CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

Just my opinion but I have to say I'm not a fan of either of those looks. The first one I can't see being suitable for any emulator with a large list of games and the other two just look like a mess to me. I much prefer the existing CoinOPS look. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Yes it is beautifull but not good for a ton of games :)

I prefer a real list with little titles for see many of them at same time and choose one to play ...

With your new skin it is the same problem with films :)

Prefer a view like WALL for emulation or FANART with BIG LIST like in TRANSPARENCY.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cba...go away....you know I think your a fool ... from the A team in the 80s :)

man you guys can skin this any way you like it fonts and sizes would take you 1minute to change....cos has done lots of fonts and its easy to change them

and xbmc version is of course harder to skin but infinite possiblities....

RIGHT GIVE ME PHOTOSHOP MOCKUPS OF WHAT YOU WANT IN A GUI...YOU HAVE ONE WEEK...IF NOT ILL DO ONE IN A DAY.......this is easy for me...but everyone has opions...if I get more of this chatter ill stick with my build and work on features as they are less contriversal than skins....and from the other thread downloads etc ive seen never get much interest apart from the status x team who talk all day about it, and then try and tell others that its what they want...I could simulate transparency in 1 hour using the current skin engine...its as easy as it gets

also feature requests now....im getting tired allready of skinning and if I see any more status x people around ill drop it as I run a diff skin from coinops anyways so it is just an altered mamedox skin for the public

I would like to see you come out with an xbmc-coinops integrated build with the extra support features built in as well as keep all current xbmc features intact. If this was done a whole new line of xbmc could be put out with all the xbox related features that don't make it in the main branch.

XBMC devs pay less and less attention to the xbox builds they have moved on to other platforms. Tech3 builds are coming less often. This is something that may need to happen sooner or later to keep xbmc alive. Not to mention this is the only way all the good xbox related patches will ever see a public build.

If work is to be done on a gui then why not just tighten up the program section of xbmc and make it the new gui. XBMC already has the ability to do most things and most of what it can't do is only because the patches never see the official branch. This would be the ideal base to start with and the possibilities of what could be done with it would be endless.

This is my opinion anyway. I have no idea how everybody else wants it.

I will say that the newer looks you have produced don't seem to give anymore to the end user than the old ones. It kind of reminds me of the car business and how much models differ from year to year when the body style has not changed. The new one is a full screen preview with a rom list. The older one is a full screen preview with a rom list. Both look really good don't get me wrong I am just saying if your going to build a new gui then give it its own new identity don't let it have its predecessors.

I agree....

in which case I have

CoinOPS X = 4.5 gig version done now and fully tested in sd and hd...most of the all time hits ( 450 games )

and

CoinOPS ShowROOM = 15 gig version done now and fully tested in sd and hd...and pretty much all of the hits ( 1800 games )

I could release these and continue on my way with XBMC its been a year since I touched it and it was once the main thing I did

so ill start a new thread soon...I might release ShowROOM and redirect my project...ill ask people soon in a vote...it will be up to them....im back in sync now at least with a fully tested version its been a while since I made the time to fully test end to end everything

Im looking forward to the 15gb release, that will be awesome, will it all include screenshots like the few so far?

I hope it will all be megaupload files... I was reading about the XBMC intergrated release in the comment above. I struggle with xbmc a little, i like what some people have with skins on it etc bbut i find when i click on scripts n stuff they dont work.

I dunno, its prob just me im crap at all this stuff,,, lol

Hello,

Below is my take on a skin. Pretty much, I wanted to make it as simple as possible and make it all about the previews, which is what I look at most when browsing to play a game. Arcade games are so in-your-face that I thought it would be nice to have an interface that is pulled back a bit.

The entire background image would be video that would stretch to fit the screen. The upper portion shows the logo and sorting method. The sorting method would align to the right.

The biggest difference is the game selection menu. This would scroll side to side and I imagine long names would fade out to the left and right. I think this can be done with transparency pretty easily. The game you have selected is bold and highlighted in red. Additional game information (year, manufacturer, type, etc.) would be displayed underneath of it if wanted. This setup leaves more room for the preview and reduces the huge CoinOps list to smaller visual servings.

Different screens are shown below, but all the menus are the same because I'm lazy and didn't feel like faking it. :)

Lemme know your thoughts.

coinops1.png

coinops2.png

coinops3.png

coinops4.png

coinops5.png

how would you do Street Fighter Alpha 1...Alpha 2...etc they would show as Street Fight... and even worse would be Super Street Fighter X

its not viable id say....but this could be skinned in the current engine or some like it in 1 hour or so

both versions 15gig and 4.5 gig have screens videos(videos have audio...but disabled in options by default to background music only)...virtual memory in sd and hd done.... catagoies ...samples...keymaps...sensistivities adjusted the whole lot they use diff saves and are named diff with different icons so both can run side by side...4.5 gig can launch off disc and also can fit onto E drive or non upgraded hdd...this is the reason for it

ummm no standalone planned on these versions as yet but im sure ill get back to that when new features are added

Hello,

I wouldn't want the game names to ever be truncated. The only areas that would be hidden would be to the right and left of the list. They would "fade" away. I'm including a sample below. I used Battletank as an image since I wanted to see how this would look with simple vector games. :)

Also included below is a splash screen. I imagine this animated. I thought it would be cool to have 1 or a few arcade boot screen "garbage" in the background looping. I was always fascinated by that stuff.

Anyway, I have to head to bed. Hope you like.

Talk soon

coinops6.png

coinops0.png

how would you do Street Fighter Alpha 1...Alpha 2...etc they would show as Street Fight... and even worse would be Super Street Fighter X

its not viable id say....but this could be skinned in the current engine or some like it in 1 hour or so

Edited by PhilExile