CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

You need to create the pointers for MK1 and MK2 and put them in the rom folder, leave the mk.zip and mk2.zip in the romsMIDWAY folder.

For the pointer create a folder called mk1 snf then zip it... just pop that into the roms folder.

Then scan your games :(

(at least i think that is how it is done)

Oops... It was right in the readme all along. (MI_1.zip, MI_2.zip)

On some other notes though, and correct me if this is the wrong thread for this...

Does anyone else have a problem with Gauntlet 1 & 2 looping at the title screen, making them unplayable?

And one last final question. The Final Burn core, does it use a different/newer MAME set, and can I use the newer rom-sets for those specific CPS1/2 games?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bigby....ask cba madmab its impossible to record straight onto the xbox you need complexed tools and massive skills.....ive seen many reports of you guys telling me its impossible..... and all I think is one of them codes and doesnt know the xdk at all...one of them is a complete newbe and doesnt know anything......even when you find info that it is possible like I said 6 months ago and 2 years before that to your team....just read the xdk and get your people to learn they miss so much stuff thats done for them....you always end up making me think you guys are a bunch of hacks that wont listen....thats says I wont listen....when all I see is how can I listen to people that clearly have little idea and tell me whats what....all I have left is to feel sorry for them....

I dont need help making videos I can do one ever minute or so no worries...the testing is way larger to make sure everything works seemless

all questions you talk about UsaidIt are fixed in CoinOPS EPIC full...you need the correct roms/dats U said it....you are using versions with issues ill report more later ( gaun22p1 and gauntr9 are working without looping)

Bigby....ask cba madmab its impossible.....ive seen many reports of you guys telling me its impossible.. and all I think it one of them codes and doesnt know the xdk at all...one of them is a complete newbe and doesnt know anything......even when you find info that it is possible like I said 6 months ago and 2 years before that to your team....just read the xdk and get your people to learn they miss so much stuff thats done for them....and stop making me think you guys are a bunch of hacks that wont listen....

Was this directed at the Final Burn question, or another poster?

Does CoinOPS use the same core as latest Final Burn Legends (for Xbox)? If so I'll just rebuild the CPS2 roms with it's generated dat.

all questions you talk about UsaidIt are fixed in CoinOPS EPIC full...you need the correct roms/dats U said it....you are using versions with issues ill report more later ( gaun22p1 and gauntr9 are working without looping)

Yeah, sorry about that. I found the working versions by either rebuilding as non-merged, or split, sets.

BP.. I'm asking you though. Why don't you share your knowledge so that others will benefit?

I understand the Xbox needs to boot into debug mode, so I'm looking into this. I already have VS studio 2003 and the Xbox XDK environment on my PC.

When I have the Xbox booting in debug mode, hopefully you can be more helpful :(

Edited by Bigby

FBA legends uses Final Burn Legends Dats or todays Dats for the cores I updated...it wasnt ment for you...it was ment for xtras....they have a team that dont even look at tools and coding them making them take years to do stuff that is pretty easy..they tell me its hard and im sure it is if you dont dev development tools...game info on 6000 games using cut and paste months if not years....6000 game info files using a tool about 1 minute...spend a day or 2 making a tool in which I cant help you as you have a policy of no sources and call me anti open sources lol and hate that I say bugs are easy....direct x bug with keyboard turning off soften lol im sorry it confuses me to why you operate this way....just set the debugger to stop when soften is changed and it will break and tell you line of code doing it

I use the xdk and patched in tools into the source....they are in the latest sources released...sorry they arnt part of mmx and as you are using madmab stuff and he doesnt release sources its up to you guys just record them in 640x480...you have wierd rules around putting title screens etc that I dont....so for me I click in action wait 15 secs and stop....then load next game do the same...and then 200 odd videos are ready in a few hours to be reencoded....

3 more days for voting then....ill be moving to release a new full build....

vote here it will effect the build....a few things though its clear people wont really use spectrum amiga or mmx etc so ive remed them out again to save some time loading and a slight speed increase in the gui....maybe ill do a c64 type of build where people just want a few games going and I patch in 50 or so of them....

vote here 3 more days

http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php...t=0&start=0

Thanks for explaining your method, seems an ideal way of making videos.

I'm working on making MSX videos, as you know. Some games, I can just load and record and move onto the next game. On others, like "Knightmare III - Shalom", there is a lot of dialog you have to get past until you reach any ingame action.

Any MSX interest here by the way ?

:(

0 votes for it and now....people asking what it is :(

its up to you the detail you do them at but I did all 500 plus SNES videos in a day as the emu movies ones handed to you guys a few years ago wherent good enough in HD...the HD arcade ones just need a tweak on some to get them into action...eg a crop of 5 seconds....

if you policy is to have titles make it a set length make it so and so filtering etc....obvously it will take alot of time to produce these....

I just patch the sources to make "left click thumb" start recording under the name of file launched and right click stops it....normally when ive done a 200 or so I look and have to redo 10 or so as they dont look right

0 votes for it and now....people asking what it is :(

Perhaps that's because it's MSX and not MMX as it states in your poll. You can't expect people to know what it is if you call it by the wrong name.

3 more days for voting then....ill be moving to release a new full build....

vote here it will effect the build....a few things though its clear people wont really use spectrum amiga or mmx etc so ive remed them out again to save some time loading and a slight speed increase in the gui....maybe ill do a c64 type of build where people just want a few games going and I patch in 50 or so of them....

vote here 3 more days

http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php...t=0&start=0

As for the c64 ,Id be happy with Dynamite dan and The great gianna sisters if you could include those pls BP