CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

****NINTENDO 64 CoinOPS 2 patch...720P support...Keymapping Support....Save States Support*****

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9VJGTAEJ

OK this adds all the CoinOPS stuff to the Nintendo 64....HD SD autosupport...keymap and save states...plus it fixes some game issues

Please test

I test super mario 64,mario kart 64 and zelda Ocarena.

mario 64 good,mario kart 64 some slowdown and zelda OT graphic bug and some slowdown.

Sorry for my english,i'm french.

PAL roms is slowing and the graphic bug for all games N64

Arg ... so bad :D

I'm french too and only playing games in french ...

My childrens are so younger to play in english too ... :)

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a hdd chart for sata drives, ill dig out the link wheni get home

Thanks a lot ... i really want to try to make one ... if it works fine i will made an tutorial in english and in french for every one :D

It works, but there is some delay, especially when launching cores in CoinOPs. (Any XBE)

Hi

- You speak about SATA adaptator ... kool information, but are you sure this one is working fine ? http://www.dealextreme.com/p/sata-to-ide-h...pter-card-12537

- And if it is, can i use the SATA HDD i want like i want ? exemple : SAMSUNG 1.5To 5400Tm ???

Or i must use some HD of a compatibility list ?

Because now with N64 games, and the tons of PSX games ... and in the future the "Laser Disk" games ... 500Go IDE will be full lol

- Finaly : Have you a good tutorial to instal the HD ? Because i have a Linux CD to install xbox OS and format the HD ... but when i try it , it does not see my SATA drive ... it can only format and see IDE drives ... :D

Thanks

Going off topic, sorry.

I can't vouch for compatibility of the SATA bridge yet as mine hasn't arrived yet but I've read reports of it working. See the questions within the link, too.

If you have a modchip I don't think you need to lock the HDD so the compatibility list is not relevant. If you softmod, you want to lock the drive so get one on the list > here <.

To format your drive properly, get a recent installer:

Auto Installer Deluxe

HeXEn 0.99B11-22

HDD Upgrade on modchipped XBox using AID

Hard Drive Upgrade using a PC (XBox HDM)

Edited by snipa

Okay, I actually only registered to make some points that clearly need to be made.

Clearly.

To all those whining "why wouldn't you just download the whole package anyway?" (or variants thereof) - THERE ARE SEVERAL REASONS.

First of all, I ALREADY HAVE ALL THE GAMES I NEED, THANKS.

I ALREADY DOWNLOADED THE ARCADE ROMS - ALONG WITH ANY CONSOLE GAMES I WANT; QUITE HAPPY WITH THEM, AS IT HAPPENS.

Oh, am I shouting?

PERHAPS THAT'S BECAUSE IT NEEDS TO BE SHOUTED SO IT GETS THROUGH SOME RATHER THICK SKULLS, you think?

Now, maybe you all have ass-kicking internets speeds, and it takes you all of a couple of hours to download 20G, but for me, that would take MONTHS.

Um... for a bunch of ROMS that I (maybe) already have, and an emu that's all of 150MB.

Yeah, I know what you're thinking.

"Dude, you don't HAVE to torrent the whole thing! Just torrent the emu. Sheesh."

Yeah. Maybe I would do that.

Maybe.

IF THE CREATOR WASN'T REPEATEDLY REFERRING TO "LOCKS" THAT WOULD POSSIBLY EVEN WIPE MY HDD, THAT IS.

As in, yeah, I COULD download just the emu... but then, if I don't have the "full" package - and bear in mind that maybe my set of roms isn't quite the same (chances are it isn't) - then I'm risking lord-knows-what happening (according to the creator himself).

So... sheesh that, sheesher!

Secondly, maybe I don't have the space? On my HDD? Did you consider that one? No, you didn't. Or you did, and well, screw the likes of me, huh?

Funny how the guys who came in here asking, "what about us poor saps with just stock HDDs - what is it safe for us to remove?" did NOT GET A REPLY. Yeah, screw them, eh? Are they "good people", BP? Would you term them as "good"? You know? The people who just downloaded your stuff and enjoyed it and thought you rocked (operative word there: THOUGHT) and didn't even KNOW there was all this "misinformation" you refer to - are they the "good people" who you are doing all this for? Or are you using "good people" to simply refer to "my mates who all have kick-ass internets speeds and 500GB HDDs fitted already"? If so, any chance you could just be honest about all this, at the very least?

Finally, let me get this all straight. Maybe we could all, I dunno, use this post as a reference point, or something.

Look, lemme get it all down, anyway - even if it is just so I can make a very, very long point.

BP creates an emu.

Everyone loves it...

However, some idiots go hacking it - lord knows why, to be honest. Let a cock be a cock, I always say. (Usually at totally the wrong time and place, as it happens - but in this case, I suspect, the context is perfect.)

BP gets annoyed with the support questions relating to the hacked versions - fair enough.

BP decides to install some locks, the implication being that - and I'm waiting to be corrected on this, along with everything I said above - they will screw over those with a slow internets connection and/or a small HDD.

He even suggests - albeit in jest - that they could likely be set to format the HDD. FFS. (Even in jest, by the way, this is unbelievably dim.)

A "hacked" version appears, where someone appears to have gotten around the first "lock".

BP then admits that, in fact, the locks were a bit of a laugh anyway - he set them at "incredibly easy" to get around, and in fact, it was more of a social experiment against the "misinformers".

Yes?

In other words: you spread misinformation about YOUR OWN EMU - confusing your own userbase to the point where a lot of them can/will no longer use it (I know I won't be updating anytime soon - if ever again)... in order to get back at those who were spreading misinformation about it?

Tell me, are you familiar with the term IRONOTARD?

Tell you what, I'll answer that one for you myself: no. No, you're not. Why? Because I JUST MADE IT UP TO DESCRIBE YOU.

(Seriously, I just checked Google: it doesn't exist. I MADE IT UP. JUST NOW. IRONOTARD STARTED HERE, FOLKS.)

Okay, you know what? I'm willing to admit: maybe I got something wrong up there.

Maybe.

But I tell you, I've kept up with this thread - updated religiously until EPIC R9 (still think the Emu is awesome, by the way) - and that's the picture I got of what happened so far.

And if it is all true, BP, then not only are you being extremely retarnic (yep, just made that one up for you, too), but you've also brought yourself down to BELOW the level of the cocks you're trying to get back at.

Should I illustrate what I mean? Yes. Yes, I should.

In case you're wondering how best to reply to all this, here are some suggestions for you:

- Imply I am in some way a noob (incidentally, the 90s called: they want their insults back!)

- Suggest I am in some way linked to these "extras" guys, and therefore, everything I said was either misinformation or biased.

- Remember to pick and choose the one or two things in my wall of text that I might have made a mistake on, concentrate on replying at length to just them (while calling me a noob - don't forget that, because it's so cool calling people noobs), and ignore completely anything that was correct and makes you out to be a liar/tool.

- Point out that everything I've said is either covered in a readme, or you've told others a million times that blah blah blah blah, and I'm being unbelievable dense in not being able to figure all that out.

- ABOVE ALL ELSE: do NOT actually attempt to speak to me as an intellectual equal, or address my points at all on a sensible level -because I dared to point out even just one of your many failings.

TL;DR VERSION

Okay... perhaps all that up there will have come across as agressive and angry. Well... that's because it is. I tend to write aggressive, and right now - hell - I'm angry. But... here's the thing. I still dearly love COINOPS. And I still regard you as a troubled genius for continuing to improve it for random strangers on the internets. (I... don't really get why you do, if I'm honest: I know I wouldn't, for one thing.)

The problem is, nowadays, you're coming across as rather more trouble than genius. And because you installed these locks I can't even get to COINOPS 2 to see any of the genius anyway.

And hell, even if I never see any of these updates, I'm quite happy with EPIC R9: okay, I'd like to try out COINOPS 2... but I'll live if I never get the chance. I'll get by. I'd prefer you did remove the locks, of course; hell, I'd prefer you never even hinted at them, as now I'll never really remove the doubt in my mind about you, and what you said about formatting our drives. It's there now. Before all this, you could do no wrong as far as I was concerned. Now? I'll always be thinking: he once said he'd format my drive.

And no, it doesn't matter if "you'd never do that", or that it was a "joke". It's said now. You said it. you can't unsay it.

I won't forget.

But that's all beside my main point. The point of this post.

The point being: ffs, stop being such a cock.

Okay, so there are cocks out there who want to have a go at you about what you do. I get that. We all get that. We all have to deal with cocks too, you know? HEY, WELCOME TO LIFE ON PLANET EARTH.

But you know what? Here's the thing:

YOU'LL NEVER STOP OTHER PEOPLE BEING COCKS.

Know what else?

YOU CAN STOP YOURSELF BEING ONE.

And yes, I realise I dragged out the TL;DR version a bit, thanks.

****NINTENDO 64 CoinOPS 2 patch...720P support...Keymapping Support....Save States Support*****

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9VJGTAEJ

OK this adds all the CoinOPS stuff to the Nintendo 64....HD SD autosupport...keymap and save states...plus it fixes some game issues

Please test

TEST GAMES NTSC version

mario 64 good

mario kart 64 some slowdown

zelda OT graphic bug and slowdown and black screen when the princess is removed

zelda MM slowdown and black screen after start

wave race good

star fox 64 good

pilotwing 64 good

world cup 64 good

F-zero X good

Banjo kazooi same slowdown

paper mario black screen After meeting with the princess

Forsaken 64 good

Didi kong racing just before the race

rampage 2 black screen just before the fight

1080 snowbording bug sound

there has random black screen

Sorry for my english,i'm french.

PAL roms is slowing and the graphic bug for all games N64

Edited by strike

the adapters do work. But there are sometimes different kinds.

These came from deal extreme (order them in advance because deal extreme can take 2 months to deliver)

Photo0273.jpg

Photo0274.jpg

the one on the left was loaned to me whilst mine arrived. I had a lot of problems with this adapter. It only worked on my Xecuter3 chip with the flubber enabled in the bios

It wouldn't with the 1tb, 2x500gb and 160gb sata drives that i have on 1.0tsop 1.0 Duox and 1.6 softmodded box

the one on the right worked with both my 1tb and 500gb incidentally all seagate

compatibility chart

http://xboxdrives.x-pec.com/?p=list

Did you all just skim over that wonderful post (by RatherAnnoyed), shame on you!

What an insightful and well thought out post, I was beginning to think this place had all but been reduced to "we all love BP and will say and do anything to please him".

I recently recieved the same sata adapter, and tried it with two different hard drives. Neither worked on the Xbox, although they did on the PC. Hmm.. I have the one on the left too, no wonder I've been having trouble with it.

Edited by Bigby

Okay, I actually only registered to make some points that clearly need to be made.

Clearly.

To all those whining "why wouldn't you just download the whole package anyway?" (or variants thereof) - THERE ARE SEVERAL REASONS.

First of all, I ALREADY HAVE ALL THE GAMES I NEED, THANKS.

I ALREADY DOWNLOADED THE ARCADE ROMS - ALONG WITH ANY CONSOLE GAMES I WANT; QUITE HAPPY WITH THEM, AS IT HAPPENS.

Oh, am I shouting?

PERHAPS THAT'S BECAUSE IT NEEDS TO BE SHOUTED SO IT GETS THROUGH SOME RATHER THICK SKULLS, you think?

Now, maybe you all have ass-kicking internets speeds, and it takes you all of a couple of hours to download 20G, but for me, that would take MONTHS.

Um... for a bunch of ROMS that I (maybe) already have, and an emu that's all of 150MB.

Yeah, I know what you're thinking.

"Dude, you don't HAVE to torrent the whole thing! Just torrent the emu. Sheesh."

Yeah. Maybe I would do that.

Maybe.

IF THE CREATOR WASN'T REPEATEDLY REFERRING TO "LOCKS" THAT WOULD POSSIBLY EVEN WIPE MY HDD, THAT IS.

As in, yeah, I COULD download just the emu... but then, if I don't have the "full" package - and bear in mind that maybe my set of roms isn't quite the same (chances are it isn't) - then I'm risking lord-knows-what happening (according to the creator himself).

So... sheesh that, sheesher!

Secondly, maybe I don't have the space? On my HDD? Did you consider that one? No, you didn't. Or you did, and well, screw the likes of me, huh?

Funny how the guys who came in here asking, "what about us poor saps with just stock HDDs - what is it safe for us to remove?" did NOT GET A REPLY. Yeah, screw them, eh? Are they "good people", BP? Would you term them as "good"? You know? The people who just downloaded your stuff and enjoyed it and thought you rocked (operative word there: THOUGHT) and didn't even KNOW there was all this "misinformation" you refer to - are they the "good people" who you are doing all this for? Or are you using "good people" to simply refer to "my mates who all have kick-ass internets speeds and 500GB HDDs fitted already"? If so, any chance you could just be honest about all this, at the very least?

Finally, let me get this all straight. Maybe we could all, I dunno, use this post as a reference point, or something.

Look, lemme get it all down, anyway - even if it is just so I can make a very, very long point.

BP creates an emu.

Everyone loves it...

However, some idiots go hacking it - lord knows why, to be honest. Let a cock be a cock, I always say. (Usually at totally the wrong time and place, as it happens - but in this case, I suspect, the context is perfect.)

BP gets annoyed with the support questions relating to the hacked versions - fair enough.

BP decides to install some locks, the implication being that - and I'm waiting to be corrected on this, along with everything I said above - they will screw over those with a slow internets connection and/or a small HDD.

He even suggests - albeit in jest - that they could likely be set to format the HDD. FFS. (Even in jest, by the way, this is unbelievably dim.)

A "hacked" version appears, where someone appears to have gotten around the first "lock".

BP then admits that, in fact, the locks were a bit of a laugh anyway - he set them at "incredibly easy" to get around, and in fact, it was more of a social experiment against the "misinformers".

Yes?

In other words: you spread misinformation about YOUR OWN EMU - confusing your own userbase to the point where a lot of them can/will no longer use it (I know I won't be updating anytime soon - if ever again)... in order to get back at those who were spreading misinformation about it?

Tell me, are you familiar with the term IRONOTARD?

Tell you what, I'll answer that one for you myself: no. No, you're not. Why? Because I JUST MADE IT UP TO DESCRIBE YOU.

(Seriously, I just checked Google: it doesn't exist. I MADE IT UP. JUST NOW. IRONOTARD STARTED HERE, FOLKS.)

Okay, you know what? I'm willing to admit: maybe I got something wrong up there.

Maybe.

But I tell you, I've kept up with this thread - updated religiously until EPIC R9 (still think the Emu is awesome, by the way) - and that's the picture I got of what happened so far.

And if it is all true, BP, then not only are you being extremely retarnic (yep, just made that one up for you, too), but you've also brought yourself down to BELOW the level of the cocks you're trying to get back at.

Should I illustrate what I mean? Yes. Yes, I should.

In case you're wondering how best to reply to all this, here are some suggestions for you:

- Imply I am in some way a noob (incidentally, the 90s called: they want their insults back!)

- Suggest I am in some way linked to these "extras" guys, and therefore, everything I said was either misinformation or biased.

- Remember to pick and choose the one or two things in my wall of text that I might have made a mistake on, concentrate on replying at length to just them (while calling me a noob - don't forget that, because it's so cool calling people noobs), and ignore completely anything that was correct and makes you out to be a liar/tool.

- Point out that everything I've said is either covered in a readme, or you've told others a million times that blah blah blah blah, and I'm being unbelievable dense in not being able to figure all that out.

- ABOVE ALL ELSE: do NOT actually attempt to speak to me as an intellectual equal, or address my points at all on a sensible level -because I dared to point out even just one of your many failings.

TL;DR VERSION

Okay... perhaps all that up there will have come across as agressive and angry. Well... that's because it is. I tend to write aggressive, and right now - hell - I'm angry. But... here's the thing. I still dearly love COINOPS. And I still regard you as a troubled genius for continuing to improve it for random strangers on the internets. (I... don't really get why you do, if I'm honest: I know I wouldn't, for one thing.)

The problem is, nowadays, you're coming across as rather more trouble than genius. And because you installed these locks I can't even get to COINOPS 2 to see any of the genius anyway.

And hell, even if I never see any of these updates, I'm quite happy with EPIC R9: okay, I'd like to try out COINOPS 2... but I'll live if I never get the chance. I'll get by. I'd prefer you did remove the locks, of course; hell, I'd prefer you never even hinted at them, as now I'll never really remove the doubt in my mind about you, and what you said about formatting our drives. It's there now. Before all this, you could do no wrong as far as I was concerned. Now? I'll always be thinking: he once said he'd format my drive.

And no, it doesn't matter if "you'd never do that", or that it was a "joke". It's said now. You said it. you can't unsay it.

I won't forget.

But that's all beside my main point. The point of this post.

The point being: ffs, stop being such a cock.

Okay, so there are cocks out there who want to have a go at you about what you do. I get that. We all get that. We all have to deal with cocks too, you know? HEY, WELCOME TO LIFE ON PLANET EARTH.

But you know what? Here's the thing:

YOU'LL NEVER STOP OTHER PEOPLE BEING COCKS.

Know what else?

YOU CAN STOP YOURSELF BEING ONE.

And yes, I realise I dragged out the TL;DR version a bit, thanks.

Agreed. This needs to be read. Lots of valid points BP. Take it to heart and don't be offended. This guy clearly cares or he wouldn't have posted that.

PS. I lol'd @

Point out that everything I've said is either covered in a readme, or you've told others a million times that blah blah blah blah

So true BP :D and you know it. Personal experience lol

I read the post.

For me though the bottom line is, if BP or anyone takes the time to build something, collate it and make it available then its theirs to do with what they like. If they only want to make it available in a particular format , or distribute if via a certian methog, so be it. If I don't like it then I just go somewhere else.

For me there is no argument, it just the same as every other bit of software I buy. I get it and use it if it does what I want, if it doesn't do that for me and a bunch of other people, fair enough, I'll go and get something else. In that instance I might be disappointed but thats life. I don't get angry over it and I don't start hassling the guy that put it together.

I've only been on here for a couple of days, I've got what I wanted, I'm grateful and now if all goes well, you'll probably won't be hearing from me again - just saying that so I don't get accused of being 'friends' with anyone or 'sucking up' - I have no need of either.

Its just my view.

ironotard... Love it :)

Sorry but my english is so bad than i cant answer to such a post...all i can say is...,.

+1

:D

But BP is honest, he want CoinOPS to be a muli emulator (arcade oriented)..so it is....but when you're developping something...you do it for other peoples....not just few person/followers. BP is angry because he was Raped....but few years ago, with the nes FBL case, it seems BP was the rapist..,..

So why not sticking with R9 ? Except some minor graphical change, ui is the same..."only" drivers and core have been updated....and thats what we are missing in R9...