CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I set up a fake boot on startup of the default.xbe of coinops then hold down a to boot xbmc to get what ever magic that xbe does to a 128mb xbox then i can launch all cps3 games from a .cut file. help anybody know where I can get xmv movies of all cps3 games, killer instinct games, run and gun and monster maulers.

it does...CoinOPS runs

CPS1,2,3 in both mame and fba cores

all mame

all snes

all megadrive

and the answer is final burn doesnt play cps3 properly you must launch it tohugh coinops or it wont play properly

well once you add the midway drivers i am sure i will MASSIVELY enjoy playing ultimate mk 3 with full speed and sound man all u have to say is WOW.......... :);)

I set up a fake boot on startup of the default.xbe of coinops then hold down a to boot xbmc to get what ever magic that xbe does to a 128mb xbox then i can launch all cps3 games from a .cut file. help anybody know where I can get xmv movies of all cps3 games, killer instinct games, run and gun and monster maulers.

XBMC cannot use extra ram itself. XBMC will crash if ram runs higher than 64mgs. The extra ram is wired in different than the original 64 is. Coinops might be able to use it but xbmc can't.

Search the xbmc forum you will find dozens of threads about it or more.

If I am not mistaken I think the cpu has access to the 1st 64mgs and the gpu has access to the extra 64mgs.

It is said the ram upgrade helps emulation but I disagree. I am pretty sure xbmc can't use it because of something to do with the bios and if that is the case I don't see how it could work on emulators and not work on xbmc.

To be honest the ram upgrade only benefits linux.

This is the info I give to people before I agree to install their extra ram. I think outside trusty I am the only active member left on X-S that offers the ram upgrade service. I don't advertise it because it causes to many pms of people blowing smoke up my ass telling me they are going to get it. People wanting the upgrade usually find me.

This is my take but if people still want it after I tell them this I don't have a problem taking their money and doing the install for them. I do it because I like to do the install and I am one of the only people who can do it not because it is something that will enhance the gaming experience.

128mb helps in emulation because i also have a 64mb box and lots of emulators run much better on the 128mb box plus fbl runs cps3 roms which it doesnt on 64mb box. i did the mod myself and was thinking bout double stacking ram chips on one board just to see if i could get 256mb.

Would that really work?

128mb helps in emulation because i also have a 64mb box and lots of emulators run much better on the 128mb box plus fbl runs cps3 roms which it doesnt on 64mb box. i did the mod myself and was thinking bout double stacking ram chips on one board just to see if i could get 256mb.

Ram causes one of the n64 builds not to launch games. I think it might be the build that came out with cmdline launching either on all games or games that were a certain size. I don't remember exactly it has been so long since I looked at it.

I also believe there are ram chip bigger than 16mgs out there in the same package design. I don't know how to find them but they are out there.

Before samsung got the xbox contract another company had it. I read an article by that companys ceo that described them. That company is no longer around but I have seen pics on xbox-scene that had that companys chips on early model debug xboxes.

If I can dig out some of the articles I will link to them.

try this. boot your 128mb xbox and load FBL then try to launch a cps3 game. it will load very slow and run the game bout 5 fps. now reboot load coinops x and just reboot thru coinops then load FBL and run a cps3 game. loads in a matter of seconds and game runs fine. same goes for the n64 emu. thats why I have my box boot to a fake .xbe that is the default.xbe in coinops then hold down A button to boot xbmc. works wonders on a 128mb box