CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

If I read what you are saying correctly you are saying fbl is not coded for 128mgs of ram but coinops is and when launched threw it you can play full speed.

Maybe so.

It is the video players in xbmc that can't get to the extra ram.

Whenever you launch an xbe threw xbmc you are then running off that xbe. Only one xbe can run at a time. Same goes for coinops when you launch into another core you are in that core at that time not coinops. BP has just managed to get the cores to default back to coinops at the same place in the rom list where as xbmc does a cold boot with cutfiles.

It may appear you never leave coinops but you do.

All versions of the n64 version don't have the problem. It is just one certain build that does.

I will have to get fbl to try. I don't run it I still run cpx3

Edited by run088

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

latest coinops/flb cores/xbmc is coded to 64m/128m/256m/512m/1gig/2gig/4gig of ram detection and alot more works now for those systems....more than what is listed here...and my xbmc goes back to the position it was in not the home page with splash....also the ram management never leaves once coinops is booted....as people have seen....unless an app tells it to...but all my cores are patched to run maybe I need to called it CoinOPS 128hk with Final Burn 128hk lol just joking I did this ages ago and ported the stuff over to everything else...xport stuff made that so easy as its just a common file that is the same in every emu and final burn stuff was just as easy

anyways I fixed memory management for non standard xboxs, alot is fixed and I know of more stuff ... there will be more stuff fixed as well.... try something like desert breakers or any stuff that used to say out of mem though CoinOPS :) not though Final Burn legends...just dont tell anyone I told you this....theres more stuff thats in there that I use that isnt doccumented to run games as well...

PS-added Snow Bros 3 to CoinOPS I didnt know it didnt support it...works full speed

Does your xbmc build have the same issue as gamester17 xbmc project manager describes with this post in the xbmc forum

"64MB RAM memory upgrade to 128MB RAM memory will not be of much benefit to XBMC during video playback (nor for music with visualization) as XBMC's MPlayer and DVDPlayer cores are not designed to take advantage of the extra the extra memory. (They are however designed to take advanta of a faster 1.4GHz CPU if available)."

Butcher xbmc developer goes into a little about it here

cpu draw - too slow.

blitter chip - no, all memory copies are done via the cpu (usually 4 or 8 bytes at a time).

moving a block from the low bank to the high bank will only occur during an allocation - if you try to allocate low memory and there isn't any it'll move a block of possible (slowly).

nor sure on enabling access. the xbox memory controller is on the gpu so it has hardware access to all 128mb. however the xdk functions to allocate memory for the gpu will not allocate memory from the upper 64mb. it would basically mean rewriting the memory management subsystem entirely to enable it's use. bios flashing won't help at all.

he says a little more here

the gnu libs do not work on xbox. currently xbmc emulates all gnu library calls via the xdk to obtain proper behaviour from mplayer (including malloc/free). memory allocated for use in gnu code can be from the upper or lower 64mb, however it is not accessable by the gpu directly.

and here

the extra 64mb ram in the xbox cannot be used for picture or video display purposes as the graphics card has no access to it. you don't really gain much from it.

There is also some seemingly useful post from some other xbmc devs in this thread it is like 14 pages

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=6165&page=14

Edited by run088

latest coinops/flb cores/xbmc is coded to 64m/128m/256m/512m/1gig/2gig/4gig of ram detection and alot more works now for those systems....more than what is listed here...and my xbmc goes back to the position it was in not the home page with splash....also the ram management never leaves once coinops is booted....as people have seen....unless an app tells it to...but all my cores are patched to run maybe I need to called it CoinOPS 128hk with Final Burn 128hk lol just joking I did this ages ago and ported the stuff over to everything else...xport stuff made that so easy as its just a common file that is the same in every emu and final burn stuff was just as easy

anyways I fixed memory management for non standard xboxs, alot is fixed and I know of more stuff ... there will be more stuff fixed as well.... try something like desert breakers or any stuff that used to say out of mem though CoinOPS :) not though Final Burn legends...just dont tell anyone I told you this....theres more stuff thats in there that I use that isnt doccumented to run games as well...

PS-added Snow Bros 3 to CoinOPS I didnt know it didnt support it...works full speed

looks like your using an OLD mame core because Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder still has MASSIVE graphic glitches

anyway you can "ADD" a fix to that game its one of the BEST mame games ever and to date i DONT think any emulator on the xbox runs it without glitches

by the way YOUR THE MAN!

EDIT: here is the driver info

http://www.arcadehits.net/datObase/rom.php?zip=ga2

Edited by BritneysPAIRSisaGOD

HI BP IS IT POSSIBLE TO CONSIDER THIS LOOK FOR SHOWCASE TELL ME WHAT U THINK KymaeraPM3skin-r1.jpg

I like that STYLE of look, Marquee, Poster, Cabinet.... A better font and its good to go....

Selectable skins like on FBL and a just a whole selection of skins and people can pick the one they want.

I like the idea

I hope BP can do it or something simular

I think if the pics were taken off the left and the game list was moved to the left in a smaller font that went farther down the page than it currently does so more games can be displayed.

Then in that current bigger font have the different systems listed on the right. And functionality when you shifted the system slide on the right so that the games for that system would appear on the left.

The game demo running in the virtual cab with its banner across the top. A generic one could then be made for each console or handheld system.

Maybe across the bottom ribbon or somewhere across the top ribbon that now displays mame you can add for the labels that have already been put into coinops such 1v1 or 1st person shooters etc.

Most of systems and years have been done for coinops romlist so it could remain the same.

My take on it anyway. I personally think that scheme has potential.

HI BP IS IT POSSIBLE TO CONSIDER THIS LOOK FOR SHOWCASE TELL ME WHAT U THINK KymaeraPM3skin-r1.jpg

I like that STYLE of look, Marquee, Poster, Cabinet.... A better font and its good to go....

Selectable skins like on FBL and a just a whole selection of skins and people can pick the one they want.

I like the idea

I hope BP can do it or something simular

Also I could make artwork for missing posters and Marquee's in paintshop pro, and you could use a single generic cabinet for missing cabinets

1 -

aaaaos.jpg

I love the idea of a sleak looking coverflow. :)

If you can pull that off so it works with Xbox games and all games emulated and video and music (with image-scraping if no images are supplied),

and have the benefits of XBMC, then it'll not only be the most used emulator on my Xbox,

but it will then also be my primary dashboard from that day on.

I love coverflow on the Wii too.

I hope you can take a look in that direction,

and allow for multiple display modes like found on Wiiflow and USBloaderGX

(List + cover / Horizontal coverflow / Double horizontal / Triple horizontal / Horizontal Carrousel (or wheel) / Vertical Carrousel (or wheel) / 3D variants as seen in Wiiflow)

Wiiflow video's here : http://wiiflow.wiitdb.com/videos.htm

USBloaderGX video here :

Since forwarding VC/WiiWare/Emulated games to coverflow is new on Wii, all loaders lack possibilities to seperate various categories at this point in time.

But a coverflow looking like Wiiflow/USBloaderGX with the possibility to have different "sets" of games displayed (like Xbox games, CoinOPS MAME, CoinOPS SNES, CoinOPS MEGADRIVE etc etc etc) would be a straight winner for "best UI/frontend for xbox ever" !

2 - I like CoinOPS UI as it was for showcase

3 - I like XBMC Icons and Wide Icons looks

4 - Like I said in a previous post : I love Hyperspin looks and feel for games

5-

I like a more informative skin like that as well, but like others already said,

a different font would be needed.

In conclusion :

I know I'm asking for the impossible, and I've read that you don't like skinning, so I'm not expecting anything,

but basicly I would want a CoinOPS/XBMC/Coverflow/Hyperspin hybrid.

Offering XBMC Icons/Wide icons modes, Coverflow in various modes , Hyperspin like wheels and the "old" CoinOPS Showcase UI.

Furthermore, allowing "custom" skins for the whole thing and/or specific sections would satisfy other peoples needs to have a skin like carlo3d posted,

without forcing it on people that don't want it.