CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, this is possible. BP added this functionality last winter around this time.

Thanks. The advanced video options sounds awesome, would someone please be so kind and snap a photo of it or list the available options? Also, is 128MB RAM a must to run all games, or just recommended? I'm looking at picking up an XBox now, but the price difference is kinda steep. I'm mostly interested in running the PGM CAVE titles as well as other vertical shmups. Sorry if I went off topic. I'm :P

Yes, this is possible. BP added this functionality last winter around this time.

Thanks. The advanced video options sounds awesome, would someone please be so kind and snap a photo of it or list the available options? Also, is 128MB RAM a must to run all games, or just recommended? I'm looking at picking up an XBox now, but the price difference is kinda steep. I'm mostly interested in running the PGM CAVE titles as well as other vertical shmups. Sorry if I went off topic. I'm ;)

you like cave shmups,that what i like to hear. :P

there are vidoes on youtube of different biulds of coinops which should show you all the available options.the 128mb ram update seems to help run the pgm cave games but the only way i know that is because philexile tried them out.phil has a trusty xbox which is a 128mb ram upgrade AND a 1.4ghz cpu upgrade so we are not sure how games like dodonpachi dai ou jou runs on a normal 733mhz cpu xbox with thr 128mb ram upgrade.

but games like progear,dodonpachi,donpachi,battle bakraid,battle garrega,guwange,dangun feveron,esprade,strikers 1945 1,2 and3 and son work fine on a normal xbox with 720phd through the hd compnent cable.

you like cave shmups,that what i like to hear. :thumbsup1:

there are vidoes on youtube of different biulds of coinops which should show you all the available options.the 128mb ram update seems to help run the pgm cave games but the only way i know that is because philexile tried them out.phil has a trusty xbox which is a 128mb ram upgrade AND a 1.4ghz cpu upgrade so we are not sure how games like dodonpachi dai ou jou runs on a normal 733mhz cpu xbox with thr 128mb ram upgrade.

but games like progear,dodonpachi,donpachi,battle bakraid,battle garrega,guwange,dangun feveron,esprade,strikers 1945 1,2 and3 and son work fine on a normal xbox with 720phd through the hd compnent cable.

I plan on running my XBox in my low res EGRET II cabinet using RGB video, so I'll be running in the lowest possible resolution available to me. I don't know if the XBox is capable of 240p, but if it is then :banghead: I already own Progear CPS2 board and the Ibara, ESP Ra.De. and ESPGALUDA PCBs, but I'd like to be able to run Ketsui (my favorite CAVE release) as the port runs too fast. I have all the 360 ports that I'm running in my Japanese 360, see. IIRC, some MAME dev was a bit surprised that the PGM hardware need lesser hardware to run smoothly than the NEO GEO. Of course, sprite buffers etc can eat up memory pretty fast and CAVE kinda pump out bullets at you. :devilboy: I'd love to play some more Garegga as well.

I might be able to upgrade the memory (the soldering) but isn't it hard to find the parts today? I'll also try to find some video of the video settings. I'm still looking for an XBox locally as I'd rather not pay out the *** for shipping. :naughty: Thanks a lot information and sorry that I can't be of more help as I don't have the hardware to test stuff.

Edited by emphatic

Hey,

XBOX isn't able to output 240p - only 480i/p, 720p, and 1080i. However, if you use an Extron Emotia in conjunction with VGA output, you can convert a 480p signal to 240p. It works quite well. I do this for use with my PVMs. Check out this website for a better explanation:

http://scanlines.hazard-city.de/

Enjoy true low-res! :)

you like cave shmups,that what i like to hear. :thumbsup1:

I plan on running my XBox in my low res EGRET II cabinet using RGB video, so I'll be running in the lowest possible resolution available to me. I don't know if the XBox is capable of 240p, but if it is then :banghead: I already own Progear CPS2 board and the Ibara, ESP Ra.De. and ESPGALUDA PCBs, but I'd like to be able to run Ketsui (my favorite CAVE release) as the port runs too fast. I have all the 360 ports that I'm running in my Japanese 360, see. IIRC, some MAME dev was a bit surprised that the PGM hardware need lesser hardware to run smoothly than the NEO GEO. Of course, sprite buffers etc can eat up memory pretty fast and CAVE kinda pump out bullets at you. :devilboy: I'd love to play some more Garegga as well.

I might be able to upgrade the memory (the soldering) but isn't it hard to find the parts today? I'll also try to find some video of the video settings. I'm still looking for an XBox locally as I'd rather not pay out the *** for shipping. :naughty: Thanks a lot information and sorry that I can't be of more help as I don't have the hardware to test stuff.

Well, yes and no. If you want to do it the easy way, you can use a standard BIOs and XBOX component cable. You could then get any component to VGA transcoder, like the NeoYa and use that to have a VGA output.

The other option is to, as you said, use a custom (FrostyVGA) bios in conjunction with either a self-made VGA cord or a comercially available 'Frosty" cable. These used to be available through Divineo, but they've sold out.

dont you need a particular bios to run through vga?

XBOX isn't able to output 240p - only 480i/p, 720p, and 1080i. However, if you use an Extron Emotia in conjunction with VGA output, you can convert a 480p signal to 240p.

Thanks for the XBox video output info. I have an Ultracade Universal Video Converter already that I prefer to the Emotia (had one, sold it) as the UVC can output 24kHz as well as 240p 15kHz. The 480i is good enough for me though, I have an RGB Scart to JAMMA unit that gives amazing results for all my scart consoles. You can find lots of pictures and info on my site: http://www.emphatic.se :thumbsup1:

I've spent an hour trying to find video on YouTube showing the Advanced Video Settings for CoinOps displayed, but no luck so far.