The Ressurection has begun....

They're not legal to post on XBscene and only one emu is up there now I believe. The NES emu. I haven't gotten to the NES Xtras yet.

This stuff is mostly usable in the old XPORT emus, but you'll need Madmab's public betas to use them to their fullest.

He's still squashing some last minute bugs and adding a few new features before release. But it should be soon.

In the mean time, get the stuff on PC and Box and help seed. :D

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, i seed to. the only one i found is the nes that you´ve said. but is it also allowed to share this on other 2 big known private trackers because that other one is located in germany and that´s not realy good. im from there and its realy dangerous for hosting there.

Rumor has it that there may be some unpolished betas up on that site if you just can't wait for the finished project.

I haven't looked at them personally, but my guess is that they'd just have the newest XBE files and the fixed-width.ttf font for properly viewing the Game FAQs. I didn't add any links to them because they're very unofficial at this point.

You'd proabably just have to copy them over your current XBEs and reload the ini files in the emu and set it up from scratch for it all to work properly.

Shhhhhhhhh.... don't tell anyone I told you. :D

thank you very much ressurectionx. this is so amazing. i watched your project since you started the thread at xboxscene. it took very long time when you now think about it. i know when madmab, gilles & you always said that the public betas of the madmab editions will be available soon... months and months are gone.... but i was not sad. i was very curious. sorry for this text, but i'm really thankful that even in 2010 the XBOX emulation-scene is still alive.

long live the XBOX!

thanks to all involved.

Glad you've been following it man and I'm VERY glad to finally be getting this stuff out there after making promises for almost 2 years :)

I hit a few snags, but hopefully they're temporary..... The Genesis torrent is already removed (which I wish I hadn't done because I can't get the good one uploaded at the moment) and the LYNX torrent will be replaced in the future. I was testing something out with GBA and didn't realize I still had "Skip Files" set to "*.png" so there were no Artwork folders in the t0rrent for these sets.

Adding the Artwork folder added over 400KB to the torrent file and nearly 6,000 files total to the torrent. Supposedly the site can handle torrent files up to 900KB or so, but I've tried for a few hours to get the new Genesis up and it won't work (at only 678KB). I'm trying to discuss this with mods to see what can be done about it. I also see in previous posts that the mods can UP the allowed size temporarily, so hopefully when we figure out why Genesis won't upload we can get a lift so the 1.35MB GBA torrent will load without any problems.

Suggestions I've been given so far is to split up the downloads and to zip up the files before uploading. These are both totally unacceptable to me, since this is designed to be a perfect download where there is no unzipping and renaming and people will continue to seed to help their ratio because it is a perfect backup of their own XBox configuration. Far less people will continue to seed if it means they have to have a zipped set and an unzipped set just so they can keep seeding.

Sorry about the delays. I was skeptical that I could make one torrent with everything, but I wasn't anticipating having problems uploading individual systems. I'm hoping we can get it worked out soon.

EDIT: On a positive note, most of my torrents that are up have 20 or more seeders at 100% in just over 1 day :)

That's especially impressive, considering that, before I deleted it, the Genesis torrent was about 8GB!

Edited by ressurectionx

Aaargh! I was seeding the Genesis torrent but now that it's removed my ratio has gone to hell. What do I do?

Same thing has happened to me. I hope I don't get banned!

Is there anyway for the torrent to be added back - with just some extra files? How can we fix this?

Aaargh! I was seeding the Genesis torrent but now that it's removed my ratio has gone to hell. What do I do?

Same thing has happened to me. I hope I don't get banned!

Is there anyway for the torrent to be added back - with just some extra files? How can we fix this?

Well a mod just told me that the rules are rules so our ratio won't be changed - we may still be able to seed the new torrent if/when it shows up. I'm seeding the other Xtras but no one is downloading them. This sucks. I'm not blaming you ResX - but the UG site rules need some changing.

Edited by mtx