CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

I'm a newbie myself, but it really doesn't get any easier than CoinOPS.

Yes, you must have a modified Xbox. Buy one second hand, and make sure you get one with atleast 100 GB storage, or you'll regret it later. In sweden where I live you'll have to pay around £50 for that.

Download XBMC, burn it to a DVD and run it in your Xbox.

Unzip CoinOPS Epic.

Delete TDATA and UDATA inder E: on your Xbox.

Run default.xbe

The steps above I've already done.

after many tests, I already have a running Coinops on my xbox, that I've modchipped , equipped with 120gb hd and a good dashboard.

What I'm not sure about, is if what I did (installing coinops) is correct. I had to reformat the HD few times because trying this and that I made a mess and had to start from zero again.

What I would like to know are the steps to:

**How to make Coinops (default.xbe file) running withous using a file manager to launch it **

Once I get this info (that I didn't found ANYWHERE in the official README file, in this forum and over) I'll be a happy men.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pikkey: what are you using for a dashboard?

Wow thanks for the great response there is some to digest here. I will try to answer all questions. :D

I want to use XBMC as my dashboard it provides the functionality I want.

I want to install Coin OPS Epic as a program on the Harddrive on E:

So far I have a working dashboard XBMC with a path in the Programs section to CoinOPS Epic. When I click on the CoinOPS Epic shortcut I created it takes me to the Coin OPS folder then I scan down to a object that has the CoinOPS logo on it (I am thinking that is CoinOPS Default.XBE which I assume that is what starts CoinOPS). There is another one with the same Icon that says (Don't Run)

When I try to start CoinOPS I get a black screen with no way out but to power down.

For an instillation I unRARed the CoinOPS Epic archive and drooped the whole thing in E:\Programs\Coin OPS Epic\ Did I miss something in the install?

pikky didn't mean to hijack your subject this should have been a Reply for (.) (.) my bad

Edited by XreliC

I'm a newbie myself, but it really doesn't get any easier than CoinOPS.

Yes, you must have a modified Xbox. Buy one second hand, and make sure you get one with atleast 100 GB storage, or you'll regret it later. In sweden where I live you'll have to pay around £50 for that.

Download XBMC, burn it to a DVD and run it in your Xbox.

Unzip CoinOPS Epic.

Transfer CoinOPS Epic to your Xbox. This manual looks complicated, but just do as it says and you'll see it's actually quite easy:

http://www.monstermodchip.com/Xbox%20FTP.htm

Delete TDATA and UDATA under E: on your Xbox.

Run default.xbe.

Tried Deleting the TDATA & UDATA and running default.xbe blank screen

CoinOPS current location:E:\Games\CoinOPS EPIC R2

Edited the Path.ini as follows:

UsePathINI=1

ROMPath1=E:\Games\CoinOPS EPIC R2\roms

ROMPath2=

ROMPath3=

ROMPath4=

ROMPath5=

ROMPath6=

ROMPath7=

ROMPath8=

E:\Games\CoinOPS EPIC R2\artwork\Shots 1

E:\Games\CoinOPS EPIC R2\artwork\Shots 2

E:\Games\CoinOPS EPIC R2\artwork\Shots 3

E:\Games\CoinOPS EPIC R2\artwork\Shots 4

E:\Games\CoinOPS EPIC R2\artwork\Shots 5

E:\Games\CoinOPS EPIC R2\artwork\Shots 6

E:\Games\CoinOPS EPIC R2\artwork\Shots 7

E:\Games\CoinOPS EPIC R2\artwork\Shots 8

E:\Games\CoinOPS EPIC R2\nvram

E:\Games\CoinOPS EPIC R2\ini

E:\Games\CoinOPS EPIC R2\savestates

E:\Games\CoinOPS EPIC R2\config

E:\Games\CoinOPS EPIC R2\hiscores

E:\Games\CoinOPS EPIC R2\videos

The rest is in docs included.

Tried stating CoinOPS still blank screen

Edited by XreliC

XreliC: Get rid of those path changes you made and use the path.ini that came with the download. If you're using XBMC this is all you need to do:

1. Turn on your XBOX and wait until you XBMC boots. You'll see Videos, Music, Progams, Settings, Weather, etc... on the left hand side. If you do not see "Programs" you'll have to add it to your home screen by going to Settings -> Skin Settings -> Home windows -> and enabling "Show programs in main menu" then drop back to the home screen by pressing B two times.

2. Select "Programs"

3. Select "Add source"

4. Select "Browse" and type in the path to your CoinOPS directory. In XreliC's case "E:\Programs\Coin OPS Epic\" but without the quotes.

5. Enter a name for this media Source. That can be whatever you'd like. e.g. "CoinOPS"

6. Select "OK"

7. You'll drop back to the "Programs" folder and you'll see the source name that you just added. For this example we used "CoinOPS"

8. Select the folder and you'll here the XBOX hard drive chugging and XMBC will pause for a few seconds while it scans the directory for "default.xbe"

9. Once it's done scanning you'll see the red CoinOPS icon titled "CoinOPS EPIC R2".

10. Press A on CoinOPS EPIC R2 and it will launch.

You don't need to create any shortcuts to do this. If you have them, delete them.

Edit: Updated some spelling :D

Edited by Annihilitor

:D if you have two icons go into xbmc settings and go into program settings click the option to only show default.xbes then only one icon will show :) or maybe its called flatten

the issue could be you have setup program path to E:games and then put it into E:/Games/CoinOPS/CoinOPS this would produce two files as well I think.....