CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite sure, I might have a better feel after ... 2wks ... is what uTorrent currently says as to when Epic will be finished downloading.

You were asking about project management help earlier, what would you think about putting the source on something like code.google.com?

Source code control, feature/task management, etc.

*** CoinOPS EPIC SOURCE CODE ***

please put this someone when its gone its gone...there are alot of hidden things in this code and alot of features not in the full....as stuff was considered bloat....you can rearange or do what ever you want in a side build....

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=54ZW5JXX

if someone truely wants to work with me ill help out....as much as I can...I have alot of stuff lying on my HDD and have allready fixed and added features after EPIC

*** CoinOPS EPIC SOURCE CODE ***

please put this someone when its gone its gone...there are alot of hidden things in this code and alot of features not in the full....as stuff was considered bloat....you can rearange or do what ever you want in a side build....

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=54ZW5JXX

if someone truely wants to work with me ill help out....as much as I can...I have alot of stuff lying on my HDD and have allready fixed and added features after EPIC

Done, it's here:

http://code.google.com/p/coinops/

I'm rebuilding my dev machine and as soon as I have the dev environment set back up, I might start looking at low hanging fruit.

Woaw ... a real DEV site for CoinOPS ... maybe some other guys will now work on the project to upgrade it :(

New games support, new skins options, ... really a good news ;)

2011 will be a great year lol

lol skins could be done in 10 seconds...that hd one you couldnt do I did in 10-15mins dark...anyways best of luck...one point is watch out for clutter buggy code.....all the other projects in my opion and others I know are quite buggy and little issues around the place....also they are inconsistant in thought and design....just a warning I know most people will hate that...also remember everytime you change the xbes...and alter the memory useage you may break the games in sd or hd for virtual memory as they are both handled differently in 2 vm.txt files...so you may fix one driver but break 50 games and some much bigger titles......I have tools, that maybe handy depending on th work you are doing

ill be honest I hold no real hope for the project unlike dark who is in the xtras team...no offense but there new stuff gets no real hits so be aware of that....its only them that really download there stuff and thank each other....also CoinOPS sources have been out for years.....theres alot of stuff people will tell you to add that has been done but was removed due to many issues like speeds etc.....and lastly remember ill be adding more features in sometime as ive done more work and continue to do so....its just ill do it slowly in my time and what I want really....

Best of luck everyone :(

an example please? and the answer is no....well you can though the source....id say no names are wrong unless they where wrong in mame

unless its console games I guess and those where put in by scripts so could be wrong....12,000 of them so I only checked the ones in EPIC really

100s 100s....no idea of what they are.....alot were changed to fix bugs as well like bubble booble etc as the drivers where not right and required diff dats

I didnt keep track of anything I put one liners on the site and moved forward....so im not to sure of a complete list of changes just that its quite alot