Please HELP - Recover 1.6 crystal Xbox

ace9094

Hi,

I have a 1.6 Xbox, the original xbox HDD is faulty / blank.. I tried using xboxhdm_v1.9 to recover it but it fails it gives an error cannot find linx,

Anyway I used another xbox to which boots from DVD drive FIRST, installed evo x, that give error 05 i looked into it and tred to lock \ unlock the drive, that failed it still gives error 5 & 6.

I can put ANY HDD in my other xbox that boots from DVD first and and its fine, I try in the crystal 1.6 and nothing.

Can any one advise of a fix, I tried loads of things

Edited by ace9094

if it were any other than 1.6 i would say solder the mobo and preform a tsop flash with a evox disc.

but that not being the case. do you have the eeprom from the original hard drive? you should be able to make a new hard drive with that using xboxhdm.

im not very familiar with eeprom makers but you might have some luck with those.

if the hard drive isnt tottally toast you might beable to get the eeprom using explorer 360 (i think thats the name of the program).

if all else fails get a chip. hard mod it.

Hi,

I have a 1.6 Xbox, the original xbox HDD is faulty / blank.. I tried using xboxhdm_v1.9 to recover it but it fails it gives an error cannot find linx,

Anyway I used another xbox to which boots from DVD drive FIRST, installed evo x, that give error 05 i looked into it and tred to lock \ unlock the drive, that failed it still gives error 5 & 6.

I can put ANY HDD in my other xbox that boots from DVD first and and its fine, I try in the crystal 1.6 and nothing.

Can any one advise of a fix, I tried loads of things

hi, you need to follow this tutorial in order to recover your hard drive:

http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/xbox-tutorials-161.html

I have used this method with bricked hdds many times it works every time, some of the formatting for the "s are messed up on this page, you need to type "xboxhd" without the commas to run the tool properly (this is in the tutorial it will make sense once you read through it...)

here is a link for a replacement ms dashboard if you need it (see the tutorial for more info)

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5051157/Or...isLiKeCrAZy1%29

You will need to do a "hotswap" to make this work, if you've never done this before read through this:

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=496263

pay special attention to "the art of hotswapping" to get the basics. I would power the xbox hdd from the pc power supply (not the xbox one) right from the outset to provide a common ground, oh and be careful not to touch the PSU inside the xbox even when unplugged to avoid a nasty shock. I always replace the plastic tray once I unscrew the hdd just to avoid accidents (I learnt that the hard way.) also wear rubber shoes. Better safe than sorry eh :)

Also don;t do this if you are drunk or stoned or both, it will take twice as long and possibly not work :)

Ps you will also need a torx screwdriver set if you don't already have one.

Let us know how you get on or if you have any other questions. I've done this lots and lots!

Good Luck!

Edited by sbpaabck

Thanks everyone for the help,

I tried http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=496263 but when i get to VGA console and type "XBOXHD" I get an error, cannot find linuxcd, yet it just booted from there.

(see below)

11. you will get a menu,now choose Option 1 (by typing 1) and press enter to boot VGA console with xbox-drive utilities (default). Type ‘xboxhd’ when it asks you for a login. Another list of options will show up, choose option 1 again (the one that says ‘Build a new Xbox HD from scratch’) and it will begin to format and write the partition table etc. when it asks you about C type yes and when it asks you if you would like an F select yes .

Thanks everyone for the help,

I tried http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=496263 but when i get to VGA console and type "XBOXHD" I get an error, cannot find linuxcd, yet it just booted from there.

(see below)

11. you will get a menu,now choose Option 1 (by typing 1) and press enter to boot VGA console with xbox-drive utilities (default). Type ‘xboxhd’ when it asks you for a login. Another list of options will show up, choose option 1 again (the one that says ‘Build a new Xbox HD from scratch’) and it will begin to format and write the partition table etc. when it asks you about C type yes and when it asks you if you would like an F select yes .

just type xboxhd lowercase no symbols no speech marks no nothin, just:xboxhd

it does work i've done it myself many time using the same links I gave you...

EDIT:

OH YEH! JUST REMEMBERED you need to use the disc in an internal dvd drive to work! if you try to use it via a usb dvd drive it simply won't work. The program will load off the usb dvd drive + disc but once its running it will not recognise that the disc is in the drive if connected via USB. This absolutely must be done via an internal drive or sorry it won't work...

Edited by sbpaabck

Hi sbpaabck

Sorry for the late reply

Still no joy, however I also found thisa simular guide, http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/533828

It mention primary and secondry IDE, I only have one IDE on my mc used by the dvd rom, I am running them both on the sdame cable... I have tried again and again but closest i get is error "cannot find linux cd or Please insert linx cd"

I have downlopaded a recovery kit with the DVD ready built and still the same error, I made my own, then downloaded another xbox reviever with the same methord and PDF guide so I am guessing its the fact I only got 1 IDE on my PC.... :D GUTTED

Open to suggestions if you have any. Thanks for your assistance so far too

Hi sbpaabck

Sorry for the late reply

Still no joy, however I also found thisa simular guide, http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/533828

It mention primary and secondry IDE, I only have one IDE on my mc used by the dvd rom, I am running them both on the sdame cable... I have tried again and again but closest i get is error "cannot find linux cd or Please insert linx cd"

I have downlopaded a recovery kit with the DVD ready built and still the same error, I made my own, then downloaded another xbox reviever with the same methord and PDF guide so I am guessing its the fact I only got 1 IDE on my PC.... :) GUTTED

Open to suggestions if you have any. Thanks for your assistance so far too

More instructions sent to your PM box, good luck :)

I HAVE AN EPPROM BACK FOR MY XBOX 1.6.... Here is the txt file for it, I still can fix the bugger.. lol

******* CONFIGMAGIC INFORMATION FILE *******

XBOX VERSION = V1.6

KERNEL VERSION: 1.0.5838.1

XBOX RAM = 64 MBYTES

XBOX SERIAL NUMBER = 522431443405

XBOX MAC ADDRESS = 00-0D-3A-95-59-AC

XBOX ONLINE KEY = 61B46A578BEF01077168F1F4D997BFE9

XBOX VIDEO MODE = PAL

XBOX XBE REGION = 04

XBOX HDD KEY = 505FB28D400BA410677F8DCEC38746C0

XBOX CONFOUNDER = 9D3EF90192DDAE92

XBOX HDD MODEL = ST310014A

XBOX HDD SERIAL = 5JRGG0H3

XBOX HDD PASSWORD = FD62AB0102F8CCC29BAD458395044B551A1059B6

XBOX DVD MODEL = SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SDG-605F

I have all folders C,D,E,G,F,X,Y,Z

F,G,X,Y,Z are all Empty

I tried connecting the drive to my working xbox and using FTP to copy all the files across... needless to say that failed....

sbpaabck mate, I have emailed the guy on gumtree