CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi again, I`m setting a really nice job with mi coinops, adding screenshots, manuals, console roms, videos, roms, and working with obviously the coinOPS epic R2, and I downloaded the romcenter, and that cuestion came to my mind: what dat use the coinops Epic R2?? 0.84???

And another cuestion jeje: I have a link for coinops epic on newsgroup, cause I want the videos, and all the roms in there, but I do not know how to use it :$ , I dont know if this is a page that I have to pay to download or what

What about by torrent :D ???

Edited by toledanogus

you have to pay for newsgroups. You can get it on UG. The one on Newsgroups is a little corrupted( when i grabbed it) (couple of the N64 roms) but if you go on torrent site you can get the last 1%

I would reccomend Astraweb if your going for newsgroups for first time. They do a 180GB deal for around 20USD and have no time limit to use it. And you get FAST Speeds. I downloaded the 18GB torrent in just a few hours

Edited by rdtorrents

I tested SNES (Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past) , PSX (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night), N64 (Castlevania, Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness, Paper Mario, Mario 64), NES (Legend of Zelda, Zelda II), Megadrive (Beyond Oasis, Landstalker), GB (Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening), GBC (Pokemon Crystal), GBA (Metroid Zero Mission, Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance, DBZ Legacy of Goku II). On the SNES and PSX games, saving worked (EDIT: It seems to be working for N64 now, too, though the only thing I did different was have a second controller plugged in) . On the others, I would go to save in the game, everything would appear to be going fine and working well (on games that allowed it I could exit to the game's main menu and it would show the save as if everything had worked), but then when I would exit the game to CoinOPS and come back to it the save was gone.

Also, on N64 games the screen resizing, keymapping, and save states don't work. I press the buttons and nothing happens.

And is there any chance of you adding cheat support for console games?

you have to pay for newsgroups. You can get it on UG. The one on Newsgroups is a little corrupted( when i grabbed it) (couple of the N64 roms) but if you go on torrent site you can get the last 1%

I would reccomend Astraweb if your going for newsgroups for first time. They do a 180GB deal for around 20USD and have no time limit to use it. And you get FAST Speeds. I downloaded the 18GB torrent in just a few hours

Thankyou very much mate, I don't have money at this moment jaja, but I'll keep that in mind, Im going to look for roms in torrent or direct download.

Thankyou

sorry im not sure what games save and what doesnt

need all the cores tested....

eg Ill start

SNES - SAVES WORK

MDRIVE - ?

PCE - ?

N64 - ?

PSX - ?

NES - ?

SMS - ?

GB - ?

GBC - ?

GBA - ?

***N64 and Final Burn will get the same treatment when its finalised...I looked at cheats can you expain how cheats work on xport emus? how to get to them?

***SMB path needs to be setup as

smb://workgroup name/computer name/path to share/roms

not D://roms

also aspect correct

ill take a game system like SNES its native res is 256x224 so the correct aspect for this is

547x480 in SD

and

720x820 in HD

with this you get black bars on the side in SD...due to the way TVs used to work (non digital,non pixel) it viewed like this

640x480 in SD

and

960x1280 in HD

with no black bars down the side......

I am thinking the true aspect ratio is not the native res but the TV 4/3 aspect ratio (not the pixel perfect one that would be 3.42/3 aspect ratio....

Note this doesnt include hand held and only TV viewed

Please pick one...the way it would have displayed or the true pixels created in the game even though this isnt how they sized onto a TV...

you have 48hours to let me know or ill pick the one I think is true

This is interesting. I always wondered why the pixel perfect option in MadMab edition emulators always cut off some of the screen. If this is necessary for pixel perfect, I prefer your other option. Whatever suits on the screen but still is as close as possible to pixel perfect, if that makes sense.