CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

Result... great find phil.... or great memory !

I managed to play to the end before on an old emulator (I think the rom said bootleg but dunno for sure)

anyway, keep up the great work both !

Hey BP,

Regarding DOUBLE DRAGON, this has happened for a while. I remember I asked IQ about it and he pointed this post out from MAWS:

8th January 2006: Bryan McPhail - Double Dragon has a crash which sometimes occurs at the very end of the game (right before the final animation sequence). It occurs because of a jump look up table: BAD3: LDY #$BADD; BAD7: JSR [A,Y]. At the point of the crash A is 0x3e which causes a jump to 0x3401 (background tile ram) which obviously doesn't contain proper code and causes a crash. The jump table has 32 entries, and only the last contains an invalid jump vector. A is set to 0x3e as a result of code at 0x625f - it reads from the shared spriteram (0x2049 in main cpu memory space), copies the value to 0x523 (main ram) where it is later fetched and shifted to make 0x3e. So.. it's not clear where the error is - the 0x1f value is actually written to shared RAM by the main CPU - perhaps the MCU should modify it before the main CPU reads it back? Perhaps 0x1f should never be written at all? If you want to trace this further please submit a proper fix! In the meantime I have patched the error by making sure the invalid jump is never taken - this fixes the crash (see ddragon_spriteram_r).

in the old slow down versions did this happen? as I adjust the driver a little....or is there some driver updates required?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Added "Trivia" folder....

if CoinOPS/Triva/Romname.txt is present an option in the start menu is there called "Show Game Trivia"

then it will open the txt file this can be used for what ever people want...moves....synopsis...technical info....reviews....what ever if nothing is there for that rom you wont see the option.....

XreliC: Are you using a modchip or softmod? What kind/version?

Xecuter Mod Chip Ver. 1 with an original Bios

Did some digging it is a Matrix Mod Chip I think I may have a solution

it sounds to me like the bios you are using is one of the very early bioses.so you might need to patch the default.xbe back to retail.there is an app that lets you do this.

XreliC: Are you using a modchip or softmod? What kind/version?

Xecuter Mod Chip Ver. 1 with an original Bios

Did some digging it is a Matrix Mod Chip I think I may have a solution

Hi,

Have you tried clearing the Xbox caches? I used to get a black screen when launching backups until doing the following: -

Delete everything in E:\cache and also anything on the X: Y: & Z: drives.

Use the file manager on XBMC.