CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R10 will be a full Build I would say 2300 games and videos.... 100s more arcades mainly....but no VanZan guy is just an xtras guy and might get his stuff banned or moved to his own thread....

on a note to Bigby you cant control the children on your site and they see as usual when CoinOPS is there it trends to number 1 on the site everytime the first day...but due to no controls...If you ever put this on the Site again....and it is not removed from R10 onwards the old locks will come back for non friends

I told you time and time again and its your site that has the issues now with the same people that caused issues here....left to your devices id say that your ste will fade away and die as it clearly doesnt offer help or really know what its talking about...

The XtrasGuru has spoken... the word is... "we can do whatever the hell we want!"

The views expressed at EmuXtras are the user's own and Bigby can not take responsibilty for the opinions or actions of others
Edited by Bigby

100's more arcade-arcade games or console-arcade games? Regardless, keep up the great work. Can't wait to try out R9 tonight and the new GUI. Also I posted earlier about running games in the CAVE core and someone said I had to "activate" that core manually (obviously). Can anyone please explain how to do that exactly without speaking to me like I'm mentally handicapped and without assuming I should know everything??? Thanks in advance.

read the readme please....it explains how to use romstatus.xml and that can tell a game that it runs in what core...if it is in that file and depending on the number it is tagged with it will launch in that core...the only exception is CPS2 and that can be disabled from running in the cps2 core and run in mame core if you disable that feaure...by default it uses romstatus.xml but CPS2/Neogeo can be switched off by a gui switch

PGM will be looked at after the next big release....not PGM Dragons Lair Space Ace CPS3 are being thought about so they can be patch in easily to the big release as I might fix these (dragons lair and space ace are in BETA but release is so large :( as its DVD)

PS to Bigby I dont care about your wants......I dont want to fix up your well intentioned issues like I just had to with R10 crap.....you run with newbes I cant help that....im fine with it as there are disapearing into no mans land and always do as they cant do anything.....you will effect others and RX has done this to others in the past.....end of story....it wont effect the users of the large releases that allready use this for Consoles etc but it will lock them from removing all Consoles :P

Rx did a package for ReIgnite R5 (I think). No one is saying that is what we are going to do.

It's just another site where you can get CoinOPS, if that is what users want.

Honestly, this is the internet, you can't control how things are shared...accept it!!!

Edited by Bigby

Read the Readme... read it multiple times actually. Saw the part that mentioned editing the xml file. Did that already as stated in my first post when I asked why I had to manually change that to get DoDonPachi to run (changed it from All Time Classic to CAVE CORE). I never edited this xml file previously to this either and dowloaded CoinOps from one of the sources that always has the latest. I'm just making sure that this wasn't an oversite/bug and trying to help out. BP, you said that everything is set up already for the end user so that they do not have to do anything (as it should be or minimal setup). I guess I was just curious as to why this default, untouched setting made DoDonPachi not work. Do you package it like that or did the uploader on epforums change this to not work and then upload it ? Both seem unlikely. Also, I stated in my first post that I edited the xml file to get it to work and fuman said that I had to "obviously" " turn on the core in the options to play the game". Where is this in the options as mentioned by fuman?

obviously it need the vm.txt setup as mentioned before....or vmhidef.txt ..... I think virtual memory is also mentioned in the readme....

esprade I set up but any of the clones I didnt so if you want it in mame core you need to setup the virtual memory....

To Bigby its the EMU site that you locked that isnt locked as others posted misinformation...you cant control it so there for the locks apply from right now unless its sorted.....final word...ive warned you many times and every time im right you cant control it....sort your site or remove it....or everyone will work with what I supply or greater and not less (eg locks will apply like rx hade in the day way before his release....years before)

To Bigby its the EMU site that you locked that isnt locked as others posted misinformation...you cant control it so there for the locks apply from right now unless its sorted.....final word...ive warned you many times and every time im right you cant control it....sort your site or remove it....or everyone will work with what I supply or greater and not less (eg locks will apply like rx hade in the day way before his release....years before)

Well it is locked, but waal has moderator permissions, so I can't help that :(

Do what you want, the thread is staying :P

XtrasGuru has spoken.. the word is... "If you wanna punish your adoring fans, that is up to you. We will leave it up to you to Xplain to them why"

Edited by Bigby

Manually editing an ini or xml file is not the same as "turning it on in the options"... obviously. And speaking of obviously, I could obviously be a sarcastic ass hat just like others and obviously use the word obviously after everything I say, obviously. I recall a brief mention of the virtual memory in the readme file but I'm almost positive that it does not say what vm settings to use and what each setting does. I also thought that leaving it as "Auto" is what was intended. Remember how everything was setup for the user so they don't have to do what you are telling me I have to do?

Side note: I'm not trying to sound like an ungrateful prick but there seems to be some HUGE heads floating around here. Great way to strengthen the community...

grab the full pack...it works perfect...if not you need to follow the documentation....

CoinOPS is locked down now untill CoinOPS is

A removed from Xtras site

B there site is in control of misinformation....

no exceptions except for friends...... dont worry if you like my full packages or play consoles on the emu you wont notice any restrictions :P if you remove console games in numbers or alter the packages you notice large restrictions