CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

The build is out there and im happy about the locks.....yes there will be down stream issues for those that remove console games...they wont be serious it just blocks the new update methods......but today it will be fine....if you want you can use CoinOPS 2 without any console...limit is about 1150...and hex editing the xbe...

it was just a behaviour experience and ive seen what I expected...no issues anywhere except direct at me from usuals...and there are 1000s of downloads and on the xtras site the usual people issues...no other issues...so this tells me I can quite easily allow the other locks to come into play later and it will just be the people I know having issues....if they release it and people grab it without the consoles it will just stop there upgrading only new stuff at present

and the locks as said are determined by how people handle them....and so far no real issues just virtual issues from the normal people...so they dont reliase that this is building a picture for me on what to do later and what not to do....what happens is determined by your guys behavour....im finished with tell you guys stuff.....if misdirection doesnt finish the locks get stronger....if it dies down they get weaker...normal people it wont effect....right now raped builds where the starting locks are 100 percent non functional now...everything thing else will function for now pathch wise ive seen....xtra site is kind of dead now but if I notice downloads like raped versions id lock them out as well if they behave the way they normally do...

so in essience as said it doesnt effect users at present....how they handle things has always been the difference of if they are removed or get stronger.....ive told you guys and drawn a line in the sand....it will be moved in 2.1....and 2.2 and 2.3 depending on what I see happening......at present they are 1150 odd games and dont alter xbe....and updates are locked for those that didnt listen...and im thinking at present its best the update lock isnt removed....till once again I dont have to support the changes...as the new patchs are mainly console related it wont matter to arcade users they are 1 or 2 versions behind and they complain about the updates anyways.....so they will get what they ask for....no updates for them....

lock 1 - 1200 plus games must be on CoinOPS 2 if not reboot on playing games (for raped version)

lock 2 - xbe is checked (for raped version)

lock 3 - 0 games in CoinOPS 2 means a reboot till there is games (for general issues with support)

lock 4 - updates are locked unless consoles are present (for xtras team)

I note them as saying there is to many updates....xtras team...so they have lock 4 which is no updates will work for them....once again doesnt effect normal users...there is your issues if you listen to others....and the locks....ive seen a valid issue with one...some had no games and want to change though the gui the path before playing...and hit lock 3 :) ill think about this one...it was solved with a work around for him but its a valid issues...but obviously gives me valid support issues without it...but ive thought about how to handle this...lock 4 is why I warned you that down the track it will cause you problems...now its out there....

right im onto 2.1 now and have been for weeks.....

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad that locks talk is over, I don't see why anyone complains about what BP does, he does it all for our benefit and at no cost. If he wants locks, locks it is... stop your complaining.

I don't even understand why anyone wouldn't want the console games, heaps of them are awesome. I was very pleased when console support was added.

Can't wait for 2.1!

Thanks BP

as per vote....dont worry nothing much for you guys its all console stuff now....not really but at least 50 percent is consoles

PS yes its running perfectly....enjoy it the way it is....your just limiting your future at present...but if you have the files keep them as you may want to update at some point and it wont be possible at present

I don't even understand why anyone wouldn't want the console games, heaps of them are awesome. I was very pleased when console support was added.

Because for example the gba emulation on CoinOPS seems to not run well...you cant edit settings for each games on PSX. And peoples, (most of them) dont want to waste 10go of games they already have with others emulators.

BP, why cant you create an "only arcade branch" and an "Arcade and consoles games branch" for CoinOPS....i think you can be able to compare them and tell wich one has more success...and for what peoples really want CoinOPS.

Besides, you're talking about "oldskool" and "noob"....dont you think the noob are especially asking for consoles games....but the oldskool community just want a great arcade emulator.,.....

PS: thanks for Cave games, they're running great :D

sources for older builds are out....and all other files are there for patching in from other emus....

make your own build guys...id recommend you go back about 18months build or about 18 builds ago as that didnt have Consoles in so CoinOPS Ignite sources