CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

use hk 128 version it has the kind of autofire you will like..you can set it up via the ingame osd ;)

use hk 128 version it has the kind of autofire you will like..you can set it up via the ingame osd ... sorted for you

With one caveat: He must be willing to give up features in CoinOPS that aren't present in hk 128. IIRC, hk's last release is quite dated. What if he wants auto fire in Boogie Wings? Is that game even compatible with hk 128? Pixel perfect mode isn't there either, which means he'd be stuck playing games with unnecessary blur.

oh well its coded for the normal user not special occassion types of user so I wont be putting this in...the click buttons are the perfect place to put this feature....I tried a few other types of autofire including like hk just copying it from mame32 sources but I didnt like it done like this so I rethought about how I wanted autofire in and for me its exactly how I want it to work

oh well its coded for the normal user not special occassion types of user so I wont be putting this in...the click buttons are the perfect place to put this feature....I tried a few other types of autofire including like hk just copying it from mame32 sources but I didnt like it done like this so I rethought about how I wanted autofire in and for me its exactly how I want it to work

Brit, what do you have against flexibility? Seriously. I totally understand releasing CoinOPS with your preferred defaults (they're fine I think), but not everyone uses an Xbox controller to play arcade games. I myself own a HRAP and a Magic Box. The HRAP and Saturn controllers are far superior to the stock Xbox controllers, imo. So is Neo's setup.

I imagine also that he prefers to use CoinOPS over the dated hk release which is a compliment to the hard work you've put in it. It's just that you label everyone else normal users, when the truth of the matter is that there are plenty of users who own high quality controllers that they'd like to use with CoinOPS.

no hidef...no autoroation...so much is missing...... but he will get history.dat ;)

Keep in mind that some people look to CoinOPS as an all-in-one solution. You're always advertising it this way. Why else have you added support for all these other console systems? Haven't you also mentioned adding dashboard support? Telling him to use an outdated emulator that you've criticized in the past just seems odd, imo.

im hinting I wont be changing autofire thats all...and im letting him know there are solutions to do this the way he wants it.....

im telling him its not in my vision.... at present and dont think it will be.... right now I have other dreams and goals....but one never knows...if a few others really wanted this i might thik about it...but at present any other key will get in the way

im hinting I wont be changing autofire thats all...and im letting him know there are solutions to do this the way he wants it.....

im telling him its not in my vision.... at present and dont think it will be.... right now I have other dreams and goals....but one never knows...if a few others really wanted this i might thik about it...but at present any other key will get in the way

You already know what feature I've been bugging you about, but yeah, increased flexibility *overall* wouldn't be such a bad thing, would it? Being able to move buttons around would really open things up for those using HRAP, X-Arcade, or other controllers that lack joystick input. Like I said, your defaults are work *great* in most cases, but could use just a little more flexibility.

Besides, isn't it about time CoinOPS finally put hk 128 to pasture? ;)