CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you notice its faster and smoother entering the start menu robot3?

yeah the start menu booted quick with no problems going into the trivia file, then again I am running it on a trusty. This weekend (or late friday) will copy over the entire r6 from that box to my regular softmod one and run it.

when going through the mame history dat (renamed to text and opened in microsoft word) the formatting is there, but when doing a copy/paste over to regular notepad for the text file I lose the formatting. I then go to every line that goes beyond the right margin of what I want, hit enter to put it on the next line below that.

Were you referring to a sort of batch program to go through all those text files and tell them to make the right margin "such and such"

with a scrapper, if I am assuming it would just dismantle the dat file into however many text files (or separate the dat into individual text files by game/rom name) that would save a HUGE amount of time. In fact something like that might not even make it a project at all, being able to get it done in one night rather than several. I did look on google the other day to see if anyone converted the dat file into ini files or text, etc (even pdf) but no luck with that

Edited by robot3

**** CoinOPS EPIC R6 ****** Released

Q - Is Game Information supported?

A - YES Load files (text files) into gameinfo/Gamename.ini

Press START on the games selection page and select Game Information

NOTE - If there is no gameinfo/Romname.ini file the option Game Information wont display

Q - Is Game Moves supported?

A - YES Load files (text files) into moves/Gamename.ini

Press START on the games selection page and select Game Moves

NOTE - If there is no moves/Romname.ini file the option Game Moves wont display

I'm not understand ... we can see game information when we are in the coinops menu like moves ...

Because if it is, that's good ...

BUT when we are IN GAME ... can we see the MOVES too ?

Because it is when we playing a game that we want to them ... :P

Like for cheatcode ...

Is it already possible ... or do you will add it ?

Thanks a lot

Moves will never be added in game.... as I cant even aford 200k of memory unless people want alot of there game that used to work to give you error....the ones that sit right on the border now....and people wont want that im sure....

bar in mind I dont want the random vm faults as people put in files of a size I cant determine.....and crash games all over the place....so nope this wont be happening...is it easy yes it is....

Yes, this is possible. BP added this functionality last winter around this time.

Hi,

I have a question regarding vertical games. Is it possible to have them full screen (rotated) for a vertical screen? I don't yet have an XBox, but your amazing work has made me crave one really bad. :P

Cheers!

I have an idea on how to add this feature: Notepad and a pencil :P

Moves will never be added in game.... as I cant even aford 200k of memory unless people want alot of there game that used to work to give you error....the ones that sit right on the border now....and people wont want that im sure....

bar in mind I dont want the random vm faults as people put in files of a size I cant determine.....and crash games all over the place....so nope this wont be happening...is it easy yes it is....

Yes, this is possible. BP added this functionality last winter around this time.

Hi,

I have a question regarding vertical games. Is it possible to have them full screen (rotated) for a vertical screen? I don't yet have an XBox, but your amazing work has made me crave one really bad. :P

Cheers!

And in order to do this you've got to enable the advanced settings at the bottom of the first page of settings. Then turn the page using the right trigger button and it should be there on the second page. I haven't used the new releases yet so I hope its still there! I hounded BP for ages until it got put in (but I've been happy ever since).

Hello, I used EPIC R6.

It was great! But ahm..

I found a serious problem with R6.

It was Pixel perfect disappeared.

Ofcoures, I saw README and pixel perfect was replaced by an aspect ratio.

This is so pity..

You know, I can play game without any video filtering, when I use a pixel perfect.

But aspect ratio use video filtering like a bilinear filtering, I am sure.

How can I know that?

Because I have eyes of hawk. :P

Anyway I don't understand why do you give up pixel perfect.

I hope genuine pixel perfect come back with R7.

Thanks a lot.

go into advanced settings :P then you have alot more options there for all that stuff .... like say pixel perfect ;)

also in advanced video settings you can adjust that stuff manually....it will be set to automatic by default...so it knows if its pixel perfect and remove it or if its other and added it...but you can turn it off or on permantly...