CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there,

I'm guessing that this issue is mostly caused by the HD. There is no reason why you should still have a stock in there anyway, so I'd recommend upgrading.

I would avoid SATA as they have weird slowdown at times with converters. With most emulators, this doesn't matter much. However, emulators such as CoinOps and Surreal this becomes more apparent due to the way they launch multiple XBEs. (This is when the slowdown happens)

There is a 500 Gb HD on NewEgg that looks pretty good to me:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16822136142

I didn't check to see if it locks or not, but honestly, that's pretty pointless now that Xbox Live is dead. Not having to lock is awesome. You can just swap out HDs whenever and have them work without issue. :rolleyes:

Also, I tested CoinOps Reignite Lite on an IDE and there wasn't the extreme slowdown present before. There is a 1 or maybe 1 and half second pause when you see the screen freeze when the rom is selected, but its not awful. As BP said, he will look at this sometime in the future.

Anyway, good luck.

what version xbox is it ? how is modded ? what bios ?

I dont know which Xbox version I have. The MFG date is 2005/04/13, so I guess it should be a 1.6 . It is modded with an Aladdin and the bios is EvoX.

well i dont know if you need to reformat your drive,seeing as bendermameox loads up the games quicker.but anyway seeing as you xbox is chipped you could just download the slayers auto installer disc 2.7.

with this disc you can basically reformat your xbox hdd.just dont go ahead and reformat your hdd just yet as that miht not be the problem.

Do you have any idea of what could be the problem if it is not the HD? I'm thinking of buying a new one which should be faster. By the way, is it possible to use SATA drive in the Xbox?

Edited by PhilExile

Got this on UG forums :

Well, no bug perse, but i noticed that when switching 'core' to fba, the screen goes blurry (screensoftening is turned on i think). Also, when using the 'perfect screen' ratios, 'fba games' don`t work anymore..

might be nice to have perfect ratio all over...

Edited by grr

ill be finishing ShowROOM and as usual ive had to do most of the stuff myself...as you can see before the xtras people offered alot of banter but no real help....but its ok although ive got a new GF who takes time and a promotion the xtras stuff actually doesnt take to long....so its progressing very quickly...after ShowROOM ill start with features and get alot of the xtra beta stuff inserted and running 100percent untill then its all in BETA...no one likes bugs

if the xtras people have issues with this its plainly obvious I was requesting help and it is obvious they dont want to or if they do want control...but they cant serously have issues with what the outcome will be when they didnt step up....so they get no say as usual...they believe its me when it very obvious that its them....I know they dont like things not going there way and want respect or something but I know they are a disfuctional team that is blinded to themselves about things...but still I asked for help and still they stood around so in the end its them that have no say into the events that go forward... but people like cba will tell you whats happening when clearly has no intention to help you guys and just wants you guys to suffer with him.....they have no idea and I know this...and actually they know this....deep down...but still they lie about things...

most sources including most of xports stuff is modded from someone elses....I dont see any madmab sources....so people could help remove the tonnes of bugs he has....:P and you support all he does yet say I dont release sources when my are released many times and dont have the bugs....you still dont believe I dont want his stuff when cleary I would have no interest in his stuff but anyways.....

its good to see the numbers climbing....hoping in and there will soon be the next milestone....and I can look forward to new features and new supported games.......its good to see that although there is many haters....the numbers grow towards this....I do welcome true support and look forward to better days :)

After checking my wanted lists, I come to 240 games that I think should be added to ShowROOM

FOLDER Roms - SNES - category

CATEGORY Action

Q-bert 3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CATEGORY Beat em up

Batman Returns

Battletoads in Battlemaniacs

Final Fight

Final Fight 2

Final Fight 3

Pirates of Dark Water, The

Spider-Man & Venom - Maximum Carnage

Spider-Man & Venom - Separation Anxiety

Super Double Dragon

Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles IV - Turtles in Time

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CATEGORY Fighter

Brutal - Paws of Fury

Clay Fighter - Tournament Edition

Clay Fighter

Clay Fighter 2 - Judgment Clay

Double Dragon V - The Shadow Falls

Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles - Tournament Fighters

CATEGORY Racing

Super Mario Kart (Rev 0A)

CATEGORY Shoot em up

Cybernator

Megaman VII

Megaman X

Megaman X2

Megaman X3

Rendering Ranger: R2

Super Metroid

Super Star Wars

Super Turrican

Super Turrican 2

CATEGORY Shooter flying

Axelay

BlaZeon - The Bio-Cyborg Challenge

Jungle Strike

Raiden Trad

R-Type III - The Third Lightning

Space Megaforce (Super Aleste in EU)

Strike Gunner S.T.G

Super Nova

Super R-Type

CATEGORY Puzzle

Super Bomberman

Super Bomberman 2

Super Bomberman 3

CATEGORY Platform action

Castlevania - Vampire's Kiss

Super Castlevania IV

Wolverine - Adamantium Rage

X-Men - Mutant Apocalypse

CATEGORY Platform

Addams Family

Aladdin

American Tail, An - Fievel Goes West

Animaniacs

Asterix & Obelix

Bubsy II

Bubsy in Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind

Bugs Bunny in Rabbit Rampage

Congo's Caper

Daffy Duck - The Marvin Missions

Donald in Maui Mallard

Donkey Kong Country (Rev A)

Donkey Kong Country 2 - Diddy's Kong Quest (Rev A)

Donkey Kong Country 3 - Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!

Earthworm Jim

Earthworm Jim 2

Flashback

Flintstones, The (En,Fr,De,Es,It)

Jelly Boy

Jungle Book, The

Kirby's Fun Pak

Lion King, The

Lost Vikings II, The

Lost Vikings, The

Lucky Luke

Magic Boy

Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse, The (Rev A)

Mickey Mania - The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse

Out of This World

Pink Panther in Pink Goes to Hollywood

Pinocchio

Pitfall - The Mayan Adventure

Plok

Pop'n TwinBee - Rainbow Bell Adventures

Putty Squad

Realm

Smurfs 2, The

Smurfs, The (En,Fr,De,Es,It)

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (World) (Unl)

Sparkster

Speedy Gonzales in Los Gatos Bandidos (Rev A)

Super Adventure Island

Super Adventure Island II

Super Bonk

Super Mario All-Stars

Super Mario World (Rev A)

Super Mario World 2 - Yoshi's Island (Rev A)

Tiny Toon Adventures - Buster Busts Loose!

Yogi Bear

Zero the Kamikaze Squirrel

Zool - Ninja of the Nth Dimension

total 95

FOLDER Roms - GEN - category

CATEGORY Beat em up

Adventures of Batman & Robin, The

Battletoads

Comix Zone

Spider-Man and Venom - Maximum Carnage

Spider-Man and Venom - Separation Anxiety

Splatterhouse 2

Splatterhouse 3

Streets of Rage 2

Streets of Rage 3

Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles - The Hyperstone Heist

CATEGORY Fighter

Double Dragon V - The Shadow Falls

CATEGORY Shoot em up

Alien Soldier

Contra - Hard Corps

Dinosaurs For Hire

Gunstar Heroes

Mega Turrican

Megaman - The Wily Wars

MUSHA - Metallic Uniframe Super Hybrid Armor

Rolling Thunder 3

Turrican

CATEGORY Shooter flying

Cross Fire

Eliminate Down

Gaiares

Gley Lancer

Super Fantasy Zone

Thunder Force II

Thunder Force III / Thunder Spirits

Thunder Force IV / Lightening Force

CATEGORY Puzzle

Mega Bomberman

CATEGORY Platform action

Castlevania - Bloodlines

Castlevania - The New Generation

Revenge of Shinobi, The (Rev B)

Shadow Dancer - The Secret of Shinobi

Shinobi III - Return of the Ninja Master

X-Men

X-Men 2 - Clone Wars

CATEGORY Platform

Aladdin

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle

Asterix and the Great Rescue

Asterix and the Power of the Gods

Bubble and Squeak

Bugs Bunny in Double Trouble

Castle of Illusion

Chiki Chiki Boys

Chuck Rock

Chuck Rock II - Son of Chuck

Daffy Duck in Hollywood

DecapAttack

Dynamite Headdy

Fantastic Dizzy

Flink

Garfield - Caught in the Act

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Jungle Book, The

Kid Chameleon

Marsupilami

Puggsy

Pulseman

QuackShot Starring Donald Duck ~ QuackShot - Guruzia Ou no Hihou (v1.1)

Ristar (September 1994)

Rocket Knight Adventures

Rolo to the Rescue

Smurfs Travel the World, The

Sonic & Knuckles

Sonic 3D Blast

Sonic the Hedgehog

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Rev A)

Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Sylvester & Tweety in Cagey Capers

Taz-Mania

Todd's Adventures in Slime World

Toejam and Earl

ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron

Tiny Toon Adventures - Buster's Hidden Treasure

Win N' Liz

World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck

total 72

FOLDER Roms - TG16 - category

CATEGORY Shooter flying

Aero Blasters

Air Zonk

Blazing Lazers

Cyber Core

Dead Moon

Magical Chase

Psychosis

Sinistron

Soldier Blade

Super Star Soldier

CATEGORY Platform action

Legendary Axe II

Legendary Axe

CATEGORY Platform

Bonk III

Bonks Adventure

Bonks Revenge

Darkwing Duck

Impossamole

J.J. & Jeff

Keith Courage

New Adventure Island

Somer Assault

TaleSpin

Total 22

FOLDER Roms - NES - category

CATEGORY Shoot em up

Bionic Commando

Mega Man 2

Mega Man 3

Mega Man 4

Mega Man 5

Mega Man

CATEGORY Shooter flying

Crisis Force

Gun Nac

Zanac

CATEGORY Action

Boulder Dash

CATEGORY Platform action

Castlevania II - Simons Quest

Castlevania III - Draculas Curse

CATEGORY Platform

Asterix

Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers 2

Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers

Darkwing Duck

Duck Tales 2

Duck Tales

Kirbys Adventure

Kiwi Kraze

Little Samson

Rockin' Kats

Super Mario Bros 2

Super Mario Bros 3

Super Mario Bros

Total 25

FOLDER Roms - SMS - category

FOLDER Platform

Asterix and the Secret Mission

Alex Kidd: High-Tech World

Alex Kidd in Miracle World

Alex Kidd in Shinobi World

Deep Duck Trouble starring Donald Duck

Legend of Illusion

Land of Illusion

Psycho Fox

Sonic the Hedgehog Chaos

Lucky Dime Caper starring Donald Duck

Total 10

FOLDER ROMS - LYNX

FOLDER Action

Zarlor Mercenary

FOLDER Platform

Scrapyard Dog

Total 2

Also, for CD-based games, i want these :

FOLDER TG-CD

CATEGORY Shooter flying

Gate of Thunder

Sapphire (Ginga Fukei Densetsu: Sapphire)

Spriggan (Seirei Senshi Spriggan)

Spriggan Mark 2

Super Air Zonk

Super Raiden

Terraforming

FOLDER ROMS - SEGA CD

CATEGORY Beat em up

Final Fight CD

CATEGORY Shooter flying

Android Assault/Bari Arm

Lords of Thunder

Robo Aleste

CATEGORY Platform

Earthworm Jim - Special Edition

Mickey Mania

Sonic CD

Total 7

NOTE : where you see a title in the lists of more then 1 system, you can safely assume that it is NOT the same game.

(example: Jungle book on SNES and MegaDrive are different games)

Edited by grr

Between my job, my wife with broken leg, my kids and the art-foundation that needs to deliver 20 mosaic artworks for the start of the "Tour de France",

I have little time to spare, but I'll try to log into the convo on sunday

if the xtras people have issues with this its plainly obvious I was requesting help and it is obvious they dont want to or if they do want control...but they cant serously have issues with what the outcome will be when they didnt step up....so they get no say as usual...they believe its me when it very obvious that its them....I know they dont like things not going there way and want respect or something but I know they are a disfuctional team that is blinded to themselves about things...but still I asked for help and still they stood around so in the end its them that have no say into the events that go forward... but people like cba will tell you whats happening when clearly has no intention to help you guys and just wants you guys to suffer with him.....they have no idea and I know this...and actually they know this....deep down...but still they lie about things...

most sources including most of xports stuff is modded from someone elses....I dont see any madmab sources....so people could help remove the tonnes of bugs he has....:P and you support all he does yet say I dont release sources when my are released many times and dont have the bugs....you still dont believe I dont want his stuff when cleary I would have no interest in his stuff but anyways.....

its good to see the numbers climbing....hoping in and there will soon be the next milestone....and I can look forward to new features and new supported games.......its good to see that although there is many haters....the numbers grow towards this....I do welcome true support and look forward to better days :)

Stop wasting forum space with this rubbish. Stay on topic.

Stop wasting forum space with this rubbish. Stay on topic.

Please take it seriously, this is about programming.

Edited by waal

Got this reported on UG forums :

I find a bug trying to run Gals Panic S and Groove on fight if the emu can't find the bios just report in the usual screen but if the bios is found the emu freeze, I find this issue with several bios like the crystal of kings and the crystal bios