CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

OK no problem BP. Well if anyone has downloaded this torrent or off usenet could they supply a list of the available games? Not worried about the MAME stuff, it's the console stuff.

I didn't flick back through the thread to catch up but what about the recently emulated Cave PGM games like DDP and Ketsui? Are those viable for the Xbox?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK no problem BP. Well if anyone has downloaded this torrent or off usenet could they supply a list of the available games? Not worried about the MAME stuff, it's the console stuff.

I didn't flick back through the thread to catch up but what about the recently emulated Cave PGM games like DDP and Ketsui? Are those viable for the Xbox?

i think there is a txt file in the coinops folder,inferno r3 which has all the names of the roms that are playable.also all the stuff like all the doom games are playable.

as for ketsui,ddp dai ou jou and espgaluda i would loe to play them on the xbox,i do have the ps2 ports minus ketsui(got it on 360 though).

theres alot after r3.... and the new cave stuff I started on it and have patched in the driver into the fba engine....I havent recieved any help to make this easier and ill look at it in the next few months if I dont recieve any help....I have asked a few times but as yet no word....its late in the day for xbox...

Hi BP,

Thanks for the build.

I found a little bug in a game:

Jurassic Park (the shooter) : when I get about midway into the game (5 min) when you are in the dirt under the trees, the game freezes on me.

I tried it twice to test it and it froze on the same spot.

Edited by Mega Man (?)

HI BP ;)

Just for understand ...

Now when you say you have fix something you will write it over the Google SourceCode site ?

And update the sourcecode of the emulator too ?

If it is ... it will be the best for the people who wants to compile a new XBE every month :(

With all the last updates ...

Thanks

nope.....ill do my own stuff at present unless something actually comes of the google source code stuff and im happy its in control. If not ill just patch in stuff I want for now....or they get my new sources and merge in the changes.... ill most likely disagree with the vision...but if I think its well done or an be merged properly ill do it....

its up to you guys...I allready know what im up to in the background

I only release stable releases and my code is spread across many many branches of stuff in Beta and stuff thats all good but didnt make the cuts and in the end a stable point release....one source code is never a good way for release unless I want bug city and then alot of questions.....

nope.....ill do my own stuff at present unless something actually comes of the google source code stuff and im happy its in control. If not ill just patch in stuff I want for now....or they get my new sources and merge in the changes.... ill most likely disagree with the vision...but if I think its well done or an be merged properly ill do it....

its up to you guys...I allready know what im up to in the background

I only release stable releases and my code is spread across many many branches of stuff in Beta and stuff thats all good but didnt make the cuts and in the end a stable point release....one source code is never a good way for release unless I want bug city and then alot of questions.....

Ok, I am confused, do you really want the community to start to take this over or not? I didn't spend hours putting the code up in code.google.com just to create a dead-on-arrival fork. My thought was it'd be a better way to manage the source and the features (since you were asking for project management help earlier in this thread).

I can give you full control over the google project or whatever you need (even if that's you e-mailing or posting code updates).

As for not wanting 'one' set of source code, that's what branches are for. Want to experiment without messing with the main release? Create a branch. Doesn't work out? Dump it. Did work out? Merge the branch back into the baseline.

"ill most likely disagree with the vision"

You're a glass half empty kinda guy, arentcha? :(

I can better work on my PC directly....anyone could submit patches and always could so for me it holds no advantages only negatives....but as dark said he thinks it holds great advantages for you guys....

You guys can feel free to start something and if it is of use ill join it if not ill continue on....ive never said anything diff and the project manager was only for doing the collection of thoughts and games...the coding part is easy if I want it in...the hardest part is allways how it should be put in or even if it should be put in....I meassure twice cut once...the cutting part generally is easy....

I want it in...the hardest part is allways how it should be put in or even if it should be put in....I meassure twice cut once...the cutting part generally is easy....

I can't agree with this more. When Cos and I were requesting perfect pixel we both had very complicated ideas on how to integrate the functionality into CoinOps. BP listened to us and we went back and forth. Eventually, he found a way to enable it with a very easy, basic setting. He knows whats up and I think his plan to release sources and evaluate what people come up with before inserting it into a build is a smart one.

Just my 2 cents. :)

my two cents where I did this while the xtras team told me I didnt understand it and couldnt code....when I did it properly and automatically....and no one had to ask questions again....once again cutting off there noses to spit there faces....my two cents....those helpful people didnt want it done right from what I saw :) but yes phil and coso gave me a few hours of there time and I added in everything I could mathmatically correctly....and included stuff like 10x11 a hack to make cps2 stuff that is normally wide screen correct for non wide screen...let alone it sense all the modes and readjusting all pixel perfect to suit the 100s of aspect ratios and multple says the TV can run....480i 480p pal ntsc 720p and 480i 480p pal ntsc 720p with the monitor on its side....all done for the user with no setup or working out each game by hand which was what was asked (screen cords and save for each game so a user could adjust the games to a pixel perfect ratio)

and there is stuff going on still as phil knows id say ....