CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------------- FILES THAT CAN BE ADJUSTED BY YOU -----------------------

CoinOPS\general\catver.xml - This sets the Catagories of your games (eg 1v1 Fighter or Shooter etc)

This requires you to Scan All Your Games

CoinOPS\general\romstatus.xml - This allows you to alter what games will be classics or hot, no sound etc

This requires you to Scan All Your Games

CoinOPS\vm.txt - This automatically adjust the virtual memory for those games in Low Def

CoinOPS\vmhidef.txt - This automatically adjust the virtual memory for those games in Hi Def

CoinOPS\general\cheat.dat - The cheats file this can be updated

CoinOPS\backgroundmusic\All files - All the background music in WMA format

CoinOPS\gameinfo\Gamename.ini - Allows you to select Game Information in the start menu

Q - Is Game Information supported?

A - YES Load files (text files) into gameinfo/Gamename.ini

Press START on the games selection page and select Game Information

NOTE - If there is no gameinfo/Romname.ini file the option Game Information wont display

OK its properly in and tested.....robot3 if you want to test it let me know

can anyone create a scrapper to match a list of zips that pulls out the info from histry.day and puts them into the samename.ini? that kind of thing maybe for consoles as well....im using the ones from final burn legends they work fine....

I will gladly test it out if you like. On the other thing, no offense taken. I like what you are doing with coinops and I do like how it is going in the direction of being one main emu for everything. My time is usually limited, but I can also do what I can with other games that do not have any ini info files created yet that do exist in coinops. I can also keep it strictly with the rom set that came with the epics 21 gig torrent

beta sent :) id love moves for big fighters....or some good info....maybe the extas team can do that stuff....lol just joking

ill code a scrapper if needed.....but maybe someone can do it for me....

give me feedback and ill put it in the soon to be anounced R6 if not it will stay out for a while till its been thought about more

Well guys, looks like this is still moving fast as ever !

Well done BP, and Hi Robot3

If I am understanding correct moves for big fighters, "I really hope that is move lists" that would be really cool....

I have been busy with family life and work and dont get in here as often as I would like... HOWEVER i just got an android with tapatalk forum app so ill be back a bit more often !

Keep up the great work BP !

Which final burn core do you use so I can build a romset for them. Mame = 0.84 yeah? is there an fb core dat file?

mame uses mostly 0.84 and final brn is based off final burn legends,if you have fbl just point one of the rompaths in coinops to your final burn legends romset.

@bp you were asking about moveslists,IIRC fbaxxx pro had a moveslist for all the cps2 fighters like the vs series,streetfighter alphas and so on.

Which final burn core do you use so I can build a romset for them. Mame = 0.84 yeah? is there an fb core dat file?

mame uses mostly 0.84 and final brn is based off final burn legends,if you have fbl just point one of the rompaths in coinops to your final burn legends romset.

@bp you were asking about moveslists,IIRC fbaxxx pro had a moveslist for all the cps2 fighters like the vs series,streetfighter alphas and so on.

Thanks fumanchu.

One other thing. N64 and saving. Is it an option?

Thanks fumanchu.

One other thing. N64 and saving. Is it an option?

when you say saving i assume you mean save states??

if so then i dont think save states are included for the console stuff,if you look at the reame there should be more info concerning that.