CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm almost certain that NBA Hangtime, NBA Maximum Hangtime and 2 on 2 NHL Open Ice - all Midway games - can all be run with sound using the older MAME core you are using for NBA Jam and Mortal Kombat. BP, if you can show me how to set it up, I'll try it myself and let you know how it worked out, or give it a shot for Inferno R3, that would be cool.

EDIT: Nevermind, came across some older posts and it's clear you're quite aware of it already.

Edited by zerojay

I'm almost certain that NBA Hangtime, NBA Maximum Hangtime and 2 on 2 NHL Open Ice - all Midway games - can all be run with sound using the older MAME core you are using for NBA Jam and Mortal Kombat. BP, if you can show me how to set it up, I'll try it myself and let you know how it worked out, or give it a shot for Inferno R3, that would be cool.

the games you mentioned actually run on mameox0.72 so that is the core that is needed if you are going to attempt it.

the games you mentioned actually run on mameox0.72 so that is the core that is needed if you are going to attempt it.

I was able to get them to work, but they played without sound, so it's no improvement on what Inferno already has, unfortunately.

Hey BP, did you lock this build so that you have to include console games? Only im installing on an xbox for my mate who only has stock HDD and hes only interested in the arcade games.

Although discussed I don't think the lock was implemented. You should go for the latest release, as it is much better than the rest.

SLOWDOWN ISSUE

its on RX build and as it offered alot more roms would have been felt.....the issue it isnt fixed in his release(which was an old build of mine) like it is on mine...

ive never seen the issue jso just need 10mins of someone that had the problems time....thanks to dballs to spend the time it was easy to find but I needed to have access to the issue...I loved the way people sent hours trying to find this and didnt come to someone that can understand the code...they had no chance as I told them the way they where trying to fault find....anyways all fixed and this is the only version without this issue of mame on the xbox

the issue has been here forever...all builds had this issue so swapping back to any build in the past would make no difference the now changed code was there from mameox days

if you have alot of games...and alot of catagories it saves these and updates the times played etc on each game boot....most hdd have no issue with this some do though....so this came about when people started using CoinOPS for so many more games than before as the fault has alwasy been there....its great to see how much this is being used and how many games people are running must be over 1500 games to get this issue...

Thanks to dballs he worked with me as he had the issue and within 10mins I had found the issue and where it lied...we had to spend a few hours of our time to make this automatic and as user friendly as possible so thanks dballs for your time....I know now for anyone from any build if they want to run mass games CoinOPS Inferno R2 onwards are the builds for you if not you will suffer slow load times on some hdd and esp on SATA converter drives by looks