CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

I will add some special testing and alignment stuff for you cos if you have issues.....to fine tune stuff

Thanks man, really thanks.

Maybe it will not be necessary.

Let me try again with more care today after the my work.

I will be posting my results later tonight.

Best regards,

Cospefogo.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well,

After some testing I am happy to say to everyone that

finally it happened. Something the most adventurous

guys ever searched. The super hyper PIXEL PERFECT

feature on a MAME emulator.

BP, you did it, my man.

It is true. The solid truth.

Shinobi, Shadow Dancer, Golden Axe, Moon Patrol, Jackal,

every game under 320x240 pixels runs absolutely marvelous.

100% correct pixel aspect ratio.

No artifacts, no distortion, no tearing, shimmering, bluering,

yadda yadda yadda. Hats off to BP.

But, of course - pardon me if I am becoming to abusive,

but now you are father to a problematic child... the "screen

size larger than 320x240 child!"

Jokes apart - Is that possible to make the PIXEL PERFECT X

option to be applied to ALL games out there, despite if it

will have cropping on the image?

Let me stand my point - Vigilante is a game that is perfectly

playable with crop/overscan on top and bottom, but accordingly

to our feature behavior (it is larger than 240/480 pixels) on height,

so it is displayed on a tiny centered screen. The same happens with

all wider games, like Street Fighter 1, R-Type 1 and R-Type 2.

So, my suggestion is to make the feature be applied on games

shorter than 256 pixels on height. We will cover a entire universe of

games!!!!!!!

And for games on the width as 384 pixels (the whole CPS1 and CPS2

universe), we could have the 10x11 Pixel Aspect Ratio. Do you think

it is possible?

So, on a quick summary:

Shinobi - 320x224 - PERFECT, correct pixels! You did it!

Moon Patrol - 240x224 - PERFECT, correct pixels! You did it!

Jackal - 224x240 - PERFECT, correct pixels! You did it!

Vigilante - 256x256... oops... It does not happen. Can you make it happen?

Just changing the limit from 240 height to 256 height?

And, if you can add the 10x11 Pixel Aspect Ratio feature... nothing to cerebral,

just place it there with ON/OFF switch. We can handle the rest!

THANK YOU SO MUCH, MAN.

Right on the spot.

Bull's eye.

Cospefogo.

Edited by Cospefogo

need to talk to you about some stuff cos

what you ask is easy but might not be needed

I could make a pixel perfect x+20percent or something like that

it would look at your setup screensize and still scale it up to 20percent outside your setup window...anyway best to talk about this stuff right now it will go to your setup window...by default your screensetup size for overscan is 90percent, so 90percent of 640 and 90percent of 480 is where it would allow the scaling x2 x3 x4 be capible of scaling in sd....of coarse its 90percent of 1280 and 90 percent of 720 for hd so scale x2 will allways happen and most of the time x3 and sometimes x4 maybe even x5

also can talk about 10x11 thing as thats easy as well....but there is a better solution I know of

I can do any logic and add switchs....the interface is 100percent cutomisible I could add any switchs like

Default Resolutions ON/off

Width of pixels = ------------ if Default Resolutions = ON or adjustble from 100-2500 if Default Resolutions = OFF

Width of pixels = ------------ if Default Resolutions = ON or adjustble from 100-1500 if Default Resolutions = OFF

an option to adjust pixel x to 10x11 Pixel Aspect Ratio if width of 384 pixels...everything is east its just thinking about the best way to put it into the gui...the engines done and very customisble and can add up to 95 more modes

I was wondering if anyone could take a look into why the consoles emulators fail to load off dvd. I tried editing the saves through hex editing but all the consoles emu's still lock up before they launch. Help would greatly appreciated since I and i'm sure others would like to have the option of having the emulators work off dvd. If someone would be able to look into it and edit the XBE's i could try testing them off dvd. Thankyou

you could try installing coinops to your xbox hdd and then just have the roms burned on dvdr.

then just go into the advanced settings and point the emulator to g:/roms.

this way it would read the roms from a dvd disc.

its an option to try anyway.

Yea that's an option, but I want the ability to play the emulator on the fly without and pre-installed stuff. Console emulators launch fine off the big ass emu discs and I have built my own multi game emu discs. I'm not sure why there is a problem trying to load the console emus when coinops is burned to dvd. As brit suggested I changed D:\\SAVES, to E:\\SAVES by hex editing the xbes. That's the the correct directory? Anyone got any other ideas why the emu can detect and load the games off the dvd to be selected in coinops, but the console emulators freeze upon selecting the game to load.

Edited by law56kerz

it will for serval reasons im aware of...the sources are issues as all inis are set to load and update in the folder the emulator is

the ini like neogensis.ini is on D:\\

anything that has to save to D:\\ cant be there or it will lock up trying....so ini cfgs saves anything that used to be on E:\\ from exports emus is now D:\\

it will for serval reasons im aware of...the sources are issues as all inis are set to load and update in the folder the emulator is

the ini like neogensis.ini is on D:\\

anything that has to save to D:\\ cant be there or it will lock up trying....so ini cfgs saves anything that used to be on E:\\ from exports emus is now D:\\

Well if you get time, it would be awesome if you could release dual release of your emu, one that can launch off DVD and one configured to launch off hardrive. I'd greatly appreciate it as I like to always have a disc backup and the ability to add each build to my collection.

Hey BP,

I think what you're proposing is a good idea. If you want games like Vigilante to overscan, there could be a advance setting such as the following:

- Enable Overscan

As you said, CoinOps would look at your default screen area and enlarge it by 20% or even 30%. As long as it keeps the XY center and CoinOps is scaling 2X, it shouldn't cause any pixel distortion.

A 10x11 pixel option would definitely help games like Strider that are 384x224. The idea behind this is that it would compress the 768 pixels to a manageable 640. This is all in theory of course, we will have to test it. I think Cospefogo has more experience with this, so he'll be able to elaborate here if needed.

I image it being the following:

- Enable 10x11 pixels for Widescreen

I do think this 10x11 should be limited to widescreen games, however, I'm not sure if its possible to limit the function to just these games.

Thanks again BP, the feature is fantastic!

Excelent BP ... you really make a fantastic work here ... you make xbox 1 the best arcade museum machine now with the full perfect pixel game size ;)

Really, many thanks for it....

ok now its

Scale

Stretch

Pixel Perfect (pixel perfect ...eg exact size)

Pixel Perfect x2 (2x pixel perfect for every game)

Pixel Perfect x3 (3x pixel perfect for every game for HD users maybe)

Pixel Perfect Auto Fill ( upscales perfectly from x2 x3 x4 x5 to fill your defined area) for people that never want it to leave there setup screen area

Pixel Perfect Overscan ( upscales perfectly from x2 x3 x4 x5 to fill full screen and 25 percent overscan area) for people that dont mind it cutting off a small amount to achieve one more perfect upscale

Horizontal Widescreen Correction

Vertical Rotated Widescreen Correction

Horizontal and Vertical Rotated Widescreen Correction

remember this can get better ;) just in trails to find modes to best suit...but maybe the overscan option will work....its time to retest

(...) an option to adjust pixel x to 10x11 Pixel Aspect Ratio if width of 384 pixels...everything is east its just thinking about the best way to put it into the gui...the engines done and very customisble and can add up to 95 more modes (...)

Hey there BP.

I like your proposals.

Matter of fact 256 pixels on height is the maximum we can handle on pixel perfect and with acceptable overscan. For games taller than 256 (with very very few exceptions) the overscan will damage seriously the game play. Important game visual data will be cut off, troubling the gaming session.

PixelPerfectX + 20% is now th PixelPerfectOverscan, correct?

I think it will work flawlessly. I am ready to TEST.

Regarding the 10x11 pixel aspect ratio, under PixelPerfectOverscan, maybe it could be automatically applied for games larger than 320 on width? Because, after all, I think this 10x11 aspect ration will matter only to person who wants to use the PixelPerfectOverscan. Perhaps you can have it merged inside the PixelPerfectOverscan feature and save room on the GUI settings menus. People who don't use pixel perfect will never care about 10x11 any way.

if (width > 320) { apply(pixel_perfect_overscan(10x11)) }
else { apply(pixel_perfect_overscan()) }

(Ha ha... look! I am almost a C++ coder!)

Well, that's it.

I think we are almost there.

PixelPerfectOverscan will make me throw out in the garbage all the 14 different CoinOPS I have, ha ha ha.

Hours of work gone!

=D

Cospefogo.

Edited by Cospefogo