CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

10 minutes or even 1 minute is too long to wait. It sounds like something else is the problem here. Could you let us know what your configuration is? AKA: hard drive type, dashboard, etc.

Hi, I am a new user of CoinOPS Reignite X. I have never used any other Mame emulator before trying this one. I sent everything by FTP to my Xbox and CoinOPS installed fine. I have added Roms and I see them in my game list. The problem I have is that it takes at least between 5 and 10 minutes to load a game. I am not playing big games, for now I tried games like 1941, 1942, things like that. I tried to install older version of Coinops to see if it would work better, but I had no chance, still long loading times. So, I decided to try another emulator, I installed BenderMameOX. With this one, the same games with the same roms are loading much faster, less than 1 minute.

Do you have any ideas why Coinops takes so long to load games?? Thanks in advance

I am using the original Xbox HDD 8GB(its the Seagate). I have no memory upgrade, so 64MB only.

Dashboard is UnleashX 0.38.0515A Build 565

Do you need anything else?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if that's the issue. Maybe the HD is beginning to fail. (It could be 8 years old at this point)

I would try to reformat the HD and reload a more recent dash, like XBMC and then reinstall CoinOps and see if that solves your issue. Try it with BenderMAME as well.

Good luck

10 minutes or even 1 minute is too long to wait. It sounds like something else is the problem here. Could you let us know what your configuration is? AKA: hard drive type, dashboard, etc.

Hi, I am a new user of CoinOPS Reignite X. I have never used any other Mame emulator before trying this one. I sent everything by FTP to my Xbox and CoinOPS installed fine. I have added Roms and I see them in my game list. The problem I have is that it takes at least between 5 and 10 minutes to load a game. I am not playing big games, for now I tried games like 1941, 1942, things like that. I tried to install older version of Coinops to see if it would work better, but I had no chance, still long loading times. So, I decided to try another emulator, I installed BenderMameOX. With this one, the same games with the same roms are loading much faster, less than 1 minute.

Do you have any ideas why Coinops takes so long to load games?? Thanks in advance

I am using the original Xbox HDD 8GB(its the Seagate). I have no memory upgrade, so 64MB only.

what version xbox is it ? how is modded ? what bios ?

I wonder if that's the issue. Maybe the HD is beginning to fail. (It could be 8 years old at this point)

I would try to reformat the HD and reload a more recent dash, like XBMC and then reinstall CoinOps and see if that solves your issue. Try it with BenderMAME as well.

Good luck

If I buy a new hard drive for my Xbox. Is any IDE drive compatible with the Xbox or do I need a special model?

I dont know which Xbox version I have. The MFG date is 2005/04/13, so I guess it should be a 1.6 . It is modded with an Aladdin and the bios is EvoX.

well i dont know if you need to reformat your drive,seeing as bendermameox loads up the games quicker.but anyway seeing as you xbox is chipped you could just download the slayers auto installer disc 2.7.

with this disc you can basically reformat your xbox hdd.just dont go ahead and reformat your hdd just yet as that miht not be the problem.

I dont know which Xbox version I have. The MFG date is 2005/04/13, so I guess it should be a 1.6 . It is modded with an Aladdin and the bios is EvoX.

well i dont know if you need to reformat your drive,seeing as bendermameox loads up the games quicker.but anyway seeing as you xbox is chipped you could just download the slayers auto installer disc 2.7.

with this disc you can basically reformat your xbox hdd.just dont go ahead and reformat your hdd just yet as that miht not be the problem.

Do you have any idea of what could be the problem if it is not the HD? I'm thinking of buying a new one which should be faster. By the way, is it possible to use SATA drive in the Xbox?

(XBOX) you are wrong as usual but welcome...why do you come and complain everyone thinks your wrong and comes here.....why not prove me wrong.....or you can come and tell me im wrong when I own you so badly it doesnt even feel like a race :rolleyes: do something and stop trying to seek my approval I think you guys are newbes with axes to grind....but get some self worth guys and stop begging for me to approve your stuff....

create something release it and people will follow otherwise you just come across as pathetic and why would anyone listen to people with low self esteme.....why dont you call me names or say you have booger face... :D

right now im not looking into the HDD issue I will in time ... but at present im redoing all the xtras as I think they are Mixed bad some great and alot Crap with a capital C :) people with low self esteme will love that comment im sure...... I think they think im joking and wasting my time (I asked them for help but they show stuff and dont help and also they just take forever to produce stuff plus they are just plain idots at times and cant see obvious stuff....so ill just do it myself its pretty easy)...but its what I think and its my time to waste...and I only do it because I look at it and go oh my god that has to be fixed I cant live with that

deciding the console games to add at present....there alot of communication and it ranges from 100 best console games to 500.....I have nearly 150 done and im wondering if I should include alot more non arcadey console games or non top console games....theres a nice best of done now with all the bigger names in SNES and MDrive mainly

deciding the console games to add at present....there alot of communication and it ranges from 100 best console games to 500.....I have nearly 150 done and im wondering if I should include alot more non arcadey console games or non top console games....theres a nice best of done now with all the bigger names in SNES and MDrive mainly

PLEASE put E.V.O Search for Eden on there, it is highly underated... I spent hours playing that as a kid.... Its a great game :rolleyes:

its a SNES game

Edited by ace9094