CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lightgun is never been talked about...a guy called cba (aledged by him id guess he had no show) redid a mame build with full lightgun support...and canceled CoinOPS lightgun support sorry....

martial matters may work....with speed issues if I add virtual memory support to pgm which I plan to do if the new pgm(ketsu and more cave games) driver can be added to final burn alpha core....hopefully iq can look at it with me if not hopefully the sources come out some time and ill take a look at it....I patched in the latest build no issues but really want in the new stuff

Kool, thanks a lot for all the news games you are already adding to coinOPs :D

I will stand up the new release too :)

Just landed here to beg for an answer.

I've discovered Coinops (what a great job!) a month ago, and I realized it was the perfect reason to resume a working XBOX I've found between the trash.

Where I've lost my last nights is about how-where to install it, even because it seem there are no docs about, anywhere on the web.

Everybody talk about a problem or a hint, nobody about install procedure. Or at least, google didn't give them to me.

I only succeed to run coinop installing the entire coinops in a folder on F partition, and using a file explorer to launch the "default" file that make it run the "carousel" but something tell me that's not the correct way to make it work.

So, please is there any guide around about "HOW TO MAKE IT RUN" ?

Any suggestion are welcome.

Thanks in advance

Francesco

Just landed here to beg for an answer.

I've discovered Coinops (what a great job!) a month ago, and I realized it was the perfect reason to resume a working XBOX I've found between the trash.

Where I've lost my last nights is about how-where to install it, even because it seem there are no docs about, anywhere on the web.

Everybody talk about a problem or a hint, nobody about install procedure. Or at least, google didn't give them to me.

I only succeed to run coinop installing the entire coinops in a folder on F partition, and using a file explorer to launch the "default" file that make it run the "carousel" but something tell me that's not the correct way to make it work.

So, please is there any guide around about "HOW TO MAKE IT RUN" ?

Any suggestion are welcome.

Thanks in advance

Francesco

Pikkey: First off what version of CoinOPS do you have? How big is the package you downloaded? The latest is CoinOPS EPIC at about 18 GB. To "install it" you simply extract the archive and copy over the contents to your Xbox. In your case the F: drive is fine. Using the file explorer to launch the default.xbe is how you run CoinOPS. What happens after you launch the default.xbe? Are you presented with a screen that is showing a video of a game and a list of ~2000 roms? Have you tried launching any of them?

Pikkey: First off what version of CoinOPS do you have? How big is the package you downloaded? The latest is CoinOPS EPIC at about 18 GB. To "install it" you simply extract the archive and copy over the contents to your Xbox. In your case the F: drive is fine. Using the file explorer to launch the default.xbe is how you run CoinOPS. What happens after you launch the default.xbe? Are you presented with a screen that is showing a video of a game and a list of ~2000 roms? Have you tried launching any of them?

You right.

I've downloaded Coinops Inferno HD, about 18gb of package.

When I run default.xbe , it make appear the menu with all the arcade games installed, with the demo video running.

Games work, even if it takes too long to start (2 or 3 mins) but right now I'm focused to make a correct installation.

tnx for the reply!

Hi all, ive added 16 games to Coinops EPIC and they all work fine ive also added the screenshots but only one of them shows. They are all named correctly, the same as the roms, they are all pngs and ive even tryed resizing them to sizes the same as other screenshots that were already in Coinops. So thats it im stumped, anybody got any other ideas? Thanks.

Yes, in your PC right clic on that png, propeties, details, and there is one option "profundidad de bits" it has to say 24, other way coinops won't read, for example if it says 32 bits it won`'t work. Use a program editor and put a background layer, this way the img will be a 24 bits png and coinops will read.

You right.

I've downloaded Coinops Inferno HD, about 18gb of package.

When I run default.xbe , it make appear the menu with all the arcade games installed, with the demo video running.

Games work, even if it takes too long to start (2 or 3 mins) but right now I'm focused to make a correct installation.

tnx for the reply!

Delete all the folders in UDATA and TDATA, restart and launch CoinOPS. That is get rid of the 2 to 3 minute load times.

Yes, in your PC right clic on that png, propeties, details, and there is one option "profundidad de bits" it has to say 24, other way coinops won't read, for example if it says 32 bits it won`'t work. Use a program editor and put a background layer, this way the img will be a 24 bits png and coinops will read.

Thanks mate, you appear to be right as all the pics that dont work are 32bit but i cant find a way to change it. Ive tryed microsoft paint. Any suggestions on a program to use?

hmmm you dont have to launch coinops though a file manager :D.....

I supposed too, but the "how to" seems to be a secret everyone want to keep till buried :))

is it so tricky to include the coinops default.xbe in a xbox menu?

I'm using X-wizard 3.1 as dashboard, but I also tested Slayers 2.7...