CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see the GamesROOM done. But that's a big project that I think needs a team either way. I really hope you don't end up tackling this on your own. Compatibility is quite exceptional as is. I think anything unplayable can wait, or be played on the ole pc with a game pad. Going this route may also just drive more people to help with GamesROOM so you can continue compatibility work on their beloved game :P If you can't tell I'm also for an all in one do it all emu/media center if it's even possible. Ans who's to say it's not without trying? Keep it up BP :)

B

I'm with HyTymez on this one. I think the people who are interested in seeing more consoles in CoinOps have been waiting patiently. I'm trying to compile a MAME rom pack with some favorites that weren't in the Showroom set, and I'm guessing there are many of us on and off this forum that are tinkering with Inferno. How well people could actually be organized into a group? No idea. For me this is a "spare time" project. If I come up with something good enough I am sure I will release it into the wild.

@Xbox Junkie - Make absolutely sure the png is named properly as this will cause it not to show of course (black screen). A 1mb png file is really large, I'm guessing that your dimensions are too big. The largest working background I have been able to get is 640x480. I guess it may go bigger than that but I think when I tried it I got a black screen also. Most of the original shots from Showroom are 400x300 or 300x400.

Can anyone help me with the controller config issues I mentioned for Star Trek or at least point me in a direction? I know very little about this kind of thing, but I'm trying :)

Yup, I'm with the guys above... GamesROOM and then tackling individual games as they come up. A lot of games work out of the box (I'm thinking of N64 right now), but some need a bit of tweaking (Zelda's menus, Banjo Tooie doesn't load, etc...) but I think we can all wait :)

What you've created here is awesome and I'm willing to help any way I can! As I'm sure other will too!

Thanks for all your hard work and your continued perseverance in creating the ultimate all-in-one center!

Beau

@Xbox Junkie - Make absolutely sure the png is named properly as this will cause it not to show of course (black screen). A 1mb png file is really large, I'm guessing that your dimensions are too big. The largest working background I have been able to get is 640x480. I guess it may go bigger than that but I think when I tried it I got a black screen also. Most of the original shots from Showroom are 400x300 or 300x400.

yep, my filename is the same as the one that i opened from the hidef folder in coinops skin folder - backdrop-list.png-.

the dimensions you talk about are for sd skins from what i understand, 720 backgrounds are sized at 1280 x 720 @72dpi.

what should i try now bp..?

thanks.

msn me know you have the address :) ill fix that easy as

nothing in the skin is locked and people can look at the sources to see.. :P its all there unlike others....ps looking on xbox scene as it pulled into searchs now for CoinOPS inferno :) man this is spreading as for launching slower it will only be 50 opeations at 733 mgz this is nothing....the xbe will have to load 2 megs more as it holds 10000games more depending on hdd it wont be noticble if its a bad hdd it maybe 1 sec more...access time will be the biggest issues..this is for the above threads but they should soon be killed they can post else where but its clear this is going to be very popular and im seeing so many new faces its hard to keep up

I agree with the people above! CoinOPS runs most things great, but there are also lots of stuff that probably need to be worked on (N64_MarioTennis64 freeze for one), so let's get GamesROOM ready as soon as possible and do the rest afterwards!

OK who wants into a team and what skills do they have ill create a thread offically....and then we need to start a team....ive done most of the work... :) hint hint

oh and when I hint it normally means its in BETA...oh there I go another hint

created a new place holder thread for the new MEGA build