Extra Fan Recommendations

Neo369

This one is just cut along the bottom line where the dvd drive tray would rest.

IMG_0050.jpg

.com/albums/ii229/cvick14tx/IMG_0900.jpg[/img]

wowww!! pretty!! :lol:

Edited by tristanx

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so the iceberq came with some ram heatsinks as well. they are a little big for the xbox ram chips, and i know that they are unnecessary, but could they be beneficial without getting in the way of anything else? again, i know they are not needed, but i kinda want to add them just because i can, as long as they wont hurt anything else. would they drop temps or even help performance a slight amount?

so the iceberq came with some ram heatsinks as well. they are a little big for the xbox ram chips, and i know that they are unnecessary, but could they be beneficial without getting in the way of anything else? again, i know they are not needed, but i kinda want to add them just because i can, as long as they wont hurt anything else. would they drop temps or even help performance a slight amount?

i always used them, i'm not too sure if they really do help with temps but once again they look cool.

I put it on the RAM chips and the other big chip by the LPC holes. I just figured using them couldnt

hurt and you dont want to let them go to waste now. :(

i always used them, i'm not too sure if they really do help with temps but once again they look cool.

I put it on the RAM chips and the other big chip by the LPC holes. I just figured using them couldnt

hurt and you dont want to let them go to waste now. :(

yes, i will definitely not let them go to waste. unfortunately they will not fit on the bottom ram chips, but the iceberq only came with 4 heatsinks anyway, which is perfect for the top chips in a 128mb box. i am also putting a heatsink on the mcpx chip you mentioned. heres a good heatsink and guide if it isnt obvious enough how to install it

http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/xbox_locks_up.htm

its not quite obvious from the picture you posted, but which way do i orient the iceberq on the mb? do i need to make new screw holes, or can i use the ones that are already there? i have an iceberq 4 pro, so the screws are 80mm apart. if i can use the holes already there, can you point them out in this picture (sorry for the ghetto numbers, i hacked it together in like 10 seconds).

xboxgpu.jpg

For the GPU use 1 & 3 holes. Dont over tighten though. Clean that puppy off before you put that

Iceberq on. What are you going to use for the CPU?

the gpu will definitely be cleaned first. i have the arctic silver cleaning stuff. it was a package deal with the arctic silver 5. but that is my pre-upgraded board. the new cpu is not on there yet, so i dont really know what will fit in terms of heatsinks. im not sure if i will be going for a passive one yet or not. my case fan is pretty powerful, so it may be enough to keep it all cool. ill see what trusty supplies for my cpu heatsink and try that out for starters. if its not enough for me or doesnt fit the slim case, i will improvise.

For the GPU use 1 & 3 holes. Dont over tighten though. Clean that puppy off before you put that

the gpu will definitely be cleaned first. i have the arctic silver cleaning stuff. it was a package deal with the arctic silver 5. but that is my pre-upgraded board. the new cpu is not on there yet, so i dont really know what will fit in terms of heatsinks. im not sure if i will be going for a passive one yet or not. my case fan is pretty powerful, so it may be enough to keep it all cool. ill see what trusty supplies for my cpu heatsink and try that out for starters. if its not enough for me or doesnt fit the slim case, i will improvise.

Right on, let me know how that goes. I"m still debating on if i'm going to spend the money and get one of trusty's new boards.

The only reason i can think to get one is just to have such a rare xbox item. I know that some 720p movies will play back but

that is the only benefit i see, other than making Linux run better.

Right on, let me know how that goes. I"m still debating on if i'm going to spend the money and get one of trusty's new boards.

The only reason i can think to get one is just to have such a rare xbox item. I know that some 720p movies will play back but

that is the only benefit i see, other than making Linux run better.

the videos and overall xbmc performance are one of my main reasons. the other would be emulation. n64 games can benefit from the extra memory, and mame will make use of the new cpu in order to play more games at full speed (mortal kombat with sound ftw). linux is also a plus. plus the bragging rights of having the baddest xbox on the block. lol.