CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to be a noob but I'm new to coinops with this release. Is there a simple install guide somewhere for us first timers?

I've got various emulators and roms already on my xbox but I really want to make a clean start on this one and make a dedicated 'coin-ops' box so any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Sorry to be a noob but I'm new to coinops with this release. Is there a simple install guide somewhere for us first timers?

I've got various emulators and roms already on my xbox but I really want to make a clean start on this one and make a dedicated 'coin-ops' box so any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Just FTP it into your F:\Games directory, it will automatically show up and you're right to go, you don't need to do anything else.

Cool thanks - simple as that - the entire content into that one folder.

I got a bit confused because when I started looking in the config files and ini files there where references to several different partitions, like this bit from mame.ini

### Windows path and directory options ###

rompath D:\RomsMIDWAY

samplepath D:\SAMPLES

inipath D:\;T:\;D:;T:.;ini

cfg_directory D:\cfgMIDWAY

nvram_directory D:\nvramMIDWAY

hiscore_directory T:\hi

history_file history.dat

mameinfo_file mameinfo.dat

#memcard_directory E:\Games\Emulators\Mame\memcard

#input_directory E:\Games\Emulators\Mame\inp

#state_directory E:\Games\Emulators\Mame\sta

#artwork_directory E:\Games\Emulators\Mame\artwork

#snapshot_directory E:\Games\Emulators\Mame\snap

Obviously lots of the directors are just not there? E:\Games\Emulators\Mame for example is just not in the download as far as I can see. Does it expect something already to have been installed before you install coinops?

Just watched Bigby's video. How can you say madmab's emus have too many settings when that's the longest list of pointless options I've ever seen in an emulator??? I'm not complaining since I've always said more options are better, but considering you criticize other projects for being too complex I just had to say, lol! :)

just put it on and click go and its all done...read the readme if you really want something look at the top lines called FAQ they are nearly always what people ask.....and then try to do it them selves the emu will do all of this for you.....nothing else needs doing..

ps bigby had the settings in expert mode by default thre is only 12 settings unless expert is enabled then it opens the doors to all the features people have asked for (PS to new people dont worry about +T+ hes a troll)

Welcome to new people....first off try the readme FAQ and if it doesnt help ask here...it should get answered

bigbies video says it plays with no consoles....how about you guys that wanted that ask him for it :).....it should be funny as the results for me.....hes doing it right now as he promised....ive lost.....so from now on if people ask to remove the locks ill say dont bother bigby has a video of it and can give it to you....problems solved for those complaining in the torrent comments (or are they actually newbes like I say :) )

It only affects the capcom widescreen games.

Request: CPS 4:3 Mode

I know that the native res. of the CPS games is widescreen, but I'd really like to see an option for this so that the CPS-1 and 2 games are displayed in 4:3 when in 720p mode. If there's already some combination of settings that can achieve this, please let me know.

the only thing i can suggest is going to the screen adjust in the main settings and adjust it to suit.

Is it possible to do this per game? I'd rather not change it globally each time.

i didnt notice that consoles arent appearing on bigby's video....so did you crack the locks bigby ? Please share what you found with us :) or maybe did you edit the video too ?

He had advance mode on. If you don't turn that on, you only see the first page and those are pretty basic. I really like Madmab's emus too, but they are too complex for my nephews to use. (They are 6 and 8 - so not the intended audience either)

BP did a very good job in making a simple, unified interface - especially considering this is MAME.

Just watched Bigby's video. How can you say madmab's emus have too many settings when that's the longest list of pointless options I've ever seen in an emulator??? I'm not complaining since I've always said more options are better, but considering you criticize other projects for being too complex I just had to say, lol! :)

If I was going to make a fake video, I wouldn't of made it almost 15 minutes in length. The raw capture was about 20 minutes even!

I'll remove that annotation (saying consoles removed) if that is what is bothering you. :)

Edited by Bigby