CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

Well, I think I know what you're talking about regarding the sound. IQ explained that to me once and I'm sure I'll mangle the technical explanation but - basically, this isn't a bug as much as it is more accurately emulating how the audio was produced on the original board. This is why games like TROJAN and GHOST & GOBLINS sound slow and slighltly off tempo.

This is an FB thing, not a bug issue. I also believe its been updated to play the music better on the PC version.

Yes it's real ... FBL avec some bugs ... like the x360 version who have more bugs :(

It's so bad ... :( and a very bad sound on x360 too ...

On coinOPS i have never any bugs when i playing games ... for sure :P

It is why i use it ... more simple and stable !

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man bigby you need help A aspect correct is not what your saying....every mame game is different...eg your horizontal games are nt aspect correct....as well as your vert games...games dont need parent...plus alot of the snaps you published have bugs in them....like they crash later or crash in 720p but work in 480 :P

yes I have tested final burn legends so im aware like the guys who have truly played this of the issues....im sorry people doubt these instead of fixing them and say im the bad guy for saying this....its a great release but needed some tlc....if they play a few games like the cps2 and neo geo they are is good.....as tlc went into those but the other stuff was just released

anyways ive fix 10 more final burn games yesterday and ill add another 3 or 4 new final burn games today hopefully that have never been emualted on the xbox....

also cos the fix for vertical game rotation what is it? I can look at this stuff for you....and I need to talk in person about scanlines as there is some issues with it not being correct and I need it to work in 720 and 480i and 480p...widescreen wont matter and id say it wont slow down or take any xtra ram as ill just change opsity every x line....dont know why madmab says it takes to much cpu....it doesnt take any really...well one more instruction every 100,000 instructions

hmmmm it seems like people are compalain no CoinOPS 2 yet phil...maybe the complainers are wrong and they want releases??? and then upgrades...as it keeps going forward and at present we are stalling them??? its a hard world to please everyone but if we release today its out of date next week??? its so hard

....every mame game is different...eg your horizontal games are nt aspect correct....as well as your vert games...

Arcades are the worst! Also, sometimes, pixels aren't square - so sometimes, even though the games look pixel perfect on our TV, it may not be the right size if you compared it to the actual cab. Also, sometimes MAME is wrong in the resolution. That's very, very rare though.

Also, if you look at consoles - say SNES - the perfect pixel is 512x448, but TVs used to take that signal and stretch it to 640x480. You can simulate this on an HDTV by using 480p mode, make the screen 512x448 setting 10x11 pixels to ON, and finally set your TV to 16:9. Of course, this doesn't stretch the height, but whatever, you have to let this stuff go at some point. :P

yes I have tested final burn legends so im aware like the guys who have truly played this of the issues....im sorry people doubt these instead of fixing them and say im the bad guy for saying this....its a great release but needed some tlc....

Good point. FBL is a great emulator that needed some more work. I think NES was just done with the scene at that point.

anyways ive fix 10 more final burn games yesterday and ill add another 3 or 4 new final burn games today hopefully that have never been emualted on the xbox....

Woot!

....and I need to talk in person about scanlines as there is some issues with it not being correct and I need it to work in 720 and 480i and 480p...widescreen wont matter and id say it wont slow down or take any xtra ram as ill just change opsity every x line....

I've only seen emulated scanlines work properly at 480p mode - on the PC and XBOX. Personally, I think it should only be able to be activated in that mode and not bother with 720p. 480i is sorta pointless since TVs that run at that resolution have tiny, thin scanlines - but every TV is different.

All the guys over at SHMUPS run their emulators at 480p on their HDTVs. Also, Tobias recommends that - he is the Über Scanline Expert. :( Check out his site: http://scanlines.hazard-city.de/

dont know why madmab says it takes to much cpu....it doesnt take any really...well one more instruction every 100,000 instructions

I don't remember him saying that, but he may be right in that Blaargs scanlines take CPU power. Here is the link: http://slack.net/~ant/libs/ntsc.html

They may be different then, say, the scanline code used in the original NeoGeo CD emulator by Lantus. That one seemed pretty basic and didn't impact performance from what I could tell.

Cheers!

man bigby you need help A aspect correct is not what your saying....every mame game is different...eg your horizontal games are nt aspect correct....as well as your vert games...games dont need parent...plus alot of the snaps you published have bugs in them....like they crash later or crash in 720p but work in 480 :P

In proportion then. I was talking about vertical game videos, either stretched to fill the 4:3 preview border or in proportion, which would leave black bars on the sides. Yes, I know all these games have all kinds of resolutions, but I did not make the videos, I got them from EmuMovies.

So your saying that clones will work without a parent present ? I tried a clone of Airwolf, which did not run. When I added the parent rom, it did.

The snaps/titles crash FBL ? I use 720P and have not come across this, but I'll look into it. Thanks for the feedback :(

Edited by Bigby

fix them like I did on CoinOPS :P...anyways its all pointless as its been done years ago on CoinOPS....

some of the games added from your snaps are games with issues...in 720p and in later levels having issues...have you been over the Final Burn issues when it was released?

So your saying that clones will work without a parent present ? I tried a clone of Airwolf, which did not run. When I added the parent rom, it did.

Clones will work, but you need to build them complete. Like, the parent files are in the clone ZIP.

Clones will work, but you need to build them complete. Like, the parent files are in the clone ZIP.

Why not just use the parent, if the clone is not needed, as I found with that Airwolf game. Phil, you even told me that only parent roms are in CoinOps. Ok, if I find any clones that differ from the parent, and add a new feature or something, I can do what you suggested Phil.

some of the games added from your snaps are games with issues...in 720p and in later levels having issues...have you been over the Final Burn issues when it was released?

No, I did not use FBL much when it was first released. I did read about the 720P issues, but this is still a work in progresss. I will be testing the games and take out or inform people of games with problems.

Edited by Bigby