CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The GBA games are widescreen - 240x160, while the GB/GBC are 160x144.

can people tell me why to add an option for diff screensizing of gba and gb...as they all look to be the correct size to me....gba...gb and gb color

its easy to add but cant see why I would....

Anyways, CoinOps looks sick as hell. Much better looking and easier on the eyes. Simple, but freaking awesome. I have a modded XBOX 1.6 w/ a 250GB hdd in it so I figured "Why the hell bother with this piece of shit PC, when i can just use my Xbox and an old TV from the basement..."

Exactly why I use CoinOps for arcades. :P

Also, if you want to hook the Xbox up to an arcade monitor, you can. You just need a 'Frosty' VGA cable for the Xbox and a scan converter called the Extron Emotia, which basically changes the VGA 480p signal from an Xbox to 240p with the flip of a switch. More on that here: http://scanlines.hazard-city.de/

But the 50% of the reason as to why I have started the Cabinet project is to have Golden Tee matches with my buds. So I'd like to know if it is compatible or not before I purchase the $30 adapter from X-Arcade.com... Oh and the trackball too.

I use the Tanksticks trackball with CoinOps no problem, but I've never tried Gold Tee. I'm guessing that if it supports mouse input it will work fine.

---

BP, that reminded me. Can you add custom controller settings possibly? We had spoken about it before.

For instance the game Robotron was played with 2 joysticks in the arcade and in CoinOps its mapped to the 2 thumbsticks. I can change it to use the direction pads on the player 1 and 2 controllers, but the change is only temporary. (I do this for Robotron on the Tankstick) It would be great if these were permanent. I also tweak the 'sensitivity' on some of the mouse games - like Missile Command - but it resets when you quit the rom.

Thanks again, new logo is looking good.

Talk soon

hmmm so its for the pixel perfect people...the two resolutions....ill think if ill add it or just use the emu to work out the aspect ratios

arcades remember the keymapping....they dont remember sensitivity settings of analog

also for those wanting stuff like custom controller settings....ive done the coding but I dont use it and as per usual im missing the stuff from other people they promised :P ...... this is very common in this game....alot of people saying ill do stuff and I see very little.....

Need help adding an xbox game to coinops epic. Its super mario war, i used xbe shortcut maker to make the shortcut xbe and ive made the pointer zip named correctly and it shows in the game list but when i select it the xbox just reboots.

Im thinking its to do with the paths, so could anybody show me what a correct path for this should look like please?

Thanks.

@PhilExile

Do you need the XBOX converter for the X-Arcade or can I just add 2 USB ports to my XBOX instead? Or does the converter actually changes the signals from the joystick to something the XBOX can interpret as if it were a normal controller?

Cause if all it really is a usb hub for the XBOX, well I can just splice in a couple ports myself...

I'm pretty settled on using the XBOX as my cabinet brain. CoinOps convinced me, its tooo pretty and easy to use. Would of loved support for some of the other Golden Tee games, but there should be plenty of other activities for my friends and myself to enjoy...

Haha, OK, I get the hint - what do you need from me? :P

By the way, I'm back working on the arcade adds list. Should be done by weeks end.

also for those wanting stuff like custom controller settings....ive done the coding but I dont use it and as per usual im missing the stuff from other people they promised :) ...... this is very common in this game....alot of people saying ill do stuff and I see very little.....

Yes, I use the converter. I never tried another way, but I'm fairly certain you need it to get the controller to work properly. Also, for the trackpad, you'll need a controller port to USB adapter. They are easy to make or cheap to buy on eBay.

@PhilExile

Do you need the XBOX converter for the X-Arcade or can I just add 2 USB ports to my XBOX instead? Or does the converter actually changes the signals from the joystick to something the XBOX can interpret as if it were a normal controller?

Phil, do you have the X-Arcade Tankstick + Trackball (http://www.xgaming.com/store/arcade-joysticks-and-game-controllers/product/x-arcade-tankstick-includes-usb-cables/)? If so, how well does the trackball work with CoinOPS EPIC? I made my own control panel but I like the idea of the "pinball" buttons and have been considering getting that controller for a while. When using the trackball does it function as player 1 or do you have to make any specific changes? I assume you use a controller port to USB adapter in port 3 on the xbox? Thanks in advance!

Edited by Annihilitor