CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

P.E.: the sound was not horrible, more choppy.

i try R6 tonight and get back with a report.

i dont know the status of the rom i have, i dont talk about the driver (this is included in R6 release).

so my question is what rom should i use with the pgm core driver (rom file from mame 0.141)????

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the PGM games first got included in MAME, the sound emulation was lacking mostly due to the game running in 60hz instead of 59.175hz (you can hear it very clearly on the boss theme as the distorted guitar sample doesn't loop seamlessly). I don't know what CoinOPS driver is included from, so I'm just speculating. I'm curious about the latest Toaplan inclusion, is it the added sound and graphical fixes for Batsugun etc?

ESPGALUDA runs fine and sound effects and music runs even when i hit fire :thumbsup1:

Ketsui runs fine and music is ok as long i dont hit fire, then music and sound effects gets choppy, if i then wait with fire its seems like the music and effects runs fine, if i then start fireing its get choopy again, video OK.

Batsugun seems to run OK but no music, effects OK

all the games is just started but i havent played a hole level (my damn xbox controll lives its own life).

i can test street fighter 3 2nd impact, but not today, sorry... is it something special i should look for?

Thanks so much for CoinOPS!! It's a great piece of software and amazing that so many games are now playable on one machine (and not having to use a PC).

I play a few 1v1 fighters and beat em ups but mostly I play vertical shooters. I have my xbox connected via RGB SCART cable to a Sony PVM 2030 monitor with a homemade SCART->db25 adaptor. It looks great!

To the person who asked about rotating the screen, the option is in Settings. Enable Advanced and then it's on page 2. It's called "Display Mount" I believe. It would be great if this setting could be changed in-game.

Hi,

I have a similar setup with a PVM. You should try outputing VGA from the XBOX and use an Extron Emotia to convert the 480p signal to 240p. Check out this site, I really think you would enjoy it:

http://scanlines.hazard-city.de/

240p looks much better than 480i for these retro games.

Good luck!

Thanks so much for CoinOPS!! It's a great piece of software and amazing that so many games are now playable on one machine (and not having to use a PC).

I play a few 1v1 fighters and beat em ups but mostly I play vertical shooters. I have my xbox connected via RGB SCART cable to a Sony PVM 2030 monitor with a homemade SCART->db25 adaptor. It looks great!

To the person who asked about rotating the screen, the option is in Settings. Enable Advanced and then it's on page 2. It's called "Display Mount" I believe. It would be great if this setting could be changed in-game.

Thanks for that link. I'll check it out later when I have some time to digest it :thumbsup1: Maybe I will get 240p going. But for now my display is good. I seems a little smoothed over but the colors are great and it's way better than composite or VGA.