CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

props to bp. after a bit of fidalling (really not much) my slow load times were solved! my coinops works fast and great now :) i believe its due to my sata to ide converter on my 1.5 tb hdd i had slow load times. thanks again. and hope that we can see a alt xbe in future updates for us with these issues :)

Reading between the lines there DBalls, it would seem you had to have an "alt xbe" written especially for your situation.

If that's the case then, no matter how many weeks/months you fiddled with the emu it was never gonna be fixed without re-writing an xbe. Not exactly a "2 minute fix". In fact nobody could have fixed that without the latest source files and as i understand things, only one person has those files ! Say no more, the truth is out there.

OK you guys are doing your stuff and not working in a team so ill go it alone again and fix what I want and add what I want :)....

Nothing new there then, perhaps others don't see it "your way or no way". I heard there's no "I" in team.

It should be a joint decision by all involved, if they want something adding they should get involved, if they aren't bothered then don't get involved. Im guessing people are keen to get involved but also understand they will be ignored anyway. See your previous post. So what's the point. You can hardly blame anyone can you ?

Take ideas from other projects (not just the media and emu's they make). Everyone talks about the projects in both a serious and joking manner. Things flow beautifully and everyone gets there ideas input somehow. People feel they can contribute with skills or ideas, members are allowed to voice their opinions whether positive or negative without reprisal.

That's how teams are formed and how they function. It's the most healthy enviroment. Good luck with your te"I"am.

LMFAO a lot.

Edited by cba.gy

I fall into the same category of this being a very "spare time" thing. I'm working on getting more MAME roms tested and up and running for those of us "old school arcade geeks". Once I have something worth bringing to the table I will, but at this point it's only a few games.

Although delivered a bit obnoxiously cba.gy has a point. Still no one (not just dogging on BP here) has given or linked me to any information on the controls issue that I mentioned or even answered me. So...where's the teamwork?

I've tested a few PSX games. These are working great so far:

Castlevania - Symphony of the Night

Mega Man X4

Mega Man X5

Mega Man X6

Mortal Kombat 4

Mortal Kombat Trilogy (sound is a little strange sometimes)

Quake II

Ridge Racer Revolution

Tekken 3

Wipeout 3 (sound is a little strange sometimes)

These are not working:

Final Doom (Freezes at the "loading..." screen)

Mega Man 8 - Anniversary Collectors Edition (the long game name isn't allowed)

Star Wars - Dark Forces (Doesn't load. Too bad, this games is fantastic!)

Worms Armageddon (Doesn't load)

I've tested a few PSX games. These are working great so far:

Castlevania - Symphony of the Night

Mega Man X4

Mega Man X5

Mega Man X6

Mortal Kombat 4

Mortal Kombat Trilogy (sound is a little strange sometimes)

Quake II

Ridge Racer Revolution

Tekken 3

Wipeout 3 (sound is a little strange sometimes)

These are not working:

Final Doom (Freezes at the "loading..." screen)

Mega Man 8 - Anniversary Collectors Edition (the long game name isn't allowed)

Star Wars - Dark Forces (Doesn't load. Too bad, this games is fantastic!)

Worms Armageddon (Doesn't load)

i dont know if you are playing off a disc or off you hdd but if you use xbmc to ftp megaman8 then that shortens the file name so it works with the fat-x 41 character limitation.

it could also be possible for you to alter the txt file in which the games are listed to a shorter name,but i am not 100% sure about that best see what bp thinks.

also looking at the pcsxbox compatibilty list megaman 8 and star wars dark forces seem to play fine,maybe you might need to use the standalone pcsxbox emulator for those 2 games.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=238506

I know Dark forces is playable in PCSXBOX, so I hope it's easy for BP to fix it in CoinOPS.

About Mega Man 8, XBMC changes the name of the game when I FTP it, and I can't seem to change the name. I'm quite new with the Xbox stuff, so it might be easy to fix.

I know Dark forces is playable in PCSXBOX, so I hope it's easy for BP to fix it in CoinOPS.

About Mega Man 8, XBMC changes the name of the game when I FTP it, and I can't seem to change the name. I'm quite new with the Xbox stuff, so it might be easy to fix.

if you have another dashboard like unleashx on your xbox then that might let you change it back to the original name.