The State of the Forum

Payment stops site blows up.

Around payment time if the payments are missed anything can happen.

It all depends on if gamecop has the rights to the URL (address) for more than a year...

If he gets his back up of the forum... etc.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I assume it's Gamecop that pays to keep the forum up, what happens if that payment stops?

I'm not sure who 1Emulation is hosted through, but generally speaking webhosts are very quick to pull the plug if a payment authorization fails. I would assume GC is probably just tied up with real life right now but he obviously cares about 1Emulation or else he wouldn't be paying the bills.

*edit*

I was speaking about the webhosting, but regarding the domain it's pretty much the same thing except for one small difference. When a domain expires, most hosts do the sleazy practice of "holding" it for you past the expiration date. You can get it back, but they will charge more for it and the price will go up higher and higher as the days go on. Finally, if they are convinced you won't buy it back, many registrars will auction off the domain.

Unfortunately I'm speaking from experience. My site lost it's original domain many years ago and this is the process that Dotster followed after the domain was not renewed.

Edited by VT-Vincent

ive been here from the beginning and i have seen the ups and downs of this place. its just how things go emulation isnt popular anymore so we are just stuck with the loyal friendly guys who like to shoot the shit about other stuff

Member #4. :P

Vin: Thats how I lost my site, not one email, not even on their official support forum nothing not one piece of news.

I paid my money and no received it, at all.

I sat with my thumb up my ass going "wtf?" then a guy with a bit more know how explained to me that my server had just upped and offed under new management.

My site should still be living and breathing but it was not ment to be.

Sorry to hear that Emsley. Loosing a domain name really sucks, especially when it gets bought by a link farm. Luckily, the company that bought mine released it a while back so I was able to re-register it. Ironically though, it was released right after I changed the site's name to "VTemulation.net". Now the .com just redirects to it.

I visit daily, just to keep an eye on things.

But, no access to the admin panel, no FAS, no arcade, and nothing much going on, so I rarely post now.

In fact just yesterday I was giving consideration to abandoning you lot.

But I might hang about for a little longer.

no idea what a bubble wand is.. I tried moderating the Xbox section, upsetting some people, and a certain person complained loudly. So, I've stopped, and the same person (who has posted in this thread) now complains again. Cannot win. Why should I stay?

It could also be the time of the year. Alot of us have school/work and it gets tough to find some time to check the forums. Even I used to be on everyday but now I'm on maybe twice a week if that much.