CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry need to get on...these decisions where made long ago and im happy if you dont use what you get....all this crying about stuff is up to you guys I didnt really read it or even give a shit to tell the truth...ive told you the locks they are working perfect for me....

so im happy with things and they will stay...I dont care what you use.....make your own build and be happy...

OK I added some more console games...ill have to do some looks at stuff in Nintendo 64 maybe in HD...and ive been looking at a few more sort modes....

to all the experts about how I should do stuff...make your own build and do it better :D im fine with it and live with my decisions......you live with what you want....

dont worry phil im moving ahead for sure.......a very successfull launch and it will be added to soon....cheers....probably one of the best ive seen actually in numbers

dont be so parinoid I wont format your hdd or it would have been done ages ago...eg bigies would now be wiped....im saying dont bite the hand that feeds you....and if you want to get into a contest about removing stuff ive said not to....I can make it serious if I wanted for users....and they know who they are....actually the locks are non problematic for most...and much lower than people expected so get over it unless you want them ramped up by crying about things

Nothing more about locks....its been covered to death you know what they are.....im moving forward....NO MORE WILL BE SAID ABOUT THE LOCKS FROM ME NOW!!!!ill review whats needed on the next builds

...eg bigies would now be wiped....

And your project would become the first ever Xbox virus and you'd be banned from this and every other forum in the scene. CoinOPS popularity will only carry you so far. There is line beyond which this scene will no longer tolerate you or your behaviour and that is most certainly it. Just a warning to you in case you're ever tempted.

Edited by + T +

What are these issues/rumors I've heard users talk about concerning the cores in CoinOps screwing with the actual emulators that use the same "core"? Like the Surreal one. If I use Surreal in CoinOps, will it mess with my actual Surreal emulator at all (saves, etc.)? Same question for all the cores/emulators. If it does cause issues, do you plan on fixing them so that your CoinOps can reside along side other emulators on the same hdd minus any interferance or complications between the two?

Since I guess you're -requiring- people to have console games present in order for the arcade games to work, will your upcoming XBMC-hybrid project include some movies and TV shows that you feel every user MUST have?

Are you also going to only allow pre-approved skins that match a specific checksum? Someone out there might be using a skin image that doesn't say CoinOps on it! (O_O)

And your project would become the first ever Xbox virus and you'd be banned from this and every other forum in the scene. CoinOPS popularity will only carry you so far. There is line beyond which this scene will no longer tolerate you or your behaviour and that is most certainly it. Just a warning to you in case you're ever tempted.

Cant you try to compile a CoinOPS Arcade only, and also updating cores (toaplan, FinalBurn, cave...)....im just asking , because you seems to be the only "emulator author" around here :D..and mayb updating FBL with the latest drivers released (especially PGM like Ketsui, DDP DOJ & BL)

BP, do you have any more recent sources than this one ? and what for the cores ? didnt you released your cores sources ?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=54ZW5JXX

Edited by Sparda

Having said I probably wont be posting again, here I am. Two reasons

1. Finally got everything installed and running great. Truly a fantastic effort. Thanks to all concerned.

2. Personal message to BP. I've ran a forum with 20,000+ members for coming up to 10 years. I know what its like when you are the main name associated with something. There will always be a very vocal small minority that claim to speak for the whole of the 'scene' Believe me its rubbish. the fact is if you've got a good product for the majority, which coinops most certainly is, then you and your services will be around for a very long time. Even if occasionally your guard slips a little due to the vocal few trying to whip nothing up into a world level crisis/end of the world scenario the truth is the majority will see it for what it truly is, people that get a kick or some sort of fulfillment by making something out of nothing.

This is not the ridiculous question of whether 'the scene will tolerate you' its really a question of 'how long you can tolerate the scene' I personally hope its a long while as you are doing a great job and contributing more more than the haters ever will. 'The scene' will appreciate your work for as long as you are prepared to offer it, regardless of the disillusioned vocal few that think they have a mandate to talk for the 'people' and demand how you should chose to donate your time and energy.

You don't sound like the type of guy that needs reassurance, but I thought I'd offer it all the same. Personally I think 'the scene' is getting less and less tolerant of those vocal few - but I'm intelligent enough to know I can't possibly say I represent the whole 'scene' anymore than they can.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Edited by firstCabber

I couldn't agree more, I don't see why they need to loudly express their feelings, they're welcome to move on, if they don't like Coinops, don't use it, go bother some other emulator/front ends creator or seeing you know how it's best done, make your own, oh that's right, you're incapable of doing so!

A word for the vocal : silence

Constructive criticism is fine, abusing someone verbally because you don't agree isn't.

make your own

thats why BP released CoinOPS sources few months ago...but no one tried to build a new branch...and since locks are present now.....i dont understand why peoples with some skills arent building an "Arcade Only" release...