CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

Hi,

I have a similar setup with a PVM. You should try outputing VGA from the XBOX and use an Extron Emotia to convert the 480p signal to 240p. Check out this site, I really think you would enjoy it:

http://scanlines.hazard-city.de/

240p looks much better than 480i for these retro games.

There's another way that's a little bit easier than hooking up an Emotia, and that is the SLG3000 Scanline Generator available from http://www.arcadeforge.de

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

i tested R6 last night and i have a little pb with metal slug. When i want to play with final burn core enable, it doesn't work, i have a CRC Error. But it works when final burn core is disable,.

My rom works with all the old version of coinops. If someone can explain me.

Thank you.

(sorry for my bad english :thumbsup1: )

Hi,

i tested R6 last night and i have a little pb with metal slug. When i want to play with final burn core enable, it doesn't work, i have a CRC Error. But it works when final burn core is disable,.

Thank you.

(sorry for my bad english :thumbsup1: )

its because you need to have the final burn rom of metal slug,final burn uses a newer mame set than coinops for the neogeo games.

Not with a SD monitor like a PVM. He would need the Emotia to create a real 240P signal. The SLG3000 replicates scanlines by overlaying them overtop a 480p image.

Hi,

I have a similar setup with a PVM. You should try outputing VGA from the XBOX and use an Extron Emotia to convert the 480p signal to 240p. Check out this site, I really think you would enjoy it:

http://scanlines.hazard-city.de/

240p looks much better than 480i for these retro games.

There's another way that's a little bit easier than hooking up an Emotia, and that is the SLG3000 Scanline Generator available from http://www.arcadeforge.de

Hi,

Thank you.

(sorry for my bad english :banghead: )

its because you need to have the final burn rom of metal slug,final burn uses a newer mame set than coinops for the neogeo games.

Thank you, :devilboy: i didn't understand because i had the full set rom of coinops and i thought it will works with R6. :thumbsup1:

ah i saw that and assumed it was a way of adding it the list

yeah coin ops rules

The otherway is to open the save...e://tdata/coinopssave/mameox.ini and find the text BootXBMCusingXBMCshortcutxbe and make it true....this will then boot the short cut in the root of CoinOPS...called XBMCshortcut.xbe...so replace that xbe with a proper shortcut to XBMC then if that setting is enabled it will now have an option to Boot to XBMC in your start menu...and you wont need it in games :thumbsup1:....leave it in till you get it going to be safe...

theres more in CoinOPS than most people know

stevexxxxx ive got fixes in place for NeoGeo core ive never enabled anything for NeoGeo in final burn core...you must have added them to the romstatus.xml file :thumbsup1: anyways some NeoGeo bio stuff is fixed

also it would be no Rom set ive put out as it wont work...with neogeo in the romstatus.xml and needed some tweaks for stuff like aspect ratio correction to work properly

can someone help me abit, had the R6 relese working and now it hangs when i start CoinOPS, i hear the background music and when i klick on start (to get the menu) CoinOPS hangs??? i have deleted coinOPS e:\tdata and udata, uploaded to the xbox the CoinOPS R6 standalone again and the same.

R5 working.

anyone?

//cmekki

can someone help me abit, had the R6 relese working and now it hangs when i start CoinOPS, i hear the background music and when i klick on start (to get the menu) CoinOPS hangs??? i have deleted coinOPS e:\tdata and udata, uploaded to the xbox the CoinOPS R6 standalone again and the same.

R5 working.

anyone?

//cmekki

dont click start instead click the A button on your controller if it hangs.

@bp been trying out epic r6 and i found a couple of bugs.

strikers 1945 3 gives an out of memory message after about 1 min of play.

power instinct legends character sprites are all a mess,was fine in r4 IIRC.

Oh and next week i am going to have my hand on a jtag 360 so i can play all those great japanese shmups like raiden 4,raiden fighters aces and all the recent cave ports.

power instinct legends are they issued...I thought I just added that game and wasnt in R4 if you mean power instinct 2 then its fixed....ive fixed alot of bugs now...GUI bugs like some new games displayed in the gui like they are horizontal games but they are vertical games....lots more....and ive been adding 100s of new games....

next ive got vm and midway stuff to do....then ill release a new non standalone