CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is looking to rotate vertical games. There is a setting that says something to the effect of 'display orientation' which allows you to rotate it for tate in either direction.

I would take a pict, but it seems like a waste of time. I pestered BP to put this in last year. Believe me, its there. :thumbsup1:

now that i understand how to add games, apps etc Ive decided to build up a xbox purely for gaming, and since CoinOPS is so fantastic I wrote up this guide for those that want to have CoinOPS as dashboard w/xbmc listed so you don't have to put a rescue disc in the drive every time you want to do maintenance

I don't know if this works as well for softmod i guess it does.

This guide was written, trial and error with a TSOP FLashed Xbox

Works same as TeamXBMC's shortcut

Create a .XBE File that points to your CoinOPS default.xbe with xbe shortcut creator

Example f:\emulators\coinopsepic\default.xbe

my bios looks for evoxdash so i name this file evoxdash.xbe yours maybe different

create .cfg file that states the same and name it accordingly mine is evoxdash.cfg

Example F:/Emulators/CoinOPSEPIC/default.xbe

place these/overwrite them where your bios looks

to have XBMC Listed in coinops

create .XBE file that points to your XBMC

Example E:\apps\xmbc\default.xbe

name the .xbe file XBOX_XAPP_XBMC.xbe

and place it in the root folder of coinops

now create a .zip file(empty file) and name that XBOX_XAPP_XBMC.zip

place that in your roms folder

now coinops will load and you can boot xbmc from within coinops

Edited by rdtorrents

The otherway is to open the save...e://tdata/coinopssave/mameox.ini and find the text BootXBMCusingXBMCshortcutxbe and make it true....this will then boot the short cut in the root of CoinOPS...called XBMCshortcut.xbe...so replace that xbe with a proper shortcut to XBMC then if that setting is enabled it will now have an option to Boot to XBMC in your start menu...and you wont need it in games :thumbsup1:....leave it in till you get it going to be safe...

theres more in CoinOPS than most people know

Hi all

First i like to say what a great job you done on CoinOPS.

And my question is witch roms is the recommende to get ketsui and DDP DOJ work "perfect" with coinOPS epic R5?

I have a a 128MB xbox and tested the old R5 relese with my old roms and ketsui had no problem with movment/scroll but the sound was a bit choopy?

Best regards

cmekki

Hi all

First i like to say what a great job you done on CoinOPS.

And my question is witch roms is the recommende to get ketsui and DDP DOJ work "perfect" with coinOPS epic R5?

I have a a 128MB xbox and tested the old R5 relese with my old roms and ketsui had no problem with movment/scroll but the sound was a bit choopy?

Best regards

cmekki

you might want to try the newest release coinops epic r6,get it from snesorama in the xbox forum.

is it just the ram upgrade you have on your xbox?or did you get the cpu upgrade as well?

how is the playability with ketsui does it run good?

Hi Cmekki,

OK - great! BP will need you for testing since you have just the 128 upgrade.

I noticed some odd audio as well and I have an 1.4 ghz upgraded XBOX - so its unlikely that this is caused by the CPU being too taxed. I'm guessing this may be able to be fixed with a driver update. (This is just a guess though) :thumbsup1:

The sound wasn't horrible though right? Just a little choppy and tinny?

Talk soon

I have the R6 release, just havent had the time to test, will try later tonight.

the XBOX just have the RAM upgrade :banghead:

ketsui is runing OK but as i said the sound isnt good.

good to hear that ketsui plays ok without a cpu upgrade,hopefully vmm can be added to it so we can play it on a stock xbox.

edit/BTW can someone upload coinops epic r6 onto fileserve for me and pm me the link because i cant get ti to downlaod at all,it was the same wit epic r5.dont know what the problem is.