CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

cheers ace that worked well and is easy....do you have a mdrive one as well?

ace I can only do these at 256x225 i cant change the cfg to 640x480 or it fails :D any ideas?

Sorry BP,

I have no other version of this, and I also have no idea how to change the settings. :(

I will look online for a megadrive version version for you.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gotten all of RX's xtras with videos for arcade. i installed coinops reignite X. there are about 1717 arcade games.

However, coinops loads games very very slowly. from when i click on a game it hangs at the frozen rom browser for 20 seconds then it goes blank for 25 seconds and finally at ~50 secs to a minute the game is ready to play.

also when i choose reboot xbox from the options menu it takes seemingly as long to exit out of coinops.

the rest works fine! the emu loads very fast. idk. any thoughts as to why this is happening?

Edited by dballs

I've gotten all of RX's xtras with videos for arcade. i installed coinops reignite X. there are about 1717 arcade games.

However, coinops loads games very very slowly. from when i click on a game it hangs at the frozen rom browser for 20 seconds then it goes blank for 25 seconds and finally at ~50 secs to a minute the game is ready to play.

also when i choose reboot xbox from the options menu it takes seemingly as long to exit out of coinops.

the rest works fine! the emu loads very fast. idk. any thoughts as to why this is happening?

I have a put coinops 5 xboxes for friends, This only happens on xboxes I done with standard Hard drive in, all the others I have with upgraded Hard Drives seem to run just fine.

hope that helps in some way...

Edited by ace9094

i have a 1.5 tb sata hd with adpater. so maybe yes maybe no. i suppose it could be hd related. showcase one with r5 worked fine. all other emu's load games fine.

Hmmm dunno then dbass mate, it was just an observation i noticed with stock hdd's

( ps 1.5TB, WOW i gotta get me one, but misses car in for MOT this month so its on hold :( gutted, still next month :D )

Hi,

I have the same exact issues and I too am using a SATA HD & RX's romset. In other versions of CoinOps, I didn't have this issue. I don't think the additional lag is caused by us storing the ROMs someplace other than the default location or the romset themselves. I tried using my original Showcase romset in the default location and the same lag was present.

I do think that the issue lies with our SATA HDs, but something must have changed slightly in the code for this issue to become so pronounced.

BP, is this something you could look at for us? I could help you test if necessary.

Thanks,

Phil

Hi,

I have the same exact issues and I too am using a SATA HD & RX's romset. In other versions of CoinOps, I didn't have this issue. I don't think the additional lag is caused by us storing the ROMs someplace other than the default location or the romset themselves. I tried using my original Showcase romset in the default location and the same lag was present.

I do think that the issue lies with our SATA HDs, but something must have changed slightly in the code for this issue to become so pronounced.

BP, is this something you could look at for us? I could help you test if necessary.

Thanks,

Phil

i have all the videos and roms in the default folders in coinops and i get this problem.

yea if there is anything i can do to debug it let me know.

Hmmm, its odd. Since both of use have SATAs though, I'm sure that's the part of the issue. Here is the converter I'm using:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12537

BP, could you take a peak at the launching (I think that's the name for it...) code and let us know if anything is different from previous versions of the emu that may be causing this issue?

Thanks

ive told you a million times rx stuff is buggy as and yes it can cause many many issues as things arnt done right at a base level...i wont be able to determine the reason as ill never load it...ive seen 100s of bugs that would be introduced and I mean 100s....so the answer is good luck let people know if you figure it out....I only support my builds and I know everything is taken care of properly and I can see that isnt the case in RX builds everything is kind of slapped in there...you can ague it if you want but the proof is there for those that wont to play with it...theres alot to mame that isnt apparent as phil now knows a little more he can suddenly load alot more games :D...please can someone enlight the people in xbox scene to use my build as rx will introduce alot more issues than what is mentioned above...I dont want to go into them as there are so many...some are catagories...naming...virtual mem....non volitle ram....parent cloning....key mapping...sensitivity of analog controls...and alot more.... please let them know....I have this stuff being attached to my name as I know its not done anywhere to my level...he was just lucky he used my 1300 game dats and I had fixed all that stuff or else it would have been a dogs breakfast.....this isnt to cause issues...it will cause me issues im sure and why I say

IM NOT SUPPORTING OTHER VERSIONS PLEASE STICK TO PROPER VERSION OR ELSE YOUR ON YOUR OWN....I DID PROPER VERSION TO STOP THIS STUFF....EG SHOWCASE OUT FOR 18MONTH NO REPORTED BUGS...this doesnt happen by accident like people think there is alot of TLC behind the product to make this happen.....please listen or else ill add you to my ignor list....as it causes me more work than I need to do and I need to press forward not look backwards....get on with the proper project or esle you will see its a mine field this stuff

ive made about 50 videos in xvid does anyone want to convert them to wmv for me :( so they can go into xmv.....:) ill be doing more the xtras really wherent good enough for ShowROOM in alot of places....

please dont scold me for this I can see the diff and its really easy to see the diff on an hd screen...with such large previews as CoinOPS has

Peace