CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure I will find the ARCADE list helpful as well, thanks :D

I got to the control settings fine now, but there's another issue. As I mentioned I'm trying to get controls working for Star Trek.

The standard MAME configuration running on my PC gives me the following and these are the settings that work for a game controller:

Dial Analog (NONE)

Dial Dec (Left)

Dial Inc (Right)

In Analog Control sub menu

Digital Speed (10)

Autocenter (0)

Reverse (off)

Sensitivity (100%)

The problem in CoinOPS is that both the Dial Analog and the Autocenter options are not there.

There are two settings for P1 Dial which I'm assuming are the Dial Dec and Dial Inc, but without the other 2 controls to set the ship just won't stop spinning.

Unfortunately I don't see an ini file for startrek that I could mess with.

Any ideas?

I got round to trying inferno. just wanted to know though do the mame roms take longer to load up than before?

my last version i was using was reignite v5 -or something like that to many versions to remeber-.

and in that version i am sure the mame roms seemed to load a bit quicker. everything is going fine

as it should otherwise.

is the new gui going to be put in anytime soon? it would be good to have a bit more color in the background

rather than just grey. thanks.

they will take about 10percent longer to load the xbe as its bigger...and it loads each time...

havent looked at any of this stuff and ive told people what I need to happen...this stuff is just tiny things ill forget about....over time

I wish to have the KIxxx source but im sure its not the correct one....please pm me a link

new skin engine is 100 times more powerfull than the current one but 100 times harder to skin...and I havent seen many work out skinning for this one :D and its really simple...I wont be dummying down the skin interface its a highly modded xbmc skin interface, it wont be documented etc....I dont have the time or desire to do this...but it will be open to do what you want like the current one is

OK ive started this as a 5 stage project

Stage 1 - Cores (100percent)

Stage 2 - GamesROOM Best of collection (80percent done)

Stage 3 - Optomisation of core speed for selected games (not started)

Stage 4 - Core Features and global settings (not started)

Stage 5 - Insert XBMC branch for complete interface of what most people want to do on an xbox in one program/gui (90percent)

Right now im toying to swap stage 2 and 3....but I think I should do stage 3 then look at the way each of these runs and improve it if needed....if I start the other way it may go forever as there is 20,000 games

they will take about 10percent longer to load the xbe as its bigger...and it loads each time...

havent looked at any of this stuff and ive told people what I need to happen...this stuff is just tiny things ill forget about....over time

I wish to have the KIxxx source but im sure its not the correct one....please pm me a link

new skin engine is 100 times more powerfull than the current one but 100 times harder to skin...and I havent seen many work out skinning for this one :D and its really simple...I wont be dummying down the skin interface its a highly modded xbmc skin interface, it wont be documented etc....I dont have the time or desire to do this...but it will be open to do what you want like the current one is

thanks.

if i wanted to play around and make a new backgrond in coinops, do i just make a new backdrop-list.png screen

and change it with your one? will that show on tv screen normal then? any help would be good.

I have a bizzare problem... Im sure you will know whats happening. I downloaded the pointers what Fu posted, MKI1 is fine, MK2 crashes on boot, Narc loads NBA Jam, NBA Jam loads NBA TE and NBA TE loads MK2 (none are Narc)

Wierd eh?

Also unrelated PSX_MortalKombat4 runs great !

sounds like you added the wrong files to romsMIDWAY

you need

RomsMIDWAY/mk.zip

RomsMIDWAY/mk2.zip

RomsMIDWAY/narc.zip

RomsMIDWAY/nbajam.zip

RomsMIDWAY/nbajamte.zip

no more and no less.....you can add or remove the pointers but these files must be there as the point calls game 1...game 2...game 3 so if they are wrong or to many it will point to wrong game

OK fixed MK2 sound being low level, thanks fumanchu....it will be in new builds put this file into nvramMIDWAY folder in CoinOPS Inferno and it will be fixed

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L46SOLDN