and it continues to print money!

Weirdy

link

Nintendo has announced a new version of its DS handheld system that will support 3D games. The 3DS will play games with 3D effects "without the need for any special glasses", according to the Japanese company. It will launch during its coming fiscal year, meaning it could arrive any time between April 2010 and March 2011.

Nintendo describes the system as a successor to the DS series, but it will also play DS and DSi titles. The 3DS is a temporary name according to Nintendo's perfunctory press release, but more details on the machine will be revealed at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo. This year's show will return to the Los Angeles Convention Center from June 15-17.

discuss

I hate all this 3D stuff coming out now. I can't see in 3D coz of the way my eyes are. I just see the fuzzy yellow/blue outline around the image.

Virtual boy poonj3d!

What next? GDS? Inbuilt grappling hook?

Nintendo have abandoned their faithful - And who can blame them when they can churn out bullshit and make loads more cash.

The last proper Nintendo game in my opinion was metroid prime on the cube, maybe galaxy but I have yet to play that.

The golden days are well and truly gone.

i forgot to add nintendo has tried this portable 3d gaming thing before , how did that turn out again???

Well that was way early... not portable... and shot laser beams into your eyes. They couldnt use more than one color because it would be too much for your eyes and you could go blind. That is what they said...

I hate all this 3D stuff coming out now. I can't see in 3D coz of the way my eyes are. I just see the fuzzy yellow/blue outline around the image.

Hmmm I know a guy who sees it in black and white. I have no idea how. But I do know he is color blind

Well... I wanna se some cool stuff

I'm short sighted, but my optician says it's not coz of that, it's something to do with the axis of my eye. It doesn't matter if I wear my glasses with the 3D glasses on top or just the 3D glasses, nothing jumps out of the screen at me. I used to be able to see 3D, when I was about 5yrs old I saw the 3D Michael Jackson film at Disney Land Paris, the 3D effects were really good in that, and that was nearly 20 years ago. My eyesight was perfect then of course.

Well that sucks man... Id hate to rub it in further, but 3D stuff has come a long way. Avatar was badass in 3D. I wonder if there is a way to fix that? Well since you cant see 3D, perhaps you can shoot lasers out of your eyes!?

There are some good games for DS but it is still lacking. In fact, the entire gaming industry is lacking. I wonder how you can play on this 3D functionality? Hmmm