CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

its ok the locks are good...if they alter the xbe cirtain numbers......bigger pain in the arses will happen down the track for them....

Bigby you can release the build if you want no worries....I think its CoinOPS 1 with a new skin or a faked video but if not you should see some nice payloads at some point....there are 4 locks....the only one most people will have to worry about is limit of roms...that will reboot when you try and play....everything else you will have to alter code.....anyways this just drags the locks out, they would get relaxed if misinformation didnt spread....but instead it continues so locks continue and maybe get more obvious...the warnings and results....

Anywasy yes bigby is ignored from now on......he claim incoent but he acts like cba....oh I didnt know....its boring me now....

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played Driver to level 5 today in CoinOPS2 and it plays VERY VERY smooth, sound is also good.

Its ripped from my PAL original version using IMGBurn.

Dont have Video's as its too lenghty to do em :)

However if anyone wants the PSX games I have I will upload them somewhere :)

Don't squabble over minor details else peeps will get peeved and simply stop releasing.

Excellent point.

Bash, I use a modified X-Arcade. If you can, swap out the sticks with Mag Stick Plus - which can switch between 4 and 8-way controls on the fly. You do need to change the default 'switches' to be more sensitive in my opinion. More on that here: http://www.togeo.com/togeo/wordpress/?p=67

If you just ask the guy who sells them to replace the default ones, he will. Just point him to that article and he'll know what your talking about.

Snipa, I heard SATA-IDE converters with a Marvell chipset are best. Check out this article: http://tinyurl.com/64lmry9

Its PS2 related, but he talks about the Marvell chipsets.

Edited by PhilExile

ill make video packs if people assemble games for N64 and PSX.....thats easy for me to do and also I can add features.....

Well I have over 150 original PSX games (not all great just what i collected)

I can rip and test them, 3 or 4 a week (I have a family so time is limited) I can then upload them to the FTP or MU or a seedbox whatever you prefer (just at crappy 20-60kbs).

The PSX Compatability list states Driver only plays to level 1 then crashes when test is failed, but in coinops im at level 5...

QUOTE from Compatability list: Driver I: You Are The Wheelman - (IMG/CUE/CCD/SUB) - Works with Standard BIOS settings. Game froze up on me when I lost the first underground parking garage tests. (v18) -ressurectionx

Is CoinOPS2 v18 or v21?

Also the games Im ripping are PAL all ISO format, dunno if that makes a difference

Edited by ace9094

it sounds like you can just choose to hide them

No, you cant hide them, we asked BP to add an option to hide the console stuff...but he didnt want.

Consoles stuff appear at the bottom, with default settings, so no problem for me, but an "hide console" option is welcome :)

Apologies. Read through lots of the posts on this thread and this was the opinion I was left with. I for one won't bother seeking the 'unlocked' version, that's if it has been unlocked? BP has written for his reasons behind his decisions and we should all respect that and thank him for his ubercool work.

So many cool games, so little time, and the compatibility looks like it's going to get better :)

Snipa, I heard SATA-IDE converters with a Marvell chipset are best. Check out this article: http://tinyurl.com/64lmry9

Its PS2 related, but he talks about the Marvell chipsets.

Thanks for the link but in doing the absolute minimum reading I did, I went for a vertical bridge:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/sata-to-ide-h...pter-card-12537

Said to be pretty compatible despite it may need some DIY insulating. Now to find a faster, ATA 133 cable of suitable length so that if fits neatly...

Sad thing is I've only recently given up on my cab after selling my light gun for 50p at a car boot sale and giving my Lotus wheel and pedals away. The kid who bought the gun wanted it to cut the cable off and use it as a toy ;)

Seeing CoinOPS 2 running in that cab was a sight to behold.

Can anything be done about PSX_ResidentEvil2 so it see's both disks?

so it says PSX_ResidentEvil2Leon and PSX_ResidentEvil2claire

can I just edit the console name look up or is there more to it?

Edited by ace9094

Bash, I use a modified X-Arcade. If you can, swap out the sticks with Mag Stick Plus - which can switch between 4 and 8-way controls on the fly. You do need to change the default 'switches' to be more sensitive in my opinion. More on that here: http://www.togeo.com/togeo/wordpress/?p=67

If you just ask the guy who sells them to replace the default ones, he will. Just point him to that article and he'll know what your talking about.

Sorry Phil, thanks for the advise but I think I need a pad/convertor solution. Original Xbox and S pads are no good for beat em ups, the dpads are terrible. I think I'll have to use PS2 adapters instead :)

Anyone wanna get rid of some cheap?