CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@megabungle

thats a pretty good list. unfortunately as cba said, many of those are not yet supported in even the newest mame versions. when you were looking for those lightgun games, did you happen to come across a two player game where one player drives a jeep and the other player shoots? i believe this was a zombie game. i came across it once, but cannot remember the name now...very unfortunate as it looked pretty fun.

Lucky & Wild clone? w/ Zombies?!?! Must find....

PS. Less than half the rom's on that list work.

There are video's and config's for all working roms somewhere i believe.

Ya, found that list on a forum, no idea how it was generated, but most of them looked too new. You're talking about damsoft's (fumanchu reposted) megaupload, right? Ugh, been avoiding it. *EDIT* N/m, found the low quality version. Who needs high quality in a preview running in the background? :) No cfg files in these packs... Assuming I need those, as I remember trying luckywld and it not working. But I can't see that "working" w/o a controller/wheel and 2 light guns anyways. :)

Edited by megabungle

So in my quest to get some new light gun games, I found out that I'm going to have to shell out $50 a pop for light guns that will work with a projector. Lame. I still want to get stuff worked out as best I can, as I have a couple friends whose xboxes I hook up now and again, and they have reg tvs and could use cheapo guns.

Did come across a post detailing that any game that relied on positional (fixed) guns are a hassle w/ light guns, because you have to hold the gun in the exact same place as when you calibrated it.

Maybe BP is on to something by not caring about light guns...

Not caring and not being capable are two different things.

When or if you decide to get your gun/s drop me a PM and ill give you every working game with HQ video and configs, all set and ready to go.

PS. If the newer CoinOps doesn't support LightGuns anymore, never fear, Mameox128 plays them perfectly and also plays Mame 0.84 roms too.

Not caring and not being capable are two different things.

When or if you decide to get your gun/s drop me a PM and ill give you every working game with HQ video and configs, all set and ready to go.

PS. If the newer CoinOps doesn't support LightGuns anymore, never fear, Mameox128 plays them perfectly and also plays Mame 0.84 roms too.

Thats good to know about mameox128, regarding Lightguns cba.gy.

I was wanting to get one of those ones you recommended me...nice.

Not much hope of getting that lightgun support in CoinOPS, as we all know...good old mameox128! :)

nope.... :lol: diff feature...

remember im not really docummenting much...and in truth im working on Showroom 2 so dev for this has stopped...I havent recieved and bug info in 3-4 days so in about 8 hours CoinOPS reignite X is being shut down ... unless others help to do Showroom 2 ill be gone from any new features for about 2-3 weeks id say

nope.... :lol: diff feature...

remember im not really docummenting much...and in truth im working on Showroom 2 so dev for this has stopped...I havent recieved and bug info in 3-4 days so in about 8 hours CoinOPS reignite X is being shut down ... unless others help to do Showroom 2 ill be gone from any new features for about 2-3 weeks id say

Did you your see my request to release a version which all emulator xbes can be launched off of dvd? It'd would be great to see a dvd capable and the regular hardrive release. The reason I ask is it's nice to have a portable version of your emulator as well as a dvd backup. Thanks.