CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

Bp, are you integrating coinops into xbmc and creating a new branch to keep the xbox branch alive?

If so are you going to continue to patch in other xbmc features from the other platforms?

This would be so kick ass because I have read top xbmc dev's post on there forum saying the xbox branch is abandoned. Only one xbox dev left and it was posted that he most likely would not have an interest for alot of new features.

Xbmc would be so perfect for coinops and xbmc needs the help to be carried on as it has for so long.

Then just maybe irq's pc build could be patched into a xbmc pc build with your patches and expand the whole xbmc project into another branch direction.

Thinking about it all those people who complain you release so often would be welcoming all the releases to get all the latest main xbmc build feature patches.

If this is what your planning I am stoked about it.

If not what are your exact plans I am curious.

Now that you got the cores worked into coinops for the other systems it should make it easier to tie everything into xbmc and blow all the features out. This it would seem would require alot more work to do if you had to deal with each emulator individually.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

128 megs will make no difference..the speed will be crippled...the 1gig speedy cpu ones will do this stuff no worries

runtime im well on my way way to getting xbmc...coinops and cores all together...im just doing the gui now....and debugging it...its an old snap shot of xbmc though a very stable and very fast one....as these to where my concern...the new build is a mem hog and is buggy as so its not where im starting this....but phils seen real world photos of it going as he asked for specific things so saw it specifically going....

OH MAN, I gotta get me a speedy xbox of trusty.... time to sell the PS3 I think to raise the funds required....

lol i need a ps3 ;-P

any word on games like mk2 mk3 and ultmk3 running at full speed with sound or will that be an emulator on the 360?

Edited by BritneysPAIRSisaGOD

Is it still going to have mythtv support? Video? library mode? Music? upnp? samba? file manager?

I am asking about most xbmc standard features.

I also have seen a patch that has not been applied to the xbox branch that allows remote database location. This is something else that is new and is huge for a home setup with multiple frontend units.

I am just wondering how much functionality your going to give it. You say it requires less memory I figure you have ripped out some functionality to do so and if so what functionality are you sacrificing?

OH MAN, I gotta get me a speedy xbox of trusty.... time to sell the PS3 I think to raise the funds required....

lol i need a ps3 ;-P

any word on games like mk2 mk3 and ultmk3 running at full speed with sound or will that be an emulator on the 360?

he is talking about running coinops on the original xbox which a guy called trusty over at xbox scene will mod for you,he basically does the following

1.puts in 128mb of ram

2.puts in a 1ghz processer.

O wow, integrating CoinOPS and XBMC sound freaking awesome !

But like run088, I wonder what are the differences in functionality between the build you are using and the newest builds ?

If there's any info you can/want to give us, plz do.

Keep up the good works.

it will play all media and run at 60 frames a second...no please wait stuff or any of that stuff...no memory leaks and no clutter....same thoughts as CoinOPS expanded

Is it still going to have

mythtv support=No idea as ive never used it or know how to....

Video=YES

library mode=Maybe but I think its a bad idea it will scrapper nfos though and support fanart in filemodes for everything

Music=YES

upnp=Maybe

samba=YES

file manager=YES

basically this will run everything I use the xbox for...I also might intergrate DVD2xbox as ive done it but deciding if its just clutter

I want a pretty smooth interface to look at pics...play music....play and video...play xbox games....play arcades...play selected good emulators in one interface/dash and make it mum friendly and ive done that design wise now its just working out what is clutter and what isnt and pretting it up a bit....ive got the frame rate to 2 times that of the current xbmc and also reduced the mem to half....now everything runs silky smooth as the current svn is really mem intensive and really cpu intensive that was my main concern to sort out....and thats done

everything is being redone like settings etc give my mum friendly design....never crash no bugs approach...it will be designed with the principle of a smooth gui and a simple launcher of media...arcades/consoles...xbox games ... ill be removing all the bloat I can from xbmc which is great on PC but the xbox/a console in front of the kids and tv should be easy pretty and simple...bug free and smooth...thats my goal and in BETA its all ready exactly that

PS please tell the new guy at xbox scene to come here we can help him....he needs CoinOPS Showrcase or wait a few weeks and grab CoinOPS Showroom as it will expand on it....they wont help him with stuff like this and its easy as if he finds out...I dont belong there.....tell him to join here and ill help him including the console stuff all renamed stuff like that

peace....

WARNING!!! RANT ALERT : PS I wont be going into xbmc community stuff they would hate some of the petty minded stuff that is here these days....im already in places you dont know about and I hide my avatars to keep the few small minded people that think im a newbe away..... its best this way to stay sep and sep avatars for projects.....if people dont understand then they miss the obvious....and no real need to explain....

I would have liked thing diff but its obvious to me a few spoil many things that haven been happening and have happened...

WARNING!!! RANT ALERT : eg like N64 xmv support :) would take 5mins to add...and about an hour to patch across with all the options of CoinOPS...eg all music / xmv track setup options.... but I leave it to them normally within a few years it may get in...but luckly people release something every year or so and not quickly all the time adding new stuff lol little dig I guess

WARNING!!! RANT ALERT : But its sad to see people with no skills telling people they can add stuff...someone promised...he will do his own mame for lightgun...fix lightgun...all this kind of stuff and its a simple fix that makes me smile but im still waiting on the day he actually learns to do something for himself and stops telling me I dont know what im doing...

WARNING!!! RANT ALERT : PS I wont be going into xbmc community stuff they would hate some of the petty minded stuff that is here these days....im already in places you dont know about and I hide my avatars to keep the few small minded people that think im a newbe away..... its best this way to stay sep and sep avatars for projects.....if people dont understand then they miss the obvious....and no real need to explain....

I would have liked thing diff but its obvious to me a few spoil many things that haven been happening and have happened...

WARNING!!! RANT ALERT : eg like N64 xmv support :) would take 5mins to add...and about an hour to patch across with all the options of CoinOPS...eg all music / xmv track setup options.... but I leave it to them normally within a few years it may get in...but luckly people release something every year or so and not quickly all the time adding new stuff lol little dig I guess

WARNING!!! RANT ALERT : But its sad to see people with no skills telling people they can add stuff...someone promised...he will do his own mame for lightgun...fix lightgun...all this kind of stuff and its a simple fix that makes me smile but im still waiting on the day he actually learns to do something for himself and stops telling me I dont know what im doing...

what about full speed MK games and primal rage 1 and 2?? and here is a question games that need a CHD where do i put the CHD files???