CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night when I tried playing DoDonPachi in CoinOps I recieved the error message that I was out of memory. I haven't messed with any internal settings since installing Epic R8 (with full R6 rom set) either and I know that all games (especially that one) are tested and confirmed working. Anyways, I took a stab in the dark and edited the xml file to have that game use the cave core instead of the "All Time Classics" (maybe someone could explain what that is) and the game ran perfect then as far as I could tell. Any clue as to why this game didn't work with the default settings/files?

Last night when I tried playing DoDonPachi in CoinOps I recieved the error message that I was out of memory. I haven't messed with any internal settings since installing Epic R8 (with full R6 rom set) either and I know that all games (especially that one) are tested and confirmed working. Anyways, I took a stab in the dark and edited the xml file to have that game use the cave core instead of the "All Time Classics" (maybe someone could explain what that is) and the game ran perfect then as far as I could tell. Any clue as to why this game didn't work with the default settings/files?

the cave games now use the final burn legends cave core so obviously you have to turn on the core in the options to play the game.

Obviously I must have missed that :P seems odd that one must manually turn on an option to make something work from the start. Why wouldn't this be defaulted/enabled from the start if it is known that the game(s) will only work with this core enabled? Seems counter intuitive and not user friendly. But enough with my negative nancy attitude (and maybe yours too :( ). CoinOps is great! Love the updates and support from BP.

you can run DDP in both cores....the issues in the vm.txt file or the vhidef.txt file as they store the virtual memory file...you proably used a diff name to the one I have put in there....if you ran my pack you would have no issues.... if not you need to learn how to use mame...you can manually setup the vm in advanced settings...then turn it back to auto and add it to the vm.txt and hidef.txt file....its in the readme but why I recommend most people just get the packs as this is all done for them on every game they will ever want pretty much...mame needs alot of config work

Bigby I know your trying but your site is threatened by this I think....and your people give misinformation as if its fact and stick to it....then you read they havent updated for 18months :P my projects are nt like others I see....like ill add 720P to N64 this weekend in an hour or two.....then ill spend a few more hours intergrating it properly id say....its not hard it just getting the time as my to do list is massive with not much support....

If you want a thread there I have no issues...but it must be in control...I had to get a ban on your guys for there child like behavour and there thoughts they are saving the world when we all know that my project has support and people like it...and stats show it in every way......if its kind of in control like every other site its all good...but if not "I DONT WANT TO SUPPORT MISINFORMATION IT WASTES MY TIME FOR NO REASON......get madmab to add duel previews to it and call it another name, run with it.....unlike you guys the sources are there....(note the reason I keep saying this is it was your guys who keep telling people I dont release sources when I do and complain to mame team etc when its YOU GUY THAT DONT RELEASE THEM AND TWO SECS ON GOOGLE SHOWED I RELEASED THEM MANY TIMES."...........

So in summery if your thread is run well I have no issues ... if it is as ive seen then I do....you have seen why and it doesnt take a rocket scienist to see why I have the issues......

yes there has been I beleive in Console Rom path can be an SMB

PS Bigby I see your guys are not standing up to there side of why it was requested to be removed by me :P as usual they blam me and never see if its there actions....

post below if you want it sums things up

Bigby I know your trying but your site is threatened by this I think....and your people give misinformation as if its fact and stick to it....then you read they havent updated for 18months my projects are nt like others I see....like ill add 720P to N64 this weekend in an hour or two.....then ill spend a few more hours intergrating it properly id say....its not hard it just getting the time as my to do list is massive with not much support....

If you want a thread there I have no issues...but it must be in control...I had to get a ban on your guys for there child like behavour and there thoughts they are saving the world when we all know that my project has support and people like it...and stats show it in every way......if its kind of in control like every other site its all good...but if not "I DONT WANT TO SUPPORT MISINFORMATION IT WASTES MY TIME FOR NO REASON......get madmab to add duel previews to it and call it another name, run with it.....unlike you guys the sources are there....(note the reason I keep saying this is it was your guys who keep telling people I dont release sources when I do and complain to mame team etc when its YOU GUY THAT DONT RELEASE THEM AND TWO SECS ON GOOGLE SHOWED I RELEASED THEM MANY TIMES."...........

So in summery if your thread is run well I have no issues ... if it is as ive seen then I do....you have seen why and it doesnt take a rocket scienist to see why I have the issues......

and im sorry this is the way it is....its easy to work out why and although its a pain some people cut there noses off to spit there faces and the inocent suffer....

**** CoinOPS EPIC R9 (Standalone Release) ******** RELEASED

When monitor is on its side the screensave is rotated for TATE CAB users

When a vertical game is set to rotate and will play rotated the preview video is rotated

an "I" Overlay is visible when game information is availble (though start menu or left thumbstick click

Skin now can be more defined....

Skin has another lay of polish

Menu scrolling and previews has been refined for speed and smoothness

New feature to lock previews while scrolling or remove previews while scrolling

Lots of bugs fixed....(Note these are caused by new features being added that can break old features that never had the posibilities of these features...)

Some updates to Documentation

Some updates to driver names

alot of behind the scenes prep for the new big build (eg updated virtual memory....updated catagories....matched game infomation files to names)

coinopsepic.jpg

enjoy please let me know if you like the experince better or worse as it will look different and operate a bit different though the lists.....Id like to know what parts you like and what parts you dont like....I like it much better now....

probably other stuff as well im sure

Thanks BP for the time and effort you keep putting into coinops ,It just keeps getting better and better ,It looks so fucking good on my 46" I really don't bother with the ps3 or 360 anymore ,The game play on the old titles are far more entertaining .I think when the new full pack gets released (coinops 2) im gonna have to build a cab strickly for this . Also good to hear theres going to be your version of xbmc . Big up the BP