Xbox to xbox ftp help

Xboxem

Hi, is it possible to transfer files directly with a crossover ethernet cable between two consoles, or do I need a hub/switch/router?

When I connect the cable to the consoles the green led of the network adapters are not working as if the connection its not being recognized.

Any comments are welcome 8)

Thanks.

Did you try a different cable? If the cable is connected properly, and is not damaged, you will get indication from that LED even if it's the incorrect cable type, that the link is established...you just won't have any network activity possible where the wrong cable is used.

Thanks a lot guys, I tried with another cable and now its working, the strange thing is that the cable that is not working is the one I was using to trasfers files between my laptop and the xbox by ftp 8)

Have I nice day

2late but try this next one, start on both boxes xbmc, setup network correctly on both boxes that match to the other gateway box1/2, connect via crossover cabel and select in setup find other consoles in network. a few seconds later u will get a popup that console xyz (with your selected name in settings) was found and you can copy in the filexplorer whatever u want. it´s important that you plugin the video cable in the second box or she will not boot.

XBMC is notoriously slow for FTP transfers. I find good old Evox the fastest. Likely because it's not using any memory for fancy skins and animations.

Im using avalaunch to transfer files between my old 500 gb hd to a new 1.5 tb, and just noticed that when I download the files from the new console the transfer constantly fails, but when uploading from the source console it goes nice. So maybe its better to push the files than to pull them to avoid errors. I hope it helps someone else.