CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

it will only be list of names people give me....for now I dont care how they run....the showcase ones I add will only be the ones that run flawlessish

if people want to help insert the names a full list like SNES and MD and GBA etc can be added....right now only 100 or so C64 game names are added....its a 5 second job to add games now....this stuff will be up to you...ill be doing my own ShowROOM kind of thing if you want something added it just needs to be asked and ill add it to the cores

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looked into amiga core and decided it wont be CoinOPS ease to play with so the core is remed out...

looked into openbor and it all looks hacky to me so decided not to port the core....

once again only a few days to have your say on cores or its locked down to what me and a few others have decided is the best fit to what I they and the average joe want to play....

Ill insert the Pixel perfect stuff for final burn core and maybe the other cores when I get help testing it...its written and running just needs cos or phil to test it out. its easy to do and all automatic no fluffing around eg same as CoinOPS

Sounds great, I'd be glad to help. :P I'll be on vacation until mid-September though, so it will have to be after then. I'm sure Cos will be around though. I'll let him know to hit you up.

Improvements are looking good. Thanks again!

Cheers

Hey BP, all sounds good (other than openbor :P ).

You may remember i asked before if you could add some sort of list to coinops for all the arcade games suported, giving the rom name and game name, maybe even telling which roms are parents and clones so we know whats safe to remove without breaking something else. Any chance of this or would it be to much hassle to do? Also i believe you said you may look at save states, any news on this?

it will only be list of names people give me....for now I dont care how they run....the showcase ones I add will only be the ones that run flawlessish

Am i right in understanding that you will be releasing another showroom pack that includes N64 and PSX games that are set up and seem to run perfectly?

So then if we add other games ourselves from the suported games list will they just be run from the cores default settings, and its simply a case of if they work they work?

Edited by pookie75

what will be in ShowROOM will be discussed later not many PSX games id say....but anyone can make a 100 gig pack at any time.....ummm the list of games etc ill make at some time and save states is in the to think about and see if people want it state....would only take an hour or 2 to add it....all these subjects are the stuff that will be worked on in the future...right now the features are getting close to lock down....then its in a phase of perfecting what we have....im happy it plays the games I want it to for most people....now it will be the case of optomising it

I'm definitely interested in Save States... for both arcade and consoles/handhelds.

Also, I've noticed a lot of GBA games running pretty slow, is there a trick to getting them to run smoother with CoinOPS? I'm not sure how hard it would be to add some GBA config menus, but that might be something worth looking into?

I love CoinOPS!! My wife on the other hand... doesn't... I haven't been to bed at a decent time 2 weeks :P

Thank you BP!

momaw27

no worries....save states is on the todo list and will probably make it in...ill decide the best way...

ummm gba can slowdown :P sorry about that its just the nature of the low power xbox and an unoptimised core....

what do you most want to see momaw27? a few hunderd more arcade games and a few 1000s console games?? if you do hang around and you can help decide what titles people want to play in the all in one experiece CoinOPS is....

im seeing so many people now wanting to experience most of there consoles in the all in one experince of CoinOPS and I welcome you and tank you for giving things a go.....I would recommend you gather numbers and we can all together make a true great experience for anyone to use without having to write huge manuals or scare anyone with daughting features and lists of configs and controls....

so welcome and thanks I do notice that although the support isnt good elsewhere there is alot of CoinOPS stuff around and im sorry I dont have the time to help everywhere its needed and in fact at times people have wanted me to stop helping you guys...but I truely do believe in CoinOPS and that it provides a great experince for the casual market and shouldnt put off the hard core to much as well...I love it and use it daily and it has replaced my desire to dive into other emulators from time to time to play my favorite games....to the point now when I load them im confused myself by how to use or operate them well and put off by them to tell the truth....

Peace all....ill try and give you some more info on the new CoinOPS soon as its all done I just have to put a final build together and a plan on where CoinOPS xxxx should go

Hey BP!

Thanks for the awesome reply!

I'm here for the long haul and want to support you in anyway I can to help things keep moving.

I too believe in CoinOPS and think its the best all-in-one around.

I'll start making a list of GBA games I'd like to see run at close to full speed and then pass them on to you for inclusion at some later point... No rush at all... truth is, I have way too many games I need to play through as it is... but that's the point really isn't is? Having so many games that at any given point in time there's something you want to play.

I'd also like to throw my vote in for CD support (especially SEGA CD and PCE-CD) I'm a sucker for FMV games (I know... but they're AWESOME... I'm old school... I still get excited when I hear computer games talk....)

Thanks for all you do and if I can help at all just let me know.

momaw27