CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

sorry about wait but it took a day or two to make all the synopisis files for all games.... It was great to get a script to do this :(......

id hate for this stuff to take years and I would never do that....but 1000s of them are done...and im currently matching a set for a new build....the next full version....ill be discussing this soon....and how people want it etc....

right now im in final tidy ups and a few tweaks.... then all features will be coded I just need to know how people would like them to perform....and how it should be released.....

R7 will be discussed as well soon as it has alot of new stuff in it and alot of bug fixes....plus it will do most of your game info stuff I think

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK CoinOPS EPIC R7 Standalone is nearing completion

Massive amount of bug fixes.....

Alot of work going on for new full package

Game Information added for a 1000s of games

Fixed aspect ratio of Final burn core preview videos (vertical game where displayed like they where horizontal games)

Alot of setting changes

Added New extra overlay for hot or classic or Fav games (its a star)

Added New show time played or times played visually modes and toned down the ::::::: :: by default to just ... on any game played but theres lots of modes to play with

Turned off colorised game....moved it to visual settings and called it Color Hot or Classic game....now game with no sound is grey whatever mode its in

I did alot of this looking at people configs and how they altered the defaults....so alot of settings have more options now but are tonned down by default

OK this will be out tommorrow for you guys to get a play with....and feel then there will be questions about next EPIC package and also features people really want

This is easily the greatest xbox project on the planet... I have been following this over the last year or so and I am always suprised at how much more makes it into each release....

Synopsis for games is gonna be amazing....

Thanks BP, is there no end to your skills my friend?

I just tried out virtua fighter 1 on my trusty box, it runs great now :( , keep up the great work, i think a lot of stuff is still possible for CoinOPS!

VF1 worked fine just with minor stuttering in R5 but when i upgraded to R6, VF1 froze either at the Rom Check screen or 3+ secs into the intro, freezing at the Kage v. Sarah fight in the intro. Im running Xbox v1.1 with a Xecuter 2.2 Lite, UnleashX, and EvoX M8+ as my bios. I havent looked into any other game atm.

Personally, I have a Super Emotia GX and an Emotia Plus in storage in case that one ever bites the dust.

Do you have a video monitor to hook this up to?

I use a Sony PVM 2030 with RGB cable right now.

I was looking through the CoinOPS options and disabled "720p Hi Def Support". That may have made a difference in the output but I need to study it more. Does anyone know if that option will affect 320x240 games?

If you are outputing via SCART (RGB) to the PVM 2030, then you are only going to be able to do 480i. I'm guessing this is what you're doing now.

For 240p, what you would need to do is either get XBOX component cables and a component-to-VGA transcoder or build your own VGA cable and use a custom BIOS. I would recommend the first option since its easier.

You would then output the VGA signal to the Emotia and output RGBs - same as SCART, but with separate BNCs - to the PVM. You then set your emulators and dash to 480p mode and flip a switch on the front of the Emotia. This changes the signal from 480p to 240p.

320x240 games? This is pretty standard for TV - 640x480. Do you mean games like Street Fighter 2 that are widescreen 384x240? CoinOps has you covered there, just enable Widescreen Tweak in Advanced.

Also - using pixel perfect is essential for 240p or the screen looks blurry. You'll see what I mean. When you get it right, the pixels 'lock' and become very sharp.

Good luck

Personally, I have a Super Emotia GX and an Emotia Plus in storage in case that one ever bites the dust.

Do you have a video monitor to hook this up to?

I use a Sony PVM 2030 with RGB cable right now.

I was looking through the CoinOPS options and disabled "720p Hi Def Support". That may have made a difference in the output but I need to study it more. Does anyone know if that option will affect 320x240 games?

Edited by PhilExile

Yes, see my previous post(s) and refer to this website:

http://scanlines.hazard-city.de/

If BP sees the demand he MIGHT consider adding a scanline feature to CoinOps, but he doesn't like scanlines, so don't bet on it. My girlfriend and both of my 7 and 5 year old nephews hate them too - so I think this is for older, big game nerds only :)

If this happened, it would only make sense to be enabled in 480p mode. It wouldn't work properly in 480i mode and the scanlines look too small in any resoultion higher than 480p.

Hello,

Do you know if it's possible to have scanlines in SD ?

Thanks you :)