CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question,

Did anyone get the arcade version of Street Fighter III: Third Strike working? The romset is 'sfiii3n.zip' aka the NO-CD version. On my 128meg box, this set gives an out of memory error. I'm wondering if someone else here can test.

Edited by neoryu

CoinOPS EPIC R5 released

Screensizing and Keymapping is availble to FBA core like the consoles though the left and right thumb clicks...

Note: Apect correction in basic settings locks Screensizing in Final Burn and consoles but corrects everything for aspect ratios...it will know if your in 4x3 or 720p and auto adjust

Note: To get keymapping to work you will have to enable default keymapping in advanced settings

Fixed kbash2 and commandw virtual memory

Lots more tweaks and bug fixes

Samples updated

Fixed sf3.zip now launches Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike (xbox 1 version)

Fixed CPS3 and PGM support for 128meg xboxs (confirmed working games are ketsui...espgaluda....street fighter 3....street fighter 3 2nd strike.....red earth...jo jo.....trying soon to find how to get others to boot)

Please test these games for speed on 128meg only xboxs as they have been tested on speed upgraded boxes and I want to know if its worth adding virtual mem

drivers added

DRIVER( kbash2 )

DRIVER( recalh )

DRIVER( commandw )

DRIVER( Ket )

DRIVER( Keta )

DRIVER( Ketb )

DRIVER( Espgal )

DRIVER( Thegladpcb )

DRIVER( Ddp2 )

DRIVER( Ddp2101 )

DRIVER( Ddp2102 )

DRIVER( Ddp3 )

DRIVER( Ddp3v100 )

DRIVER( Ddp3v101 )

DRIVER( Ddp3d )

DRIVER( Ddp3blk )

DRIVER( Martmasc )

DRIVER( Martmast )

DRIVER( Kov2 )

DRIVER( Kov2106 )

DRIVER( Kov2p )

DRIVER( Kov2p205 )

DRIVER( warzard )

DRIVER( sfiii )

DRIVER( jojo )

DRIVER( jojoba )

DRIVER( jojobaa )

DRIVER( sfiii2 )

DRIVER( jojoan ) // NO CD VERSION

DRIVER( jojon ) // NO CD VERSION

DRIVER( jojoban ) // NO CD VERSION

DRIVER( Jojobane ) // NO CD VERSION

DRIVER( redeartn ) // NO CD VERSION

DRIVER( redearth )

DRIVER( sfiii2n ) // NO CD VERSION

DRIVER( sfiii3n ) // NO CD VERSION

DRIVER( sfiii3 )

DRIVER( sfiiin )

DRIVER( sf3 )

NOTE FOR EPIC USERS : sfiii3 rom pic and video now needs to be renamed as sf3.zip sf3.png sf3.xmv this is due to sfiii3 is now being used by the final burn core

NOTE Please for each game I wish to know if it runs on an Xbox with 128Megs of ram and how well (also on the trusty ones)

Thanks to IQ as usual for his help.....although alot of work was put in by me without IQ this would have never been possible in the first place

can someone post of video of ketsui espgaluda and sfiii3 nd strike on you tube....on a non speed upgraded but 128meg upgraded xbox :) ill see if virtual mem is worth adding

R6 im planning on a consolidation....ill need people to start playing with R5 features...like aspect correction and keymap etc and get a good picture then ill look at tiding things like keymaps some driver etc and little quirks etc...but more of that after people have played...dont forget to report 128meg only upgrade results....and if poss a youtube video speaks 1000 words

the download link for coinops epic r5 has been posted at snesorama and emuparadise.

i would like to see a video of epic r5 running the pgm gamesketsui,espgaluda and dodonpachi dao ou jou on a 128mb ram upgraded xbox without the speed/processer upgrade as well.

just to see how well it works with normal stock 733mhz processer.

NOTE FOR EPIC USERS : sfiii3 rom pic and video now needs to be renamed as sf3.zip sf3.png sf3.xmv this is due to sfiii3 is now being used by the final burn core

NOTE Please for each game I wish to know if it runs on an Xbox with 128Megs of ram and how well (also on the trusty ones)

Name changed and are still the console returns to the main dashboard?

did you add all the support files from epic? maybe I should test it...I didnt realise this was so important to people....it looks good code wise to me should work if you copied all the files

do you have streetfighter3.xbe in CoinOPS folder also the shader files from the media stuff and the other main folder for the game?

Added "Trivia" folder....

if CoinOPS/Triva/Romname.txt is present an option in the start menu is there called "Show Game Trivia"

then it will open the txt file this can be used for what ever people want...moves....synopsis...technical info....reviews....what ever if nothing is there for that rom you wont see the option.....

I have r4 epics going now but trying this out I could not get it to work. I am testing it with the game 1941 (since the rom has that name)

At first I had the folder spelled wrong (well correctly as trivia), I then noticed you had it as Triva. I tried both but hitting the start button (to bring up the Coinops main menu) or actually starting the game and using the back+white in game menu does not bring up the trivia option. Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by robot3

I didnt patch it into the final build.... and its not in the release notes..... all the stuff I add is to a full version....with 100 times more features than the released one...then I decide what goes into the final one...normally when im happy with it and it goes in it stays...its rare that I remove it....

this feature wasnt really added as people said they would make the files for triva...eg megaman was one but they never forfiled there part...if I could see a use for it id add it and presently I see no real use for it

ill port it over if people will support it and theres a reason to...if not its not worth the xtra overhead....I have alot more done than people think ive just decided what makes it into the final build...like xbmc there are alot of branch and code and the project manager picks whats best....my belief is wont and never have let techo people get in the way of the common people and this has cause issues from day one...but I dont care and its the reason why ive had alot of issues on forums and why I ended the popular choice.... remember im banded from usual sites...they all said I couldnt code and didnt know what im doing....all I think feared and knew what was going to happen...there ideas wherent held by the many as strong as they thought and that constant lies in the end would seal there fate...these people even managed to kill off the largest sites and I saw person after person leave them to other sites and now they only have the people left that claimed to know what they where doing patting each other on the back for icons....and im the one that tells them I notice this....as others do or I wouldnt have seen most people from there hear and other sites that do a good job of supporting people.... I always said im sorry and still am for people that listen to them...I still today see stuff that is so easy being handed so badly...

I didnt patch it into the final build.... and its not in the release notes..... all the stuff I add is to a full version....with 100 times more features than the released one...then I decide what goes into the final one...normally when im happy with it and it goes in it stays...its rare that I remove it....

this feature wasnt really added as people said they would make the files for triva...eg megaman was one but they never forfiled there part...if I could see a use for it id add it and presently I see no real use for it

ill port it over if people will support it and theres a reason to...if not its not worth the xtra overhead....I have alot more done than people think ive just decided what makes it into the final build...like xbmc there are alot of branch and code and the project manager picks whats best....my belief is wont and never have let techo people get in the way of the common people and this has cause issues from day one...but I dont care and its the reason why ive had alot of issues on forums and why I ended the popular choice.... remember im banded from usual sites...they all said I couldnt code and didnt know what im doing....all I think feared and knew what was going to happen...there ideas wherent held by the many as strong as they thought and that constant lies in the end would seal there fate...these people even managed to kill off the largest sites and I saw person after person leave them to other sites and now they only have the people left that claimed to know what they where doing patting each other on the back for icons....and im the one that tells them I notice this....as others do or I wouldnt have seen most people from there hear and other sites that do a good job of supporting people.... I always said im sorry and still am for people that listen to them...I still today see stuff that is so easy being handed so badly...

Thanks for the info. With concerns to the trivia I might be in the minority on that. I actually do enjoy reading that info (mame), also as well as for hints or other oddities I might not know for said game (like flip the dip switch to this will make a game do that or just sometimes trying to figure out a combo/button move without any prior knowledge of a game). With the massive amount of work you already have for coinops, I do appreciate what you have given us, still if it does not cause you a headache or a hell of a lot of more work, down the road please reconsider the option

I was curious, as far as arcade games go would it be more work to enable the history.dat that would usually go in the main folder of mame for such things as trivia?

I always found the "competition" with certain scenes amazing. The Xbox emu scene is not super huge like it used to be or fully supported like it used to be. It boggles my mind how people will fight each other over a scene where they all should be working together. I just never understood the bitter rivalry for a smaller scene like this. Another unrelated example of where I encountered something similar was with the comic/magazine scanning scene. A lot of similar problems that mirror what happened to you here with the Xbox.

Edited by robot3