just going to have to rely a lot more on seeders, and getting stuff in the future won't be nearly as fast. I won't bother trying to get people to put all that stuff back up there as I've lost complete confidence in the company. They didn't investigate a single link, or they would have found that 95% of the stuff was perfectly okay to have there. They just wiped it all away because one person complained.

Note to self, don't ever use an online file hosting service for anything important.

Note to self, don't ever use an online file hosting service for anything important.

yeah... that file sharing host is the one we get coinops from isn't it?

fumanchu... you should use a different fileshare from now on too.

The problem is, there is probably no better options....

On face value, MU was the premier site to use. It had a 1GB per file with no limit per user. It also boasts that the links remain indefinetly.

Truth be told, since they just deleted everything, they probably did the team a favor by not investigating any links, given that the roms were up there as well. I knew I shouldn't have put them up there, but I got careless. Had the roms not been up there, I'd be fighting tooth and nail to get the links restored.

Lesson learned.

I highly recommend that EVERYONE stop using file hosting sites for content. Even the "most reliable" ones, are far to easily swayed to trust them with anything important.