All UK users - please do not buy from GAME.

emsley

http://www.game.co.uk

This company is bad for the following reasons:

1. It has massive muscles in the gaming division.

It can purchase any shop/unit/shopping centre spot it wants.

This puts smaller gaming businesses at risk - its bloated its way through the recession and has come out stronger than ever.

Recently GAME has just bought out a massive plot in leeds the city I live in - and let me tell you it's a huge floorspace.

2. If you take in a 'new' game (for instance heavy rain) you wont get much on trade in THEN they will place the game back on the shelf at FULL PRICE. (with a 'pre owned' sticker on it)

No bargains here can you even imagine the ignorance of the business tycoons monopolizing this strategy?

3. You can no longer directly call your local store - you are connected to a call centre charged at very high rates of pay.

A few months back I could ring game and enquire about their new releases and stock etc before i went out of my way to purchase whatever it was I was looking for you know the good old fashioned "is it in stock how much is it" line.

Now you are put through to a call centre and a robot first takes your call and asks:

Please state the product you are looking for;

So you speak like a twat and mutter a game with a bizzare title like bayonetta and NOTHING happens it says "Im sorry can you please repeat that , so you say it again then it eventually puts you threw to a REAL LIVING HUMAN BEING!!! (Nice little quid jerker there they really picked your pocket with that one)

On hanging my phone up I realised it had cost me 3 pound to ring a call centre and ask about a game.

This game cost me 43 in the end.

I emailed GAME about all these new changes and even challenged them on games recent to the market been placed back on the shelf full price - the reason they do this is simple , money if you see heavy rain for 27 quid pre owned or heavy rain brand new for 40 quid then i think most people would go for the second hand one.

It has been one week and I have had no reply.

Im tired of these assholes bullying people - making you buy stuff you don't want at every given opportunity and most of all im tired of our hobbie been shoved around like cattle on a meat truck.

And im tired of been asked if i want a "reward card" if you spend 40 quid you get a whole 400 points which = 1 pound.

Im tired of been asked if I Want a HD cable when i just bought a new game, im tired of these assholes employing REALLY OBNOXIOUS or REALLY NICE people to service me.

GAME has no sole - it has become a very powerful source in the UK (maybe in other guises else place too im just not sure on its history or what guises it goes under) and you know what? IT DOES NOT GIVE A SHIT.

All UK users next time you buy a game get in from any place but GAME - I implore you - as a guy that cares and gives a shit to stop these arrogant fucks plowing its way through our real hobbie.

Think of it like this - I buy eggs, I always buy free range ones, never battery eggs.

GAME is the battery coupe for GAMERS.

They target the "rich" market.

If I can just put ONE person off from buying their next brand new game from their store My mission is complete.

Ditch these pricks.

Emsley.

Never bought from them and never will. Over priced doesn't even begin to describe it. I'm surprised you buy from high street shops these days anyway. It's Amazon or Play.com for me nearly every time. On the odd occasion they don't have something in stock, I'll order from HMV online. I used to buy from Gameplay, back when it was small, in fact I was one of the first customers when the guy set it up in Leeds. Now Gameplay is pretty much as expensive as high street retailers. Don't go to Gamestation either, they're as bad as Game, they're practically the same company. Where there's a Game, there's a Gamestation across the road or down the street. Online is the only way for me now. Amazon have never let me down, Play haven't either, nor has anyone on eBay for buying second hand.

Never bought from them and never will. Over priced doesn't even begin to describe it. I'm surprised you buy from high street shops these days anyway. It's Amazon or Play.com for me nearly every time. On the odd occasion they don't have something in stock, I'll order from HMV online. I used to buy from Gameplay, back when it was small, in fact I was one of the first customers when the guy set it up in Leeds. Now Gameplay is pretty much as expensive as high street retailers. Don't go to Gamestation either, they're as bad as Game, they're practically the same company. Where there's a Game, there's a Gamestation across the road or down the street. Online is the only way for me now. Amazon have never let me down, Play haven't either, nor has anyone on eBay for buying second hand.

Bingo!

Game-station used to be a brilliant store you know what the cheeky fucks said to me when I got heavy rain? "Oh you PX a PS3 game that means you get 20% off!"

I was like "really?" Looking at my receipt I did not notice anything resembling what the assistant told me all I saw was a list of games I PX and the total sum of money I paid which all added up to "39.99."

These company's like a lot of other big names out there, lie, deceive, and milk every penny from your wallet, it does not matter if im a millionaire or as poor as a church mouse...

I like to use CEX fair trade ins and fair prices, (my only decent option when out shopping for stuff, they don't harass you) I would love to buy my stuff online but my switch card has long since expired.

I often hear about play.com been a great place to order from.

Game-station used to be a brilliant store you know what the cheeky fucks said to me when I got heavy rain? "Oh you PX a PS3 game that means you get 20% off!"

I was like "really?" Looking at my receipt I did not notice anything resembling what the assistant told me all I saw was a list of games I PX and the total sum of money I paid which all added up to "39.99."

That's the oldest trick in the book... those PS3 games probable cost 50 to begin with, and the price they put on them is after the discount.

Anyways, boycotting is for wimps. Just go in there and kick their asses. They can't be THAT though - after all, they're British! :)

After playing Yakuza 3 long enough I might just be able to do that.

RRP can kiss my ass.

Nobody thinks that shit is cool - I really need to get some kind of ordering system in the works here for games.

2. If you take in a 'new' game (for instance heavy rain) you wont get much on trade in THEN they will place the game back on the shelf at FULL PRICE. (with a 'pre owned' sticker on it)

No bargains here can you even imagine the ignorance of the business tycoons monopolizing this strategy?

Even better than that is when they do that & then on a nearby shelf have a new copy of the game for a lower price, I've seen that a good few times, always makes me chuckle a bit then walk out the store

They sound just like EB/Gamestop. The only thing I buy there, are their used Xbox systems (Hell ya can't go wrong for $30, if they're anything but 1.6's) and used games for $10 and under. My 360 library is over 30 games now, and I bet 20 of those games came from there ranging from $1.99 to $10.

Trading games in is for suckers...but complaining about it is worse. Sell them privately and spend the money where you want to.

Yeah One of my friends has his e-bay shop up and running he sells his stuff and wheels and deals - trouble is if you want the new game on the day then you're gonna have to cough up, look at the part exchange price at CEX in leeds for heavy rain:

£31.00

They are selling it for 45 though which is odd for them to be selling 5 bucks over the normal mark - at least tomorrow I can get metro 2033 if I can be bothered hauling ass - CEX are bad though for getting a game in on day of release so I may as well forget about it for now...