CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

It would be REALLY awesome to have a port of Skulltag to Xbox (another Doom sourceport focusing on multiplayer) so that we can have Megaman 8-bit Deathmatch running. http://cutstuff.net/blog/?page_id=1490

The source for Mario War can be found using these links: http://72dpiarmy.supersanctuary.net/viewto...?f=1&t=1435

i am presuming megaman 8bit deathmatch does not contain any actual wad files for the game?

WAD files for the game are included, but you can't just use the WAD alone in any Doom source port aside from skulltag as far as I know. The changes are quite extensive.

Xboyadvance, the madmab version, allows you to set two different screen resolutions, one for GBA and one for regular gameboy. That would be nice to have because right now in coinops only one can be proper resolution and the other gets stretched.

have you tried the wad file for megaman deathmatch in odamex??

No, because as I said, it will not work and requires skulltag. No other source ports can run it properly.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just upgraded to Inferno R2 and so far so good. There are a couple questions I was hoping you guys could help me out.

1. ULTRA X WEAPONS still out of memory. What are the settings?

2. How to get the screenshots to work with Midway games/pointers. Do I need to rename them?

Thanks again for all the hard work. Btw, I asked around for help on BrapBoys fix but no one steps up :(

Nuvo

I just upgraded to Inferno R2 and so far so good. There are a couple questions I was hoping you guys could help me out.

1. ULTRA X WEAPONS still out of memory. What are the settings?

2. How to get the screenshots to work with Midway games/pointers. Do I need to rename them?

Thanks again for all the hard work. Btw, I asked around for help on BrapBoys fix but no one steps up :(

Nuvo

Screenshot and video names must match the rom or pointer name in the "roms" folder

Try this for ultra X weapons. Open "vm.txt" file from your coinops folder with "notepad". Find the line "ultrax 4 48 65535" in the "vm.txt". Change it to "ultrax 4 16 65535". Make sure there is not two enteries for this game in this text file. Use the "find on this page" tool in the edit pulldown menu to check. Save the changes and close this text file. Now overwrite the old "vm.txt" file in your coinops folder with the new text file that you just changed. Make sure you are in standard definition and have fun! Note- you can do this with the vmhidef.txt file as well.

OR...

Lower the "Commit Size" under "Virtual Memory Configuration" in "advanced settings" to "1024". It will have the same effect and you will not have to change any text files. Just remember to set the Virtual Memory Configuration back to "automatic" when you are done playing the game.

Whoa!!, confusing to write for such a simple task. I hope it is understandable.

Thanks for the quick response, I got it working.

There was one more thing I found. Did anyone notice that Streetfigher3.xbe for 3rd strike is not in R2. I tried adding the one from showroom but it didn't load. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for keeping this great emu alive.

Nuvo

not sure about controlls on duck hunt....for streetfighter3 you will need XB_HostPC folder from showroom as well as that is the Street fighter 3 game folder

ill release a pack very soon for midway but im adding more games soon as ive got free alot of memory :( now ps there is 2 vm files vm.txt and vmhd.txt as some of the games need a bit more mem in hd

ULTRA X WEAPONS works for me but if other expeince this issue ill give it a bit more virtual mem

Hey BP, have you seen the "IPT_PEDAL patch" for Dirt Fox? I assume that since the game "Hydra" already works, that the patch is already in there. Are there settings for Dirt Fox that will steer left and right on a normal Xbox controller? I already tried removing the steering/shifter conflict. Also calibrating steering in service mode, still will only steer left. This game has even worse problems in Win MAME 135u3. Is there a solution or should I forget this one?

another reference: DIRTFOX NAMCO SYSTEM 2 PORT DEFINITIONS

Edited by lunchbox

where is the patch for dirt fox?

im aware of the issue just havent fixed it I dont think....

also showroom has sf3 in it...it uses xbox game

I see now that all of the features of the patch were integrated into mame at ver .61, I would like to know how to integrete the port definitions, looking like this..

INPUT_PORTS_START( dirtfox )

PORT_START /* 63B05Z0 - PORT B */ \

PORT_BIT( 0x20, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_JOYSTICK_UP ) /* Gear shift up */

PORT_BIT( 0x80, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_JOYSTICK_DOWN ) /* Gear shift down */

NAMCOS2_MCU_PORT_C_DEFAULT

PORT_START /* 63B05Z0 - 8 CHANNEL ANALOG - CHANNEL 0 */

PORT_BIT( 0xff, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_UNUSED )

PORT_START /* 63B05Z0 - 8 CHANNEL ANALOG - CHANNEL 1 */

PORT_START /* 63B05Z0 - 8 CHANNEL ANALOG - CHANNEL 2 */

PORT_START /* 63B05Z0 - 8 CHANNEL ANALOG - CHANNEL 3 */

PORT_START /* 63B05Z0 - 8 CHANNEL ANALOG - CHANNEL 4 */

PORT_START /* Steering Wheel */

PORT_ANALOG( 0xff, 0x7f, IPT_DIAL|IPF_CENTER|IPF_PLAYER1, 70, 50, 0x00, 0xff )

PORT_START /* Brake pedal */

PORT_ANALOG( 0xff, 0xff, IPT_PEDAL|IPF_PLAYER2, 100, 30, 0x00, 0x7f )

PORT_START /* Accelerator pedal */

PORT_ANALOG( 0xff, 0xff, IPT_PEDAL|IPF_PLAYER1, 100, 15, 0x00, 0x7f )

PORT_START /* 63B05Z0 - PORT H */

NAMCOS2_MCU_DIPSW_DEFAULT

NAMCOS2_MCU_DIAL_DEFAULT

INPUT_PORTS_END

Should I be doing this as a PM? This way I could point you directly to the sites.

Edited by lunchbox

0.102: Mamesick and Pierpaolo Prazzoli fixed steering in Dirt Fox.

is whats needed for dirtfox....

source for mame/coinops are all over the place.....what do you want to do zerojay? submit a probper patch and prove yourself and ill give you latest if not its a waste of my time....